Foothill Ranch Elementary School 3

Posted May 29, 2014
My child is currently enrolled in this school. This school has some of the best teachers, but the PTA of this school is one of the worst. Awards are given (for e.g Science Fair) based on who you know in PTA, (or if your Mom is a class Mom etc), and NOT on merit. There is no motivational stuff that is done for the students. Kids are given food coupon rather than certificates or medals for their in class achievement. If there is an outside field trip planned, and the weather is 100 degrees outside, the school goes ahead with the field trip, with minimum to none consideration for the health of the kids. The school management spends more time on fund collection schemes (from parents), than ways to improve API score, or ways to motivate and reward the deserving kids for better performance.

Posted April 28, 2014
I know foothill ranch elementary school... My two kids are studying in this school. very good school !! Teachers are very friendly,and helpful.Before we were in Irvine school..I like this school and teachers than Irvine school..

Posted December 18, 2013
Very good school. Kind & dedicated teachers! This school uses : SMART Boards Doc Cams SMART Notebook SRI My daughter here is very happy & progressing great! Lot of after-school activities to choose from which is so helpful !!!

Posted December 13, 2013
Very nice school..my daughter just changed the district and joined here this year..so exciting...she is so happy and satisfied that we made the right choice...great PTA & GATE program..thanks to the dedicated and kind teachers !!! 3 CHEERS!!!

Posted October 08, 2013
My son just started here. It's been great so far. The teachers are great and the school strictly enforces rules. Great FRKF. The homework materials are great and upto expectations.

Posted April 25, 2013
This school is amazing! What a terrific GATE (gifted and talented education) this school has and teachers that really care. Thie student body is well diversified. Outstanding PTA and FRKF (local kid's foundation) that make this school shine with extra programs most schools can't offer. The parents' involvement in this school is second to none. I have two boys that graduated from this school and they now straight A students - one of my kids is at OCSA (a charter performing arts high school and voted one of the best schools in the NATION). I also have a younger child at this school who loves it and is receiving the best education our tax dollars can offer. This is a community of smart, involved and kind people and this is reflected in the quality of the teachers and students alike. Anyone who doesn't like this school is an ANOMALY and obviously has their own individual issues. No school is perfect, but I feel like I gave my kid's the best by living in this community and sending them to this wonderful school.

Posted January 24, 2013
My son has been at this school for two years and is doing quite well. The teachers and other staff members that I have met are great. Classes are a bit overcrowded, but I know that is true of most California public schools today. From what I have seen in my son's classroom, his teacher is doing the best and the most that she can. It helps that there is a lot of parent involvement here. It seems as if there is often at least one parent helping in the lower grade classrooms.

Foothill Ranch Elementary School 4

Posted October 28, 2012
My son transferred here from Melinda Heights because SDC was overcrowded there and he was stuck in a class with horrible teacher. Since changing schools last year, he has matured so much and he is meeting grade level standards for the first time. We love Mr. Cuesta and the instructional aids. Thanks to great parent particiapation, the school is able to offer its large student population a variety of academic and extra curricular activities. Our SDC kids have great opportunities for inclusion in all of these.

Posted July 05, 2012
I go to this school and i am going in to 6th grade. Being a bobcat has changed my life comepletly. There are ups and downs....but i met the best friends there.

Posted May 01, 2012
Great school with great teachers --Mrs Liewer, Mrs Shoemaker (retired), Mrs McCarthy, Mrs Rubel (retired), Mrs Ray, Mrs McCurdy, Mrs Grove, Mrs Kimball and many more. Parent involvements also have made a difference in today's annual budget crisis.

Foothill Ranch Elementary School
1 Torino Drive, Foothill Ranch, CA  92691
Last modified Foothill Ranch Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Foothill Ranch Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 48 reviews. Top