Fontana, CA

Poplar Elementary School 1

Posted June 17, 2015
I feel like I could write a book of bad things that has happened to my daughter and I at this school. Unfortunately she has to attend this school, hopefully not for long. The staff/teachers never have a clue of what goes on. One ex.y daughter went through recently i packed her lunch ine day, because school lunch isn't always greatest, she asked for help to open her container and staff member couldn't open it so just left her without anything to eat but her crackers!! Instead of offering something else she left my child without eating all day! Yet all the principal could say is she waa sorry and she will have a "talk" with them. I simply can't wait to get her to a new school. Not happy with this school at all.

Poplar Elementary School 1

Posted May 12, 2015
If I could give this school one star or an "F" I would. So many bad things about this school to mention here. My daughter attended this school and for starters the teachers and school secretaries have no clue what their teaching or what events are happening at the school. Every call I made to verify information they would respond with I don't know or the person in charge of this is not available. Another thing was the constant substitutes the students had to deal with for a whole year, one after another. How is my child suppose to learn when they constantly have a different teacher! I can go on but why waste my time on this pathetic school. Parents don't let your kids attend this school they will not be challenged to their full potential.
2 people found this helpful

Posted March 21, 2011
very good school. There are very good teachers at Poplar. The office staff and Principal are great. They will work with you about any concerns.

Posted March 15, 2011
As a parent of three boys and a teacher, I found out that Poplar Elem School has invited Fontana Marine Corps Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps Instructors and Cadets to conduct Leadership, Military Drill and Physical fitness training to around 75 students of the school. What a great idea to instill some discipine to the students. Also to get them in shape. I salute the principal, couselor and teachers.

Posted January 27, 2009
Poplar Elementary I feel has the potential to become a great school. However it is very discouraging when you attend a school meeting and you see only 3-5 parents there. We as parents need to be more involved and pertake in our childrens education. It is futrating when you hear parents complaining on how poor the school is performing and yet I do not see these parents in the meetings. I give a lot of credit to our principal; she does the best she can with what she has to work with. I will do all that I can to help improve the school and my childrens education.

Poplar Elementary School
9937 Poplar Avenue, Fontana, CA  92335
Last modified Poplar Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Poplar Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top