No rating

Learn and Play Montessori School

Private | PK-2 | 8 students

Student diversity

Living in Fremont

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $382,200. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,670.

Posted August 27, 2014

Our son started at Learn and play Montessori School as a 3 year old and has loved it since his first day at this school. The school offers a strong academic curriculum, the facility is beautiful and a family oriented community that is hard to find elsewhere. The Director Miss Yvonne is warm and engaged, she knows all the children and families. We have loved the Montessori curriculum and the beautiful learning materials in the classrooms. Weekly instruction in art, music and movement make it a truly well-rounded experience. We are continued to be amazed by what he has learned at this early age. We are planning on keeping him at the school for Kindergarten. I have also loved the frequent family events. It has been a great way to get to know other parents and their loved ones. I highly recommend Learn and play montessori school.

Posted August 16, 2014

My 3.5 years old son is going to this school for last 1.5 years. We both love this school for their balance of teaching new things along with revising them and discipline with love. My son knows more than me about the planets and revise them every night bed time :-) Miss Nalina, Miss Kshama, Miss Rania are all wonderful teachers!

Posted January 7, 2014

My wife & I are thoroughly pleased with the teaching and the standard our this preschool. It is refreshing to have a place that really cares about your children. We were first nervous with the new management but all our fears have been put to rest. We also love how they accommodate our requests as parents. This is a first class operation!

Posted August 1, 2013

My daughter has been at this preschool for two years, and we couldn't be happier. The teachers are well-educated and caring, and my child performs at an academic level which is well beyond the "standard" found at other preschools. She loves going to school, which was something that was missing before we came here. I also appreciate the emphasis the school places on independence and personal responsibility. The campus is big and beautiful with lots of trees. There is ample amount of parking, so I can just drop off and leave. I believe I have said enough. :)

Posted May 21, 2013

My eldest is in class 5 and Mr. Ian & Ms. Rhea are exceptional and show a great understanding of the Montessori methods and philosophies. My younger daughter is in Class 2. Ms. Erica is an exceptional head teacher and Ms. Karen and Ms. Diljeet are patient and understanding. The school is always clean and orderly. Ms. Sara, at reception, is wonderful with a really cheerful disposition. Ms. Aurelia is the curriculum director and makes it her priority to meet with parents and listen to any feedback or concerns they may have. Ms. Kiran, the school director, is excellent and always present on site, she is very approachable and with small children of her own she completely understands every parents needs and wants for their own child. It can often be a tough decision to make on what school to place your child in. We are very fortunate that L&PM Niles has worked out so well for us. Our girls are happy, they learn a lot and most importantly they have fun and come home with huge grins ready to tell me all about their day. I would most certainly recommend L&PM in Niles to any prospective families looking for a safe and nurturing environment for their children.

Posted February 5, 2013

The review I am posting is for the Niles Branch of Learn and Play Montessori. The school has good location and good teachers, but bad management. Teachers are treated badly, as a result there is a high turnover. I would like the teachers to spend time teaching in the class and not have to do pots and pans, laundry, etc. They are always understaffed. I would not recommend them at all.

Posted January 2, 2013

All in all L&P Montessori has exceeded our expectations with our 2 year old son. He has been attending since he was 18 mos. Almost immediately we noticed a difference in his language and motor skills. He has developed skills that we have often thought possible more capable of a 3 year old. They work diligently with the kids, spending much time focusing on developing as many skills as possible. The only down side is that I wish they would try to uphold the Montessori method more (which is why they received 4 instead of 5 stars...allow the kids to explore and develop rather than push). All in all they are a great school that I would highly recommend for any parent attempting to give their infant or toddler a leg up. I am not sure why this parent below thinks these good reviews are fake...there isn't a huge teacher turn over at the Maple location...maybe at the other locations. There are issues at any school, you cant expect perfection. Especially with small ids. You also have to communicate issues with the directors to expect results. I know anytime I have a problem I speak with them and the problem gets resolved almost immediately. Just a suggestion.

Posted December 11, 2012

My three year old son goes to Learn and Play Montessori Preschool and he loves it. He loves his teachers and so do we. We get daily updates and progress reports. We know that our son is very happy when we pick him up every day and he talks about his school and his teachers. The facility is clean, well lit and airy. The teachers are always pleasant and engaged. Ample parking makes it easy to drop and pick up. From bottom of our hearts I want to thank all the staff for the wonderful work they do, I know it ain't easy. So, thank you again.

Posted November 2, 2012

My 2 1/2 year old daughter started Learn and Play Montessori in Niles in October. Since day 1 she has loved coming to this school. Her primary teacher and the rest of the staff are so nice and friendly. The campus is well organized and very clean! I feel very confident and at ease leaving my daughter there knowing she is in good hands! i would HIGHLY recommend this preschool to everyone! I'm so happy I found this school and plan on leaving her here as long as I can =)

Posted September 25, 2012

These reviews are so fake. Teachers turnover is a big concern.They treat their staff like garbage. The classrooms are all a mess and kids have no discipline. The director I met in one of their locations (very small one), forgot her name, was awful and rude when she's not talking to the parents.

Posted July 19, 2012

This summer my four and a half year old son has been learning about reptiles and anatomy of different animals along with the yearlong montessori program. The teachers have incorporated language and math lessons into various activities which have helped my son develop a taste for learning. I have found the staff to be caring, energetic and extremely knowledgeable. The director is compassionate and always willing to answer any questions. As a parent I am greeted warmly each time and I feel very comfortable leaving my son in the hands of this phenomenal staff. I encourage you to visit this preschool. Like us you will be amazed.

Posted July 19, 2012

Excedllent school, my daughter just completed 2yrs and 3 months in this school. We are very sad to leave this school. My daughter cried on her last day that clearly shows how much she loved this school. Excellent staff and wonderful management., they will let you know immediately whatever happens in the class. Parents can leave their kids here without any worries. Academic wise, my daughter learned a lot and she is doing very well.

Posted June 20, 2012

Our son has been attending Learn and Play Montessori Preschool in Niles, Fremont since April of this year. The staff at this preschool is effective with the children. Children seem to obey and respect their teachers more so then other preshools we had visited prior to enrolling our son here. The individual attention is excellent and the best part my son likes is the food. He never used to eat lunch at the previous day care/preschool but here he comes home with full stomach, which can be a blessing for a tired parent. We are very happy with this preschool and we highly recommend it.

Posted April 25, 2012

Very pleased. My daughter has been going to this facility since July 2011 and I am pleased. While the teacher turnover in one room was high; I've been very satisfied with the new teachers that my daughter has had. In comparison to other preschool facilities in the area, it beats them hands down. It is clean, my child receives attention, and she's learning.

Posted April 20, 2012

Hi my 3.8 years old is going to learn and play montessori school (Maple Street). School is very good, teachers and staff are very very good and co-operative. My son is doing really well, he is learning new things everyday and I highly recommend this school.

Posted March 17, 2012

This school offers montessori educational programs, which we have always admired. This school is not too expensive and the staff is very professional. The facility is clean and has a big playground. Schools offer plenty of parking, which is a big plus for a busy bee like me who needs to drop off and run to work. I m always late. Lol. Only con is that they do not offer pickup service.

Posted February 28, 2012

This school (Niles) culture is too bad. I sent my daughter here since the facility is new. But after staying one and half months, we decided to quit. One day when I was there, the kids are doing artwork, the teacher are nice to teach my daughter to do the project. But when other kids walked around and tried to play the toys, she said: "This is not yours, do not touch". I know the classroom needs to be maintained clean and organized, but should not ask kids not play toys. I just think when I was not there, how they treat my daughter. Another day, when I picked up my daughter earlier than usual, I found they straddled my daughter in the chair while other kids play around. And after I told them we will quit, they called me and told me my daughter was sick, I drove home to bring her to the hospital, but the doctor said she is fine!!! My daughter was very active and like to play with other kids. Now when I bring her to the playground, she just stay by herself and when other kids come, she ran away, kinda scary playing with them. So if you want you kid be taught in a nice environment, stay away from this school.

Posted October 3, 2011

I have both my children enrolled at Learn and Play Montessori at the Niles Campus. By far the nicest preschool we have ever seen. I find the montessori program this school offers to be unique then other regular preschools. Both my kids love going to school. My oldest child is gifted and I feel that this school has polished her in so many ways, which I m very thankful for.

Posted February 9, 2010

When to the open house and it can't express how happy I and my wife were to see a beautiful preschool. It was like walking into a 5 star hotel. So, far this has been the best preschool we have come across in the Fremont area.

Posted January 4, 2010

This preschool is one of those schools that I very well setup and is run professionaly, unlike some of the other schools I visited. Comparing this school with others, this is A+. I son started here 8 months ago and loves it. I'm glad we choose to send our kid here.

4511 Peralta Blvd