Posted September 30, 2013
Thornton is a great school with excellent teachers and bright students. The school offers many extracurricular activities and excels academically with above 900 API. I don't have any hesitation about sending my kids here.

Posted September 16, 2013
I love this school. The faculty is fantastic. Mr. Hicks and Mr. Pabley are wonderful administrators!

Posted June 02, 2013
The school colors are black and yellow like actual thunderbolts in the dark. The school year so far is the very best. All the teachers just know what to do.

Thornton Junior High School 3

Posted June 01, 2013
I went there many years ago and I was trying to remember the school colors.. Can someone tell me.

Posted February 27, 2013
I'm a 7th grader In Thornton and is almost done with the school year. Thornton is actually an amazing school.I am an all honors student.My history, math,and science teachers In my school are really nice and work hard to get one on one time,to make homework seem less difficult to us,and to make sure we all learned the lesson before we go to the next one.My math teacher is going a couple chapters ahead of the other classes,and my science teacher is the only teacher in the school that make us do the science fair, and the other teacher don't do it because they feel that their students don't feel prepared. PE is OK, but its English that troubles me the most. My teacher is alright, but she doesn't teach properly. She doesn't give one on one attention and she doesn't give any examples or a throughout explanation of what we are supposed to do. I suggest if you like arts and crafts, take calligraphy. she barely teaches calligraphy and mainly teaches art. The real arts and crafts teacher retired in the middle of the school year, so now we are having a sub come in each day and after a few months a new one comes in.By the time your child might come to Thornton,a new teacher may come.

Posted November 21, 2012
Excellent school, strict Principal, good music teacher. My child did his 7th & 8th grade and we will always be grateful.

Posted July 17, 2011
Hi, I'm also an eighth grade student who agrees with the previous strdent about EVERYTHING. One of the one and only flaws that the school has is the dress code. Sometimes, it seems as if you get in trouble for getting "close" to breaking the rule, but not breaking it yet. So, what is really the standard? However, the music program is great. Never seen a better music teacher by far besides the Thornton music teacher. The PE program is also really tough, but it's challengining, competitive, and absolutely FUN. The honors teachers won't be too difficult for you if you finish all your work in time and with effort. Agreeing with the previous student, the science teacher was extremely difficult. Bit if you try your best, it is not a problem to pass her class. Overall, this school is REALLY cool and great!

Thornton Junior High School 3

Posted April 01, 2011
O.K. I'm the eighth student poster, except the "I am a" bar won't let me say that. The school's decent. I have fourth period P.E. A lot of people say my teacher is harsh with the grading, but it seems generally fair to me. But, I'm a girl. We're graded a bit softer. I have to do Read on the floor in the gym, but that's fine too. My honors English and Math plus my History teacher don't get too involved with our work, but if you do all your homework, you'll do fine in their classes. My honors science teacher's very energetic and DOES really get involved with your assignments, but WATCH OUT! She has very high standards and you have to really think in her class. Get your agendas, notebooks and folders out! My electives this year ended up as chorus and art. The art teacher seems strict, but don't talk or fool around, use light, sketchy lines and you'll be fine. The band teacher has a lot of musical experience and is normally cheerful. Chorus singers are a meek though. Yes, a downside of the school is all the trash and food. The upside is you can watch the pigeons. There are a lot of seagulls which accidentally hit a student every now and then with fecal matter. Not too common.

Thornton Junior High School 0

Posted October 09, 2010
Great school with great music program!

Posted April 21, 2010
Great school, tones of great learning opportunities for your child to succeed! There are plenty of good elective choices to choose from! Great teachers and staff!

Thornton Junior High School
4357 Thornton Avenue, Fremont, CA  94536
Last modified Thornton Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thornton Junior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 49 reviews. Top