Posted October 04, 2014
I am a parent at Weibel. I have had a daughter attend k-6 and now I have a son who is in the fourth grade. The teachers at Weibel are great. They go above and beyond to support all of their students and are available to the parents if needed. They are creative and spend countless hours preparing for our children. My only disappointment is with the continual changes in the front office and the the office staff. The new principal, Mrs. Strommen is creating new rules and not getting parent input. She isn't accessible to the parents and my child has come home several times complaining that she is mean and scary. You hardly see her with the children and you cannot meet her unless you have an appointment. The front office staff is also not friendly. They play favorites and they are quite grouchy. An office is somewhere you go to ask questions and get answers but not this one! If you step foot in there you are probably going to be greeted with unpleasant attitude from the main head secretary. So, I give the school 4 stars for the teachers and less one for the administration and office staff

Posted June 02, 2014
I am Weibel parent and while I love most of school including teachers, parental involvement and academic program and especially new Principal. I really dislike Dora and her behavior. Almost 50+ parents have complained about her. She does not know how to behave and talk with parents. I really hope that they either put some sense in her or move her to somewhere where there are no human beings to deal with.

Posted May 29, 2014
Weibel is a safe and fun place for children to learn and make friends. Teachers, especially who have been there for long, are caring and passionate. They encourage and provide students with additional and advanced materials that are used by private schools. Mr. Richwood, Mr. Stange, Mrs. Powell, Mr. Ontiveros are exemplary and so loved by students. The teaching is not only focused on academic but also on character building. Parents' involvement and support are high, especially at the lower grades.

Posted September 26, 2013
The quality of academic programs are good and parent involements are really strong and teachers are excellent.

Fred E. Weibel Elementary School 2

Posted January 31, 2013
We are new to Weibel & I have to say that I'm LESS than impressed with this school.The office staff is not very friendly or helpful. Being a new parent I dropped in to meet the principal and was told I'd need to make an appointment. I find it ridiculous that you need to make an appointment just to meet your principal, this is completely the OPPOSITE of our previous school where she had an open door policy. There are school rules/policies that I don't agree with, ones that limit parent involvement. One policy forbids you to walk your child to class or talk to your teacher in the mornings. Also if you volunteer you cannot bring a younger sibling (even if they are not disruptive) OR bring a younger sibling to class for any class parties. This makes it hard for me to be involved. I dont see the positives of such policies,other than to limit parent involvement. There is not a sense of community. This was a big adjustment from our previous school where you felt a strong connection to your school and was encouraged to be apart of the school community. There should be more to a school then high test scores, if I had know about these ridiculous policies I would have chosen another school.

Fred E. Weibel Elementary School 3

Posted June 05, 2012
As you can see from the comments parents say there are some good teachers/some bad ones as in any other school. There is nothing outstanding about this school. It's the parents who push their kids & are SUPER involved that make it work. The main secretary there is very aggressive, plays favorite w/ parents, & VERY rude. You will notice it as soon as you walk in the office. Hopefully with the new principal coming in, things will change there. She creates a very stressful office atmosphere for parents/children/staff. Do your research b4 you choose Weibel. Kids are taking open book tests even in 5th grade, so be careful about the 'academics' as you don't know how they achieve the high marks. Look for an overall positive atmosphere.

Posted July 18, 2011
My son had Mr. Richwood as his 6th grade teacher. He is an passionate and humorious teacher, and he knows how to motivate the students to reach their best! All the kids love him! I am so glad that my son finished his elementary school years with Weibel, because this school has a lot of great teachers there!

Posted January 14, 2011
Mr. Ontiveros is a wonderful teacher. Both my daughters are/were his students in 1st grade. He puts a lot of emphasis on discipline and balances well with academics. Overall, I am very impressed with the kind of education, discipline and the extra curricular activities of the school. A very well balanced system. Kudos to the Principal.

Posted December 08, 2010
My daughter started her K here with Mrs.Black's class. Mrs.Black is an excellent teacher, very easy to parents and very friendly to kids. Now mine's attend first grade in Mrs.Stafford's. Mrs.Stafford is one dynamic teacher which every parent would like to have for their kid. She does a lot of activities in class, emphasis in academics again very friendly to parents and mainly to kids and easy to deal with. Weibel PTO does far beyond expectations. Kids enjoy their wild cat run, PTO movie night, book fair etc. I mustn't forget to mention about the hard work they put on restoring library hours, computers, science and music. Weibel's after school chess program is one of the best in the state I would say (thanks Dr.K). On top of it we have wonderful parent networking that got formed from Kindergarten. My daughter has a great bonding of friendship and she and we are enjoying her school years at weibel despite of all the budget cuts happening. We are proud of you WEIBEL.

Posted August 31, 2009

Fred E. Weibel Elementary School
45135 South Grimmer Boulevard, Fremont, CA  94539
Last modified Fred E. Weibel Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fred E. Weibel Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top