OLG is a hidden gem in the Fremont area!!! We moved to OLG last year from another private shcool after extensive research because:
1. OLG makes learning a priority and stresses the importance of educating the individual student.
2. The teachers are dedicated and professional. 3. The front desk staff are professional and very helpful.
3. The leadership is strong and the students are held accountable for their actions.
4. Strong Jr. High team!! The Jr. High teachers prepare the students for high school with a strong curriculum (very strong math, science and english curriculum). Both the eighth grade homeroom teacher, Mrs. Hughes and the ELA teacher, Mrs. Justice go out of their ways to help the students with high school applications.
5. There are a variety of extracurricular activities such as Chess Club, STEM Club, Dancer Divines, Theater, Band etc.
6. OLG has certified and dedicated resource teachers.
We feel that our children have become well rounded individuals since coming to OLG. They are given opportunities to explore and learn. They are also exposed to many learning activities that they didn't have at their former school.
The school bumper sticker, "Every child is an honored child at Our Lady of Guadalupe," is so true. My child's quirkiness is loved and she is fully supported socially and academically. Her sister, who is a more traditional learner, is thriving too. Teacher morale is so, so very much higher than our public school (Mission Valley), and the leadership by the principal is so wonderful, that I only wish I had transferred them earlier. We are not Catholic but OLG has stirred great respect for Catholic education in me. It's a top notch place!
OLG is a great K-8 school. We recently moved our kids here from another private school. The difference we experienced was significant. The staff members here are professional, dedicated, and caring. We saw significant growths in both of our kids. They made friends almost immediately. They joined a couple of the many available clubs/after school activities. They chose STEM and chess clubs. There are many others including music, dance, band, book, art, choir, and theater & drama.
The student body and the staff members are supportive of both students and parents, including the principle who is often seen mingling with the students and parents during drop off and pick up.
(Having the staff greet you every day at drop off is very nice!)