244 students|Fremont Unified

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted November 19, 2015
I haven't met a teacher or a staff member that wasn't helpful, friendly and passionate about their job. The students are very friendly and happy here. We love the school and all it stands for. After moving from Canada, my son was reluctant and scared to start his school life anew. From the first day he felt like home at this school and he gets upset when he cannot go to school or attend his classes. If he could, he'd be in school all day long doing all the fun things he's doing there.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted November 19, 2015
Given our son's ability to learn subjects quickly and with ease, I believe we could cover more in the same amount of time other kids do it in school. The current amount of homework seems to bring less stress to his and our lives, but it also bring a lot of 'free' time that he doesn't know how to spend yet.

Posted November 19, 2015
We've never done homeschooling before, and I was reluctant to start, afraid that it would be too much work. In reality, it is quite easy to do, and all you need is given to you by the advisory teacher. To top it all up, they help you along the way with any concerns and questions you might have. Our son not only doing his regular curriculum, but also has time for additional classes, some of them being from higher grade level. (He wouldn't be able to attend those in regular school setting.) I believe he currently takes almost double amount of courses that he would normally take in school, and he enjoys every single one of them! He cannot wait to go to his on-campus classes. Even though he seems to be quite busy with his school work, he still has a lot of time left for either his sports activities or his hobbies. We hope our 3-year-old daughter will be able to attend this school too. I believe this is the best school ever!

Posted June 04, 2013
We have been with COIL for four years now, we cannot beat the flexibility and excellence of this school and it's staff. We look forward to the years ahead at COIL. I would highly recommend this school to anyone with children looking for flexibility and first rate teachers. Children learn at a pace and style of their own. No one is forced into a mold here. Classes are offered for math and English, we have taken advantage of these and have been very pleased. Field trips are also available and are fun and educational. The staff does an outstanding job of assisting families to the routine of charter school life. It is definitely worth checking into.

Posted March 06, 2012
We have been with COIL for 8 years and I ask my kids every year is they need a change and they always choose to stay. The advisor teachers are very accommodating and helpful. The writing teacher who offers courses at COIL is FANTASTIC! My children love to write because of her. COIL also seems to be offering more courses and opportunities for the children every year. The library of curriculum is huge and they have always been willing to add curriculum at the parents request. They are good listeners and response is always thoughtful.

Posted May 17, 2011
My children all attended Coil, I have been happy with it since They started. At Coil the Staff is incredible with helping the children learn in a way that is best for them. There are many of their students that graduate with high honors. I know my girls have a 4.0 from when they first started they only had 5 credits total and all F's. This school and the Staff have helped bring up their self esteem. I am very happy and honored to have my children in this School.

Posted March 13, 2009
My son has been going to C.O.I.L. for seven years and it has been a great experience for him. The teacher have been great and work with a child's individual needs. Recommend to everyone that's thinking of homeschooling

Posted July 24, 2007
After graduating in '04 from COIL, I've gone on to college only to see how wonderful I had it there. COIL is a great school that provides opportunities to students of every background and fits any students needs, and knows how to get people to learn in very innovative ways!

Posted August 14, 2006
I cant say enough about COIL and it's staff. Everyone is great and puts my son's needs as a top priority....which was definatley not the case at Vallejo Mill Elementary. Thanks so much to the wonderful individuals that finally said my son is dyslexic and needs help. The encouragement from the staff boosted his self esteem greatly. He never thought that there was something wrong with him. Thank you so much.... His advisory teacher the past year and a half was an asset to our family, helping us to help Gage is something we will never be able to thank her for properly. We love Coil!

Posted March 26, 2006
COIL is an independent study charter school. Students at the school are taught by their parents with the help of a guidance teacher. COIL guidance teachers have been very helpful for us in finding materials that engage and interest my children. COIL offers some classes which my children enjoy. COIL has a great library.

4700 Calaveras Avenue, Fremont, CA  94538-1124
Last modified Circle of Independent Learning School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.