O. N. Hirsch Elementary School 1

Posted December 04, 2014
2012 and below for this school was fantastic, but after the new principal, it was never the same. We have better food now though, but the thing is, the STUDENTS her SWEAR A LOT. They SWEAAR SOOO MUCH!!! Even the nice people join in and start saying terrible things. People even start doing innapropriate things to each other, say rude things about pop stars, and especially act EXTREMELY CRAZY!!!! Well, this is for the 6th, 5th, and 4th who are the older kids. And older kids are supposed to be the younger kid's role models, right???? Well, the younger kids will probably start copying them thinking it's "ok", but it's seriously NOT!!! Sorry Hirsch Elementary School, but I give you one star. I moved because of all of this.

Posted September 03, 2014
This is the best rated school in Irvington. Although smaller then the surrounding schools but It still has produced a large amount of talent.

O. N. Hirsch Elementary School 4

Posted August 18, 2014
My daughter started at Kindergarten level in 2013 and she has had a good experience so far. The teachers provide a good learning environment and the kids enjoy this. The only downside, as with all public schools in California, is that a lot of school work is pushed down to the home and not enough time is taken to impart it at school. For working parents, this can often be a huge challenge to meet.

Posted April 23, 2014
I have a 10 years old son that attended Hirsch since kindergarden . He loves the school. I volunteers for activities. Hirsch and Hirsch PTA are amazing. They put together many activities throughout the year that bring the community together. The teachers are all great, honest and supportive . I am happy that we have a great public school in our area.

Posted August 10, 2013
My son recently completed his 1st grade. Due to over number of students enrolled for 1st grade last year (2012), Hirsch has additionally added a new class room and hire a new teacher. My son got into the new class room with new teacher. We are worried knowing that the the new teacher was less experienced comparing to the existing teachers in the school. However our worries are gone within 2 months, I can see my son is keenly reading and writing for his journal and doing his math very well. The new teacher Mr.P**a was really good he observes kids and knows what they lack and focuses on improving their skills. When ever we had any question about the subjects, or about our son's progress he has patiently explained how he is currently, where he is concentrating on improving further his reading writing skills. Overall 1st grade turn out to be a nice experience for us and good class for my son.. I wish the teacher continue to help the students to progress further in their skills. Mrs. C***y used to be the principal, she is too kid involving in all the activities for kids and mingling with teachers as well as to the kids. 5 Stars :-)

Posted April 16, 2013
Really Great School! I love the great teachers, staff members, and a caring principal! Keep it up Hirsch!

Posted August 14, 2012
My daughter completed her sixth grade this year. This is her first year at Hirsch . The teachers are very hardworking,loving,and understandable. My daughter had been through a surgery and missed almost a month from school. The teacher send her homework everyday and give her extra help in academics and she eventually earned an overall A honor roll in all subjects. We are very satisfied with the school and recommend this school to anyone.

Posted June 29, 2012
My son studied here for Kindergarten - Rm2, 2011~2012. The teacher was really loving, caring, understanding and amazing. My son got this difficulty in speaking english since he moved a lot from Taiwan and Philippines before coming to US but the teacher did a very great job so that my son will have the knowledge and confidence to speak english. She got a special skill that with her only soft voice, she gained respect and attention from her students. My son missed her teacher a lot but he has to moved to Grade 1. Thanks a lot, ma'am! God bless

Posted June 19, 2012
My Son has joined the Hirsh for KG. Mrs. T* was the teacher. She is amazing. My son has learned a lot and she has put lots of efforts to the kids to learn English and Math. JiJi Math is another plus point where my son come to home and play JiJi Math and learn hard mathematics in an easy way. Overall we are very satisfied with the School and the teacher. The principal is very much involved with students progress.. I highly recommend this school to any one.

O. N. Hirsch Elementary School 4

Posted June 01, 2011
My daughter goes to this school. It is a good school. API scored jumped up significantly in 2010. Principal is very good. Teachers are good as well. There definitely is a room for improvement like anywhere else.

O. N. Hirsch Elementary School
41399 Chapel Way, Fremont, CA  94538
Last modified O. N. Hirsch Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
O. N. Hirsch Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top