Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Someof the teachers are great and the principal Mr. Gomez is committed to keeping the students safe and responsiblet for their actions and he has high expectations for all the students and the parents. My main concern is the disrespect and inconsiderate the students and parents have for one another.

If you can avoid sending your children to this school please do so!!!! My daughter attended this school not only because I am a former student but because my mom babysits for me. I received a call on a Friday morning letting me know that that would be my child's last day of attendance at that school due to over enrollment in her grade; that her inter-district transfer was revoked and that maybe I should go to her home school and let them know she was going to be attending that school (within the same school district). Not to mention my daughter had been teased by the children at that school for having dark skin, the principal is an absolute joke! This may be an innocuous comment but it is my opinion that he definitely does not posses the leadership qualities that a man in his position should have acquired prior to taking on such a role.

When i first move to this neighborhood . A lot of people warn me That this was no good school, That was 10 years ago. I'm so happy to say I took the risk, knowing this was the school they belong....(I guess that of being bad school was before ). Even that not all the teachers give 100% 98 % of them are great . The last 3 principals , IM soo grateful we have them . Mr Browly, Mr Chavez and Mr Gomez, In my opinion BEST principals ever in Fusd . They really care for our children -AND- parent learning . If you'r looking for a good school for your children REDWOOD elementary is THE BEST .

I have had bad experience with this school. I had recently brought my son back after attending primrose for about 5mths and i was so unhappy. My son was learning way more at primrose and he was in regular classes over there and was going to get tested for GIfted classes but we ended up moving. When we cam back to redwood they put him in the GATE program per my request and he seems to come home stating he is redoing everything they had him do at primrose. I thought LAUSD was bad but oh no FUSD is way worst. They top it off.

The childern are so happy! My daughter is so excited to go to school everyday to learn. The teachers go above and beyond for there students!

Last modified Redwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.