396 students|Fremont Unified

Bad
Good

Cabrillo Elementary School 2

Posted November 06, 2013
I used to go here and those were the worst years of my life... A few of the teachers think I'm a bad student, but the teachers at Centerville and Washington seem to like me. My grades when I went here were AWFUL. But grades have gotten much higher since I left. I got in trouble for things that wasn't all my fault at Cabrillo. Also some of the staff members are just so judgemental. I do not reccomend this school.

Posted August 20, 2013
My daughter has been a student at this school since kindergarten. She is now going on to the 5 th grade. We have been lucky she has had wonderful carring teachers! I've met a lot of great parents who I enjoy volunteering with them at school functions. I love the diversity of the school and all the resources there is offerd (title one school)for the students. The star testing scores have been improving. Cabrillo won the distinguish school award & title 1 academic achivement award In the year 2010. That award was won by the hard work of teachers, students, principal, parents, and staff at the school who work together as community to get are children to get ahead. I'm a proud parent of a Cabrillo student!

Cabrillo Elementary School 1

Posted February 16, 2013
I used to work in this school and am glad I don't anymore!!! The school culture is very cold and negative. The teachers only care about their job and are not ready to lend a hand to someone in need. The principal is very disorganized, incompetent and not at all flexible. She's always making mistakes in her paperwork and forgetting things. I am surprised that the district is letting her stay.

Cabrillo Elementary School 1

Posted September 10, 2011
They discriminate against children with disabilities and deny them accommodations. The principal is absolutely incompetent!

Cabrillo Elementary School 5

Posted September 11, 2009
i child goes to this school and i think this a great school beacuse all of the teachers are very nice and resorceful also the after school program is free! so i do not need to worry about that. So as a parent i think your child should go to this school.

Cabrillo Elementary School

Posted August 26, 2008
We're new to Cabrillo. My eldest child entered Kindergarten in 2007 here. I was very pleased w/my childs learning experience. In the begining, they shared w/us a packet that was an example of all the work our child will do throughout the school year. I was a upset to see how advanced the level of learning that was indicated in the packet. There was a book report in there, readings and writing assignments etc, etc, etc. Although I consider my child to be quite bright for his age, I started getting anxiety about meeting the standards layed before him. The teachers assured us that we were all in this together and if we worked together in helping our children along we will succeed. I followed the guidelines that the teachers adviced and guess what happened.... 'My child now reads everything in sight'! I'm soooo pleased. Mrs. Startzman Your the best!

Cabrillo Elementary School 5

Posted January 10, 2008
It has been a wonderfull expeiernce for my children to attend this school. The office staff is helpfull and the teachers are very hard workers. My child has benifitted greatly from attending Cabrillo. They have numerous after school programs the best of which is soccer.

Posted August 28, 2006
This school offers a lot of cultural diversity. They have a great after school soccer program. I wish they offered more specified tutoring after school because the students really seem to need it. The teachers are very kind and helpful. Mrs. Christenson is a great primary teacher. I think she teaches the second grade. Miss Meneses is an excellent teacher as well - she teaches the upper grades. She worked wonders for my child. If your child can get into either one of their classes you can be assured that your child will be in good hands. Parent involvement seems to be quite low. I went to one of their PTA meetings once and I only saw about 5 adults. I encourage more parents to join.

Cabrillo Elementary School 2

Posted August 27, 2005
Good science program. Very poor parent involvement so far I have been there only one year so far. We need PTA parents to show up to PTA meetings! We need more help given to kids to help them improve their self esteem. More parents to show up and give more. Teachers in kindergarten are sooo busy. Kids are absent a lot.

Posted July 13, 2005
I liked this school. It offered a lot of diversity and culteral awareness. The staff is very kind and helpful.

Cabrillo Elementary School
36700 San Pedro Drive, Fremont, CA  94536-6406
Last modified Cabrillo Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.