Fountain Valley, CA

Tamura (Hisamatsu) Elementary School 2

Posted December 12, 2013
Transferring my kid out. What happened this year? New principal and staff going downhill, that's what. We're done.

Tamura (Hisamatsu) Elementary School 4

Posted August 08, 2013
My family has been attending this school for five years. I have multiple children in different grades and one with special needs. Tamura has it's faults. As do everyone. But overall this school is really great. Yes there are teachers I don't like. And I am not a huge fan of all of the staff members, but my children have been learning, are happy and enjoy school. even then it was to help pay for out door science camp. That is how I rate a school. I have found the special needs of my child meet with great concern from the district and the school. Thank you Tamura for being a great school.

Tamura (Hisamatsu) Elementary School 3

Posted June 28, 2013
Tamura used to be a great school but it is not anymore. Many good teachers were retired. New teachers either from other schools or new do not know what they are doing. School activities are good but teaching quality is going down due to teacher's qualities. If principal knows how to manage or hiring quality teacher, Tamura will go back to the glory of past or it will go south within 5 years. I am very sorry to say this.

Tamura (Hisamatsu) Elementary School 1

Posted January 22, 2013
Both my daughters attended this school, I was not happy with the teachers, not enough teaching just a lot of memorization. My daughters learned a lot but 90 percent of it was from me. The principal is insane, all she cares about is money and state scores. they have fundraisers ever other day. I feel the principal didn't care about the students at all. I do not recommend this school.

Posted April 20, 2012
I have a son who will soon be completing his first year (Kindergarden) at Tamura. From day one, the faculty and staff have been amazing! Principal Adams demonstrates great modeling for the staff each and every day as she greets students arriving on campus! The communications between staff and parents and volunteers has been excellent! Parent involvement is highly promoted. The expectations and standards for students are set high but not unattainable as the faculty are highly supportive and provide very good classroom and home instructions ensuring parents play an integral part in each child's education. Being in a household with parents working full-time, I must attribute much of my son's development to the teaching staff and curriculum. Well done Tamura! Keep up the excellent work! I hope to have all 3 of my boys complete K-5 at this exceptional school.

Posted February 13, 2012
We decided to drive our Kindergartener to Tamura to take advantage on the all day schedule. We fully intended to return to our home school for 1st grade. Not anymore. We have been incredibly impressed with Tamura from day one. The level of expectation by the students, staff and parents is high. As it should be. I'm happy to drive my son to Tamura. I feel lucky to be able to send my son to such a high caliber public school.

Posted September 16, 2011
The Principal is wonderful. The instruction is excellent. They have an Honor Society on campus. They value good citizenship. We are blessed to be a part of this outstanding school.

Posted July 23, 2010
We recently moved into a neighborhood with an excellent school but my kids refuse to leave Tamura. It's a warm, friendly place with dedicated teachers and staff. Parent involvement is second to none!

Posted August 24, 2009
My daughter LOVES Tamura! We were going to move recently and decided to stay in F.V. so my daughter would not have to change schools. Her teacher this past year was AMAZING! Not to mention, Principal Adams greets the children EVERY morning with a smile and a hug...it's heartwarming. Since day one, Lori the office manager is always extremely helpful, patient & kind. As a concerned loving Mother Tamura gives me the sense of security of knowing my daughter is in a safe & happy environment. Keep up the good work Tamura! I look forward to her spending 3 more joyous years at Tamura

Posted September 11, 2007
This is my sons fourth year at Tamura, I wrote the October 18th, 2004 parent review. I have to say this school gets better and better. I was told at the local private school that I was too picky and too involved. Both of my sons have benefited from the excellent Fountain Valley School District. My entering 5th grader just received a perfect 100% on the state standards for math and since I don't help my sons with their homework wanting more for them to be independent I credit 100% of his academic success and competence to the Tamura teachers! It doesn't get better than this and we payed over $4000 per child to get a sub-par education at the private school. Research what your paying for and you will be happy with Tamura!

Tamura (Hisamatsu) Elementary School
17340 Santa Suzanne Street, Fountain Valley, CA  92708
Last modified Tamura (Hisamatsu) Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tamura (Hisamatsu) Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top