Bad
Good

Great school with caring teachers. my son goes to 3rd grade , we moved from other school. His confidence in acedemics definitely improved here.

I transfered my kids here. Great School!! Great Teachers who wants to give 110% to kids. thank you!!

good school, great learning place for kids. teachers are also goood and reasonable parents involvement.

I transferred from a similar school recently and was impressed by how me and my kids were welcomed here at Grimmer. My kids are loving the school, the teachers and the way they are learning. Grimmer is making very special to them.

great school, great community, it caters to diverse community. School has been improving in academics every year.

Wonderful school, good learning for kids. Great teachers and reasonable parents involvement. My kids enjoying everything there.

This is regarding the front desk. About 15-20 minutes after school ended, I went to pick up my child but he was already gone from the class room. Not a big deal, me and my child have a system of where to stay after school for pickup. However, he wasn't where he was supposed to be. I proceeded to the front desk and asked if they could make an announcement for him to come to the front but the lady at the front said they could make no announcement over the PA system. How ridiculous is that? A worried parent and you cannot sympathize? Too busy? Whatever the case, my child no longer attends this school.

I have a 1st grader who loves Grimmer Spanish Immersion. The K and 1st teachers are amazing, helping my english only daughter to engage and enjoy a very challenging academic environment. She is only 3 months into 1st grade, and can do math, write sentences, and understand her teacher, all in spanish. They work on spelling words like guitarra and reguero. Instead of boring class parties, teachers arrange celebrations that include dance, science, and craft stations keeping the kids learning and having fun. Half of the parents stay and help kids with morning work, and there are almost always parents helping in class. The spanish speaking parents have made a great effort to engage my daughter and help her to connect with the other kids. They have PE 2x a week, science in the brand new lab 2x a week, computer lab and Library 1x a week. Fully certified teachers do 1on1 support a few times a week to help my daughter as she learns in her 2nd language. The principal seems to know each student by name and has a very hands on approach. I wish for more aggressive recruitment of more english only students, otherwise it is a great program achieving results far beyond my expectations.

The teachers, principal and parents are very caring about each and every student.

I have been the principal at Grimmer for about 7 years now. Everyday I love to see the faces of accomplished students!

Last modified E. M. Grimmer Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.