Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (2 responses)

Gisler (Robert) Elementary School 3

Posted January 08, 2016
While the teaching staff is great the office staff needs to learn how to treat people. 30 to 1 ratio of students to teacher is a little nuts in my opinion. My children are above the average and are not being challenged enough. They don't get tested when they are ready to move up in math or reading. Like I said before the teaching staff is great but because of the ratio they can't help the kids that want to move faster. I have 4 kids and work with them daily so that they will succeed in school. WhIle they are doing well they want to move a little faster then the teachers can provide.

Gisler (Robert) Elementary School 3

Posted November 12, 2015
We have 2 children attending here. We LOVE the principal! If their is an issue she finds a way to address it whether an assembly, meeting, or being the crossing guard. Almost all the teachers our children have had go above & beyond and We love their passion for teaching. Our children love going to school everyday and that makes us happy parents! We don't always like that they get quite a few substitutes due to the teachers miss a lot of teaching days for trainings & meetings etc.. Isn't that what teacher work days and summer should be about. Just a thought. But if it keeps the kids learning and teachers amazing who am I to really complain about the process. Both our children only had a rough 1st grade experience and had the same teacher. She maybe needs to rethink her career and know each child is unique and not each child responds to her type of discipline & structure. We just used it as a early life learning lesson on how you may not always like and get along with everyone. Customer service aspect the school is lacking A LOT! I would love for the front office staff & cafiteria workers to go to more trainings on that if anything. My children refuse to buy lunch after many attempts of buying and were either scolded for imputing their # in wrong due to feeling rushed or they run out of the item from the menu. If you have to deal with the front office ladies good luck! They are rude no matter what you are going in for. Everything is always your fault or are handled in a way that you are an annoyance to them. Lack of communication between teachers & nurses with them cause a lot of the issues. But I don't blame them I would avoid talking to them too if I could. Just have thick skin and only go in if you absolutely have to is my advice... Which is sad they are supposed to be welcoming and a friendly face of the school and the link to you and the school. The PTO is pretty awesome they ask for a lot, money, supplies, donations, volunteers, but we can see it all going to a great cause so ok with it. So all in all we keep our kids here for the only reason that we can see our kids love of learning brought on by the amazing teachers! So thank you to all the amazing teachers at Gisler!

Posted September 11, 2015
My child has been attending Gisler since kindergartn (now a 3rd grader). I have had great experience with his teachers so far. Classes have never exceeded 28 students.?They put a great deal of time into there instruction and comparing his reading and math with other children his age who don't attend this school I see the difference. The Pta (something I am not part of but do try to give money when I can) does a great job in having multiple activities for families to attend. They do ask for donations regularly, but you can see all that is being given to the school by the PTA, so I don't mind. School supplies are plentiful here never had a complaint by my child about lack of material. Children are able to attend computer labs and library weekly. The library has a great selection on modern books that my child enjoys. There are also art classes for the children and after school activities (such as music or sports--at a cost) offered. We've never had a problem with bulling or name calling, they hold assemblies about it the subject...I think it has made a difference. Overall I think it deserves it 9 star rating. Cons; Lunch menu lacks healthy options and creativity so we pack most our lunch. And there is no air conditioning for the kids, but they survive.

Gisler (Robert) Elementary School 2

Posted October 26, 2014
Robert Gisler. So far I've been below average overall. A school that doesn't let parents be involved ( unless to fund money at the carnival and pta donations). Many of the parents at a certain 2nd grade teacher where very displeased. If this school rates a 9, we are in trouble.

Posted February 17, 2012
Awesome school! My son has been there from kindergarten and has loved every moment of it. This year has been his favorite year due to his wonderful 3rd grade teacher and all his best friends. My son is the happiest boy in the world to go to his favorite school everyday. It is kind of like winning a lottery ticket everyday to see your child wanting to go to school so much. We are so grateful as great education is the most important. Sadly due to a school closure and new boundary lines created by the district, we have now officially been assigned to a different school for him. We will do whatever we can to stay in this school but if all fails, I would be very sad to see my son going to a different school, without his friends only for the last two years of elementary school. We love Gisler! Please let us stay!

Gisler (Robert) Elementary School 4

Posted October 27, 2011
I was thrilled with bowler last year with mrs. Perkins Now we have mrs. Buehler and the verdict is still out. She has not done anything "wrong" but I have been able to help this year and I am noticing things I wish parents would have a say about first ie: later gators kindergarten does lunch recess on the 1/2nd grade playground. I wish I could of had a vote. They say its because there are not enough aids to watch both playgrounds but im sure some parents would have volunteered.

Posted January 20, 2011
Mrs Perkins is the best... she really cares about her students and the school. I've had students from Talbert to Gisler with her. going to miss mrs Perkins its our last year at Gisler...

Posted September 21, 2010
The teachers and principal are very dedicated to bringing out the most in our children. They are very responsive to our needs and are always available to listen to our concerns and suggestions.

Posted June 25, 2010
Excellent school and teaching staff and dedicated principal. Best school for gifted kids. Very active PTO and involved parents.

Gisler (Robert) Elementary School 4

Posted August 25, 2009
I have 3 children who have attended Gisler. We have had (for the most part) very good teachers all 6+ yrs. The staff is very professional and willing to work w/the parents. We think Mrs. Perkins is doing a great job as our principal! We hope she stays for a while!

Gisler (Robert) Elementary School
18720 Las Flores Street, Fountain Valley, CA  92708-7113
Last modified Gisler (Robert) Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gisler (Robert) Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top