Fremont, CA

Posted July 22, 2014
Wonderful school, good learning for kids. Great teachers and reasonable parents involvement. My kids enjoying everything there.

E. M. Grimmer Elementary School 1

Posted October 07, 2013
This is regarding the front desk. About 15-20 minutes after school ended, I went to pick up my child but he was already gone from the class room. Not a big deal, me and my child have a system of where to stay after school for pickup. However, he wasn't where he was supposed to be. I proceeded to the front desk and asked if they could make an announcement for him to come to the front but the lady at the front said they could make no announcement over the PA system. How ridiculous is that? A worried parent and you cannot sympathize? Too busy? Whatever the case, my child no longer attends this school.

Posted December 02, 2012
I have a 1st grader who loves Grimmer Spanish Immersion. The K and 1st teachers are amazing, helping my english only daughter to engage and enjoy a very challenging academic environment. She is only 3 months into 1st grade, and can do math, write sentences, and understand her teacher, all in spanish. They work on spelling words like guitarra and reguero. Instead of boring class parties, teachers arrange celebrations that include dance, science, and craft stations keeping the kids learning and having fun. Half of the parents stay and help kids with morning work, and there are almost always parents helping in class. The spanish speaking parents have made a great effort to engage my daughter and help her to connect with the other kids. They have PE 2x a week, science in the brand new lab 2x a week, computer lab and Library 1x a week. Fully certified teachers do 1on1 support a few times a week to help my daughter as she learns in her 2nd language. The principal seems to know each student by name and has a very hands on approach. I wish for more aggressive recruitment of more english only students, otherwise it is a great program achieving results far beyond my expectations.

Posted May 12, 2010
The teachers, principal and parents are very caring about each and every student.

Posted April 12, 2010
I have been the principal at Grimmer for about 7 years now. Everyday I love to see the faces of accomplished students!

Posted May 27, 2008
Of the three spanish immersion elementary schools my child has attended, Grimmer had the best Spanish instruction. Grimmer also had superior enforcement of playground rules, including zero tolerance for bullying.

Posted February 21, 2008
I agree with the teacher quality. They are great!! Grimmer does need more parent involvemnt, for sure. It's also time for a new principal. One who would really connect with students and put them first. She has served her time.

Posted May 25, 2007
This school has done wonders for our boys. We were overflowed from warm springs with much hesistancy, but after the boys being there for 6 mos. they didn't want to return to there home school, and wanted to stay here. The programs, and principal and staff, offer so much more, than your normal high api school. Friendly, helpful, and really concerned for the best interest of the kids. My kids finally got there needs met, it took grimmer and it's caring staff, to help them succeed. The oportunities are endless, wish all school were like this... and this principal is great!

Posted October 04, 2005
- a former student

E. M. Grimmer Elementary School 4

Posted January 18, 2005

E. M. Grimmer Elementary School
43030 Newport Drive, Fremont, CA  94538
Last modified E. M. Grimmer Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
E. M. Grimmer Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top