No rating

Stratford School

Private | K-8 | 411 students

Student diversity

Special education

The school has not provided this information yet.

Living in Fremont

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $353,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,740.

Posted March 26, 2012

My son started Preschool since he was 3 yrs. old and we are very impressed on their curriculum. He is now in Pre K and going to kindergated in fall. So far we are very happy with stratford. It's worth your money and the teachers are great they really take care of the children. I am very impressed with what my son had learned since Preschool. They are very advanced and they have outstanding with academics. I will definitely recommend this school if they can afford it.

Posted May 9, 2011

My daughter was in the first kindergarten class in the Fremont campus. She is constantly challenged and has had nothing but incredible teachers. She stopped attending in 5th grade because my family had to move to be closer to work. However, when I placed her in another school, she just instantly became a straight A student. She has never gotten less than a 99% on any test/homework assignment. Even her friends are amazed at how much she knows. I definitely would recommend this school.

Posted March 1, 2011

I put my child in this school and pulled out after a couple of months. The quality you receive really depends on who the teacher is. My child's pre-school teacher had no training and hence was totally overwhelmed and unable to control the kids in her class. The result of this was constant complaints about children to the parents and a show of negativity. The school was cited multiple times by the district for violations (on one occasion a child was left alone in the restroom - the teacher was not even aware that a student of her class was missing). The principal does not show the maturity demanded of a school principal. This school definitely can benefit from a new principal. My child is in the public school system and I am so relieved. The difference is huge. Please note that this comment is based on my experience and the experiences of three other parents and is strictly about the pre-school program. To be fair I am not aware of the quality of education in higher grades. However I would not recommend the

Posted February 11, 2010

Our 3 kids ( 3rd, 1st and Kindergarden) have been attending this school since they were at pre-school ages and never regretted. The features of Stratford schools are not only on achieving academic but also encouraging all parents heavily involved with students school lives and future goals. We are very pleased with the educational goals have set and the innovative teaching methods. We highly value Stratford's excellent curriculum, easy access to teachers and principals, the opportunities for parental involvement with their instill the love from their hearts.

Posted February 10, 2010

We moved our child to Stratford because of the science, music, physical education, computers, Spanish class and rich after school activities. The culture at the school encourages students to support one another. There is a strong emphasis on writing and many opportunities in public speaking and musical performance. In one year the difference in my child's performance and confidence is very noticeable.

Posted February 9, 2010

We are been assosiated with Stratford for last 3 years and believe me its like a extended family.I still remember the day when me and my husband went for the Open House.Thatz It!the hunt is over!!those were exactly our words .The school is so comfortable not just for us but for the kids too , I as the one who was in tears and sitting in the parking lot for ours .. but when the kids came smiling and talking non stop it was really a great feeling I have 2 boys now who are school goers , I do'nt have to be wooried about their food allergies becauze the campus is nut free ,teachers are so particular about the lunch kids get to the schools.Adorable teachers,helpful staff,Security , PE teacher,Lunch teachers,not to miss the principals and vice principal.Academically it is so challenging,fun,and brighter.i am so happy with the school.

Posted February 9, 2010

My son has been attending this school since preschool, and he is now in Pre-K. This is a wonderful school, and we are very happy that we chose Stratford. The teachers are amazing, very friendly and enthusiastic. There is a very lively vibe in the classrooms, and all the kids look very happy. It is a very nurturing atmosphere and my child is thriving there. A lot of credit goes to the teachers, and also to the preschool Principal. She is just great. She has an open door policy and is always ready to talk and chat. If you are looking for a school where your child will learn while having fun, where the teachers are great and principal is committed to your child s wellbeing, do check this school out. I would give this school 10 stars if I could, but on this website, I have to restrict it to 5 stars!

Posted February 9, 2010

My child has been attending Stratford Fremont since 2004 and our experience has been extremely positive. The curriculum is excellent - challenging, but the kids seem to enjoy it very much. The teachers, administrative staff and principals are very friendly and approachable. Stratford takes the time to get to know each student and family. Even teachers who don't have my child in their class knows him by his first name. There are also many opportunities for parents to get involved in the classroom or its parent organization. My favorite part of Stratford is seeing how happy the children are and how excited they are to be challenged and their eagerness to keep learning. I attribute all of this to the wonderful teachers at Stratford.

Posted February 6, 2010

My daughter has been in stratford for preschool and pre-k and we absolutely love it there. She enjoys going to school and loves her teachers. She was there in summer school, pre school and prek and ALL her teachers have been exceptional. There is a right balance of fun and education. She already learns things that I might have to look up and find out.. and at the same time it is not stressful. Her teachers are very caring. They even make sure she eats her lunch.. which was a big thing for me. The principal knows all children and most parents by name. She is involved in all and very helpful in activities even activities organized by parent committee. Stratford feels like one big family where the teachers , parents and administrative staff and students all come together and make this school to be a nice environment to be in.

Posted February 5, 2010

My kids are in Stratford,Fremont. We LOVE the school. This is our fifith year at Stratford. Excellent statff, caring teachers and challenging, well rounded curriculam with art, music and spanish. We feel our kids are nurtured, loved and taught in a disciplined atmosphere. Absolutely no pressure on parents, but the kids are learning great stuff. I would highly recommend this school to anybody who wants a pleasant elementary school experience and individual attention to the kids. Expensive, but no regrets at all...

Posted December 23, 2009

My Son has been attending this school since Pre-K. Till date, I have seen him grow with sense of pride,confidence and gyst to learn. He is happy to go to school and loves school. Teachers he has been having since kindergarten all are very professional , focus on the strengths and areas of improvement of kids , very honest with parents, open to receive feedback as well. This i see as a place that makes I as a parent feel confident about my childs abilities to live in this society as he belives in himself and does not heistate to work hard to prove it. Thanks to teachers for making this a warm caring env. Improvement: More labs assignments would help them get hands on work towards understanding the practicals.

Posted December 1, 2009

My son has been attending this school since he was 4. He is now 8 years old and in 3rd grade. Before enrolling we attended an open house and was very impressed with the teachers and principals we met. We enrolled the following week and have not been disappointed. My son was frightened to start a new school, but his teachers were so nurturing, he felt right at home. He continues to excel in all areas and has recently grown to love writing stories and using new vocabulary words in conversation. We highly value Stratford's excellent curriculum, easy access to teachers and principals, the opportunities for parental involvement and most of all, their ability to instill the love of learning.

Posted August 26, 2009

After 3 years at Stratford, we pulled our son out and moved him to one of the many good public schools in Fremont. To our surprise, we found that the public school was as challenging as Stratford, and the quality of the teachers at public schools far better. I would advise parents interested in Stratford to *) Ask for teacher credentials *) Compare extra-curricular activities *) Compare test scores *) Talk with parents of kids who went to Stratford in the past. All in all, Stratford was good for our son, but in retrospect a good public school would have been better, more challenging, not to mention cheaper :)

Posted May 28, 2008

My daughter has attended this school from the 1st to 4th grade. I find the academics are very strong and the teaching method is excellent. The materials supporting the strong curriculum are very good. The teachers are very caring and kind, and it has been the most nurturing environment for my daughter. Especially the after school program. It has been great to have an easy elementary school experience. Although expensive, worth it.

Posted August 31, 2007

This is a very wonderful school with a very positive and loving environment. My kids LOVE going to school and learning. They excel in academics and art activities are fun. I would HIGHLY recommend this school. We feel welcomed and enjoy the staff and teachers. This program is GREAT and excels above most other schools while still keeping that warmth and lovingness which the kids and parents love. The teachers are amazing and the training program and curriculum is wonderful.

Posted August 8, 2007

My daughter has been in this school for one year in 1st grade. She loves and enjoys going to school everyday and that is so reassuring. The principle is very good and knows all kids by name. My daughter had the most wonderful teacher this year. Would like to see a more diversified after school activities then available today. Also would like there math curriculum to be a little harder then it is today. I would recommend this school for both pre school and elementary

Posted June 29, 2007

My daughter completed an entire school year at Stratford. It was a very fulfilling year for her, the teachers, the principal and office staff were great, they had a caring and helpful attitude. We were very happy with the school, the only reason we did not enroll her for the next year is we found the fees a bit steep especially for the 5 day full day option. Overall, extremely happy with the school and thankful for the opportunity to spend a year at this school.

Posted May 4, 2007

Overall very good, well run, kids very involved with academic and teacher & principal great activities and other areas of education. Very satified as a parent.

Posted February 13, 2007

I think Stratford is a good school but being a fairly new school they do have some teething problems.If you are lucky enough to get a good teacher then its smooth sailing but if you dont get a good teacher than its all downhill......Very nice principal and office staff.

Posted September 25, 2006

My kids went to this school for a year and then I withdrew and enrolled them in Challenger, since it was quite close to our house, but within a month I am planning to withdraw my kids from Challenger and move them back to Stratford, as I absolutely dislike Challenger. Stratford is a great school, with very friendly teachers, the curriculum is almost same as Challenger, but the techniques of teaching in Stratford is really good. The kids are very relaxed and happy as opposed to in Challenger, where the kids and the parents are both stressed out. The teachers are very pro-active in teaching and taking care of student's issues at individual level, open communication and very friendly teachers, principal and staff,

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school
  • After school
  • Mrs. Jasbir Rattan
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
  • Visit Website to Schedule a Tour
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 3 years old