No rating

Montessori School Of Fremont

Private | PK-6

Living in Fremont

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $752,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,800.

Posted February 27, 2014

I attended this school since my first year of primary education. I cannot remember much about my preschool experience, but I remember engaging and hands-on learning. Lower elementary was similar, with encouraging teachers allowing one to go at an accelerated pace. The upper elementary experience, however, was completely different. The martinet director would rarely teach, leaving a majority of learning to the students. Instead, she would police every aspect of school life except education. During the few times she did teach, she did it irresponsibly. For example, in 6th grade, we had to complete 6 great stories (Montessori essays). I put my best effort into them and turned in my final draft much before it was due. On the due date, she said she didn't receive mine, when I remembered placing them in her hands. She made me redo them, and when I submitted these, she said that they were "sloppy." I remembered reading one of the girls' (all of which were treated leniently by the teacher) that included limited vocabulary and C-grade information compared to mine--it, however, received a much better grade than mine. The negative experience of upper elementary accounts for the 2-star rating.

Posted October 25, 2013

Iam mom of 5 year old kid. and She has been in the school now for 1 year and i just love the school . Even i could see the sudden improvement in behavioral and academic of my kid . Iam very happy with the administration and the teacher .They have an outstanding curriculum .

Posted February 6, 2012

We came from Mission Valley Montessori (sister school of MSF) where he education for pre-school is excellent. The lower elementary of this school is questionable. There are 3 classrooms for lower elementary going to only 1 classroom in upper elementary. The teacher we ended up with happened to be the worst of the 3 classrooms. During parent-teacher conferences, she talks about other kids but NOT our son. She did not take the time in the 3 years he spent in her classroom to know him. She is "supposedly" the most experience teacher of the 3 yet she is the oldest. She is in her 60s with hip surgery, so you can imagine how much energy she has for 28 6-8 years old boys and girls. No time for chats in the hall way, no email communication, no phone calls, no suggestion on how we can improve things. The office is not as helpful as in MVM. The owner actually told me that Mission Valley Montessori is their stellar school. No principal or director that you can talk to any time. Ms Tess is in front but she only manages the preschool. Accounting is nonexistent either. You need to make sure you are on top of your automatic deposit. No accident reports whenever there are accidents.

Posted November 3, 2011

I taught a student that came from this school and she described treatment by her teacher which was atrocious to me. The concerns about the teachers and administration are real, and can not be determined by a visit. My advice is to talk to the older children and hear the facts. I also have a life-long friend who sent her two kids here for a total of seven years and was met with the same concerns. She finally moved her kids to another school. It's too bad that the administration is so unresponsive. The private schools I have taught at in Fremont are completely the opposite.

Posted October 22, 2011

The families who see a problem in the school administration are quite correct. I worked there for a long time and survived by not telling the director anything! I knew pertinent info about the children would be used for gossip or to "set up" another teacher if there were problems. A sad commentary. Never the less many teachers did try hard in those overcrowded classrooms to do well by the children. By the way, I left on good terms. Please try to support the teachers [they are probably as frustrated as you], bypass the director and talk directly to the owner[s]'
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted February 15, 2011

I have been going to Montessori School of Fremont ever since preschool and it is very difficult. However, it is a great education and all the negative comments are false teachers there do care, they arent supposed to call an ambulance to care for a cut, and the furniture is brand new THANK YOU VERY MUCH! i have known Ms. Tess and Ms. Lindsay all my life and they are excellent. They mostly focus on Academics which is good because most kindergartners, know there Multiplication Tables, Division, Addition, and subtraction by heart. Very outstanding School

Posted February 11, 2011

I put my child here after hearing good reviews from parents. But unfortunately this school is having its downfall. I find the teachers completely not involved and not at all repsonsive to any concerns. The management also is unware of whats going on and dodnt seem to care. The furniture is old and so are its teachers. I guess this used to be good long time ago and not anymore. So parents please watch out they are only selling once upon a time brand and are really not worth for the money you pay. Moreover you dodnt want your child to be in a place where they are not cared.

Posted June 8, 2009

The curriculum here excels in supporting the self-guided student. This school truly encourages the child to be self-reliant and independent and the teachers are amazing. Communication and response by the Director's Office is the major downfall. The Director, Tess, appears unconcerned with issues brought to her and is rarely in her office or on site. Assistant Director, Lindsay, is much better with communication but lacks follow through with some matters. It is unfortunate that the reputation of this truly wonderful school is marred by the few in the office that run it.

Posted February 16, 2009

I rate the school one star because I failed to see the teachers or the principal respond to our concerns. My kids got hurt 3 times in 3 months and the first aid applied was washing the open wound using hand soap and water. Teachers kept tellingus that the school did not have a first aid kit, but when we finally got a chance to ask the owner, who replied that recently first aid kits were bought for the school. The other main concern we had was the poor communication skills of the teachers.

Posted January 25, 2007

My daughter is ap 1st grader here, and we were a bit guarded in continuing w/ a montessori curriculum for elementary school. She has grown leaps and bounds this year and is well rounded in reading, math, science, social studies, etc. They do have PE once a week, and other activities after school that are extra. They do try to keep the campus clean and up to date. I have found the teachers approachable, however the director seems 'invisible' to me. My child loves her school and that says a lot! The curriculum meets her learning style and temperament.

Posted January 21, 2006

The school overall is good for preschool and kindergarden . They don't have too much activities realted to sport and art but you can enroll kids to some classes that happen in the campus

Posted November 21, 2005

Excellent student teacher ratio, Multicultural, excellent after-school programs

Posted September 18, 2005

Average teaching facilities no availability of extracurricular activities low level of parent involvememt

Posted August 2, 2005

My first impression of this school was not a very good one. The classroom looked very messy and unorganized and the furniture was very old. But the thing that really struck me was the fact that there was not alot of variety of Montessori materials. Alot of the same work repeated over and over on the shelves. I also had a very bad experience with the director when I spoke to her about a concern I had. She was very defensive with me and I found that a bit disturbing. I think for the amount of money they charge they could improve the classrooms a little and at the very least show that they care when a parent voices a concern.

Posted May 4, 2005

This school has a very very long waiting list, but now that we have finally gotten into the school its been very easy to work with the administration there...

Posted April 27, 2005

My child is in Montessori Children's house in Fremont, CA. You can feel the love and warm atmosphere around this school. My daughter, now 3-yr-old, likes the school very much. She expresses great confidence in learning. And she is highly motivated in trying and learning everything that she is interested in. The teachers and Director are nice and very thoughtful to the kids. They know what the children are doing and provide a choice of freedom for them. Overall, this is a great school for early education of children.

Posted February 1, 2005

This school gives great flexibility for my kid to learn on her own. They let her discover her own interest, and encourage her in a nice way.

Posted September 9, 2004

I have two children here, one in Preschool and another in 2nd grade. We had a horrible and traumatic experience with a teacher 2 years ago, the effects of which we can still see in our child. The management was slow, lukewarm and unresponsive despite several complaints against that teacher. Fortunately we have had a great teacher since then who worked hard with our child. I am very fimilar with the good teachers and there are also some very unexperienced and impersonal teachers. We do not plan to keep our children there too long. The furniture and materials are old and worn out, no extra curricular activites unless parents shell out hunderds of additional dollars and poor management involvement and support. Without those wonderful and gifted teachers, involved parents I would never consider this school. For a new parent considering this school, I would recommend this school as a last resort.

Posted August 10, 2004

This is the best school! The teachers really care about every child. The administration is caring and professional. They teach decorum and expect and receive good manners from and to all of the student body as well as the staff. This is one of the only Montessori schools that I have found that go from pre-school through high school. They offer all types of on site activites, such as Ballet, Spanish lessons, Chess club, Gardening.

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
Math specialist(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Math specialist(s)

• Spanish

Health & athletics

• Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
School leaders, update and verify information here.

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school
  • After school
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Nonsectarian
Associations
  • AMI

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Montessori

School culture

• Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)

Apply now