Fremont, CA

John Gomes Elementary School 4

Posted April 28, 2014
I love the neighborhood, like the fact that my daughter likes going to the school. Very well organized drop off and pick up of kids. Environment feels very secure. I wish parents would ease off on the pressure. Let the kids enjoy childhood.

Posted September 05, 2012
My son is in 4th grade in fall 2012. We have had good experience so far! His class teachers varied in their teaching skills from grade to grade. So far, my son had his best experience in 3rd grader teacher!

Posted April 03, 2012
I am a student here. My teacher, Mrs. Allred, is the best ever!! She keeps us very entertained, while giving us a good 6th Grade education. Thank you Gomes and Mrs. Allred!!!

Posted September 28, 2010
Great parent teacher involvement for the benefit of shcool and the child!! Love this school!!

Posted October 20, 2009
I love our school because we (teachers, staff, parents, students) know how to rally behind a great cause, educating all in the process. We've been successful with green initiatives, perpetuating a strong team spirit, and this year working together to roll out the new Everyday Math program to students.

Posted September 28, 2009

Posted August 03, 2009
This school is not perfect. The teachers don't have to be very good, as long as the parents make sure that kids are well-fed, tutored and have extracurricular activities. Never underestimate the advantages of most children coming from a 2 parent home, often with a grandparent in residence. The majority of parents are college-educated professionals. Yes, it is competitive but there is high parental involvment and children come to school prepared to work hard and excell.

Posted July 29, 2009
It is an awesome school, with very high standards. The school has great teachers and a friendly enviroment fuilled with wonderful students. All thre of my children went to Gomes,and the loved it. They say it was their best part in school. I am a parent, and vonlunteer at Gomes many time, and it was a fantastic experience( that i will remember forever).

John Gomes Elementary School 2

Posted April 29, 2009

Posted March 09, 2009
Parents and students are driving up the API, not the teachers. Some teachers just point at everything negative they can find in your kid. They are suppose to guide and help students succeed. Success at this school comes from parents and kids. Principal leadership, I should say is 1. He is always hiding behind the door. Doesn't want to get involve at all in any community service at Gomes. He is not there for the students interest, but for himself. You will find other good schools in Fremont that will have good teachers and principal. When administrative fails, teachers fail!. This is clear in this school. Good luck if you are planning on attending this school

John Gomes Elementary School
555 Lemos Lane, Fremont, CA  94539
Last modified John Gomes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John Gomes Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top