New Horizons School

Private | K-8

Living in Fremont

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $382,200. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,670.

Sweep tile

Posted February 3, 2014

My son Debu move here from Murryhill Private School. We no like Murryhill and he love it. He have so much fun. This school have good program. I think it good choice for all kids. After this he go to James C Hermphadite High School in Colorado, CA. We love New Horizons. He see many New Horizons there. Its good start and he very smart. GO EAGLE!

Posted August 21, 2013

My children learned a lot at this school. I was amazed by their development socially and academically at this school.

Posted February 27, 2013

My daughter loves this school. She started this school from Pre-K, and she is in 1st grade now. The teachers and staff are friendly. They tried to developed the student's self discipline, to do the homework and reading at home without parents' reminder. Moreover, the school size is small, the student are kind of knowing each other.

Posted November 8, 2012

I am very satisfied with the quality of learning and the care provided by the teachers and staff at NHS. My children are enrolled here over multiple years. The teachers are professional, well-educated, kind and thoughtful, and many have been at NHS for a long time. The curriculum is diverse and well-rounde. The before-care and after-care is staffed by kind and experienced staff. The children are happy and excited to learn every day - and that is exactly what counts when it comes to defining a great school.

Posted September 8, 2011

My son has been at this school since K, and he is now in 6th grade. I am pleased with the academic achievement he has made at New Horizons. He has ADD and they have made him feel important along with boosting his self esteem.

Posted November 5, 2010

My daughter went to this school for 2.5 years and wish she was still there. We moved and since then I have had her in a Charter school and now in a Montesorri school but neither compare to this school. They teach the kids manners and ALL subjects are taught not just English and Math like most schools now. Her teachers were great and my 2nd grader asks to go back all the time.

Posted April 24, 2010

They pay attention to every student

Posted February 27, 2009

This school is great. The classes are small and the teachers are awesome. My daughter is in kindergarden and her teacher (Ms. Simons) is excellent. She has a lot of energy, love and knowledge. My daughter simply adores her. The entire staff is great too. Because of the small school size 'everyone knows everyone', which is great. I also like that the school is just one building and kids don't have to go outside to use a restroom (like in some other schools). Talking about the restrooms, that is probably the only thing I would hope could be improved. I don't know how this school compares to others but I do witness a huge improvement my daughter has made in reading, writing, math and English in just 6 months of school. The school's curriculum has computer classes, Spanish, music classes (extra fee) and talent show.

Posted October 2, 2008

The best school ever! My child is so happy in this school. His teachers and the Director of School are awesome. My child looks forward to attending school everyday. Much better than a public school and the price is worth it. So much activities in all areas like sports, arts, languages, music etc.

Posted September 2, 2008

This school has been great for my son, who is now entering 2nd grade. He came from a Kindergarten that he greatly suffered in academically and emotionally, and NHS has made significant progress with him. They have made upgrades to the school recently so it will have better play areas and better asthetics. While I do give it 5 stars it is because my experience has been great. However, I am concerned about the physical education program when he gets older. I have him on outside sports teams, so I am not so concerned about it, but I see most of the older kids are not in the best of physical shape, but maybe that is just today's video game world. My son has been enrolled in the piano lessons, which are good casual intro lessons. But, there are no receitals or programs to show off learning goals or accomplishments.

Posted May 21, 2008

I believe this is the best school my daughter has ever been to. This school has the most understanding staff. They are knowledgeable in every roll whether academic, sports, arts, literature,etc. Being a single parent, this school always supported me in every way possible. I would love to suggest New Horizons to every parent. It's where u want your child to be.

Posted June 12, 2007

I orginally had my grandson in a public school where he was very unhappy. Since starting here at NH he has been a happier little boy. Instead of waking up crying in the middle of the night not to go to school he is eager to go. He loves his teacher and the other kids at the school. All the teachers and aids are so good to the kids. I'm just so thankful that I found this school for him. It is also really good that I can have somewhere for him to go before and after school where I don't have to worry about him. I would reccommend this school to anyone.

Posted December 7, 2006

We love this school! Our son is in his second year of attendance and looks forward to returning every day. The curriculum is accelerated without the pressure found in many private schools. It's well rounded to include many subjects cut from public elementary education: children enjoy music, art, PE, computer literacy, and foreign language starting in kindergarten. The school provides a supportive environment that emphasizes emotional balance and the development of the whole child. Comparatively small classes allow for group instruction and individualized attention designed to ensure all progress and stay challenged. Skills that help children learn to manage time, take responsibility for their work, and solve problems independently are emphasized - all while having a great deal of fun. The extended care hours allow peace of mind as children enjoy activities with friends in a safe environment. The teachers are wonderful; they create an active community of warmth and acceptance.

Posted November 1, 2006

A few good teachers.

Posted October 2, 2006

I have been attending this school since I was three and now I am fourteen and a freshman at Moreau Catholic High School. I love e this school. I was raised among all of the people here, they are considered my family. I love them all and I hope that they will do well. This school helped make it easier for me to get into a few honors classes at Moreau and I am really thankful. Thanks to Ms. Alex for getting me into Spanish 2 Honors! Again I love this school, it has a warm, caring, and loving environment for all who are attending the school. And congratulations to Mr.Dawson on becoming principal. Although I think that the school could use some sports teams.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted September 25, 2006

My son has been attending classes at this school since First Grade. He is now in Fourth Grade and both mine and his experience with this school has been great. I have volunteered several times at his class and found the atmosphere very encouraging and non-competitive. My son always says that he has a great time at school. He also completes all his homework at Study Hall and has lots of free time on his hands at home. Regarding PE, the school makes creative use of its limited space and they even organize basket ball tournaments (half-court) in which all students participate with enthusiasm. I am very happy that my son is studying in such a school.

Posted June 23, 2006

As far as academics, this school is great. The teachers are friendly and hold the kids up to high standards. The physical activities are very limited. There is no room for running, no grass areas, and the classrooms are very small. It would be nice for the principal to more present in school activities. No parent participation! My son is in kindergarden and I was looking forward to the PTA meeting. So much for that.

Posted April 27, 2006

This school is excellent and has a great atmosphere and strong educational program. The teachers are warm and children are free to learn and grow in a safe and secure setting. Sports programs are a little limited but a few are available

Posted March 4, 2006

This a wonderful school. The academic level is very high, but somehow the children are not aware of that. They simply love to learn. My son is 1st grade and the curriculum is comparable to 2nd grade in a public school... yet each time I ask him what he did he always answers... we played different games all day. The staff is caring and since it is a small school (260 aprox), your child does not get lost in the masses. The method of teaching allows for a lot of one to one with each teacher. It has been wonderful! It is very diverse. There is P.E. and music, but they are not the best. Another negative would have to be the building. It is old and kind of dark. Nothing too bad. I would strongly recommend you going to check it out. Overall, it is great and not expensive.

Ethnicity This school
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Nonsectarian

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Montessori

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2550 Peralta Boulevard