1,985 students|Fremont Unified

Bad
Good

Our son is a Freshman here. Our friends/neighbors kids who graduated out this year from American High enjoyed studying here without the crazy cut throat competition at Mission San Jose. This years placements were Harvard, MIT, Caltech, UPenn, Stanford, Urbana Champaign just among the kids we know. Apparently more kids made it to UC Berkeley from American High this year than Mission is what we are hearing! The school/neighborhood is way underrated compared to Mission SanJose. Our street Shattuck Ave has 3 UPenn MBA, 1 Harvard grad and the neighborhood is flooded with highly educated parents who emphasize education and yet the environment at American is very balanced .

So far, I am really enjoying my time at this school. Some teachers are challenging, but in the end, you will really learn a great deal from them. Others however, are just completely unreasonable and don't teach at all, but still expect their students to score good grades on their tests. Honors classes here are really rigorous, but CP classes are incredibly easy, but you will learn nothing from them. How well you do really just depends on which teacher you get. The students are generally nice & willing to help each other out. There ASB is really good & has a lot of activities - our school truly feels like a family. The sports programs are slightly above average, depending on the team. A good school to be at, no peer pressure to dress a certain way or anything. Only thing that is truly awful about American is that admin is HORRIFIC!!!!

American High School is an excellent school with great academic performance as well as a variety of sports and arts programs. The teachers and staff are wonderful and the students are very bright. Go Eagles!

Call me crazy if I have fallen in love with everything about this school. I came to this school thinking..."hmm, this looks like some scary, congested bee's nest." Later did I find out that it wasn't the constant rush that determined how the school was, it was simply THE PEOPLE. A diverse conglomeration of students, this school preaches unity. It has the school spirit that makes one zest their eyes for competition, and the education that splurges the contexts of our state's standards and our school's mission statement: ACADEMICS, BEHAVIOR, and COMMUNITY, in the best way possible--aid in moderation. Like any school, we have our share of fights, but I have never witnessed one, neither have I heard of more then 5 fights in my three years here. We are at a dearth of funding, making our morning home somewhat hard to malinger in, but we enjoy it all, always finding a way around it. We are always progressing, and our clubs and arts implore great talent in the diverse layouts that blend in the layers of our acceptance of all colors. This is one reason for creativity and balance throughout the ABCs. For example, managing AP/H/College-Prep classes with extracurriculars, & other practices.

I love attending this school myself. Great teachers, good test scores, and even better avtivites for students such as football, soccer, tennis, basketball, swimming, and marching band!

American High is a GREAT school. Not the best in the district but, still it's one school that stands out. It has a diverse amount of students all from different cultures. American is a great place to enroll your student! GO EAGLES KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! The teachers are very helpful so is the principle!

I think American High is an okay school in Fremont Unified School district! The teachers are helpful! Every day American is helping students succeed!! Go AMERICAN EAGLES!!!

American High School is one of the most diverse schools I've ever seen. The administration is doing its part and so are the teachers. Most of the students are very funny and make being at American a great atmosphere. The School spirit is great for the most part, however, the school is at a great loss because of the district's failure to help out. This school could be great if it was a little more funded. All high schools in Fremont have two gyms and two cafeterias, American has one gym and two cafeterias. In other ways American is in no competition to other schools because of the underfunding. Students all around Fremont look to American as one of the worst schools because it's the only school that does not have off-campus lunch. The district should really help out.

Spirit wise, we are the best. Great diversity and schoool(=

American is a great student environment. It has a great feel and school spirit is all around you. I'm a junior at American and can only describe my experience as memorable. I love my school, and would never change it. The fact that it's indoors is amazing. It also sets it apart from all the other schools. While the other schools are freezing or burning, American stays at a constant temperature. The sports teams are great and really spririted. But what really separates American from the other schools in FUSD is its theater and performing arts. The plays are always AMAZING. And the musicals are nothing short of extraordinary.

Last modified American High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.