K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Posted January 08, 2016
I am the father of four girls, My first child is now in the first grade and I plan on sending my other three girls to school here as well. What I Love about this school is the community. I never thought that I would enjoy the volunteering requirement, but it has made me very involved with my daughter's education and has forced me to make friends with many of the parents at the school. In addition to the community, I like the daily catholic instruction, the student to teacher ratio is 18:1, there is a Spanish curriculum that starts in kindergarten, the nut-free campus, the sibling tuition discount, and the extended care program.

Posted February 26, 2015
My child started Holy Spirit School in Kindergarten. So far, it has been a great experience. Kindergarten is a full day (8 am to 3 pm), so this is particularly helpful for working parents. The transition from the end of class to extended care is seamless. Academically, I'm pleased with the core curriculum as well as subjects in Spanish, technology, music and religion. I like that she has her Kindergarten teacher (who is great and responsive), and also has specialty teachers for Spanish, music, PE etc. The morning announcements and prayers are a great way for the kids (and parents too) to start their day. I find that the school events (field trips, class events, College Bowl, Catholic Schools Week, Friday mass, etc.) add value to the school experience. The school is family friendly. I assume after many years of school events and parent volunteer hours (yes, there is a requirement) you get to know each other well. Holy Spirit Church is my parish as well, so it felt really comfortable settling into the school.

Posted January 17, 2015
Holy Spirit is a great school and my child loves it there. Yes there has been some staff changes in the last few months, but that's life and bottom line is if my child is happy and learning things are good. The teachers and staff at Holy Spirit show the students love and kindness which makes it a positive environment for them. My child is happy and loves the school - we are happy with Holy Spitir!

Holy Spirit Elementary School 1

Posted December 29, 2014
I would avoid this school at all cost!!! The principal and the 1st grade teacher both left in the middle of this school year (14-15). Pretty telling!!!! Most of the remaining staff have been there less than 5 years. The longest running teacher is the grumpy Kinder teacher who is just waiting to retire when her own child graduates and seems to take pleasure in making parents feel like crud by scolding you like a toddler. You and your child(ren) deserve more than having to put up with the mis-run school's constant change. Don't think because you are paying them $$$ you have a vote in anything. P.S. I used to go to the school board meetings. All the smiley happy reviews are PR from the school board. Don't be fooled.

Posted September 13, 2013
I absolutely love this school and parish community. My son has thoroughly enjoyed his entire time at Holy Spirit Elementary School. I am proud that he has become a very caring and Christ centered young man. I feel strongly that he is getting a quality education from a teaching staff and other peers that truly care about each and every one of their students. I like the fact that the school really tries to act upon any negative feedback that they may receive. A couple of examples over the years could be that they did not offer a language program, now all students have the opportunity to learn a second language in elementary school. Also, bullying has been a sore subject for just about all schools these days. Holy Spirit takes a strong stance against bullying and offers education for both the students and the parents to help prevent bullying from happening. I highly recommend Holy Spirit Elementary School to any Catholic family that is looking for a quality education for their children.

Posted November 05, 2012
I have two children at Holy Spirit School. One in kindergarten and one in 2nd grade. I believe that they are getting a wonderful, spiritual education by some amazing teachers. I love hearing my children sing and learn about God, having my children incorporate prayer before meal time at home, and the friendships they create is quite special, too. I like the way they now include Spanish into their curriculum now. My boys enjoy Holy Spirit and the community! Being that they also have the BFAT team now, bullying is not tolerated either! This is important to me as a parent.

Holy Spirit Elementary School 4

Posted October 17, 2012
Sending my children to a Catholic school is a priority as we chose Holy Spirit School. We have been so happy to be part to the Holy Spirit community since we moved here seven years ago. A good school is comprised of many factors including: the education, the families and the teachers. My children have felt a sense of belonging since the moment they stepped foot on that campus. They have made great friends with their classmates and we have a connection with their parents. With caring teachers and the introduction of new curriculum, my children will be better prepared as a person and a student as they transition to high school. We love Holy Spirit!

Posted September 19, 2012
My two beautiful children have been attending Holy Spirit School since preschool. I feel very blessed that our kids are receiving the education and faith to prepare them for a better tomorrow. Staff, students and parents work as a team and this make us a great Holy Spirit Family. Holy Spirit promotes service and fosters cultural sensitivity which makes this school a HOLY GROUND for our children. I invite you to join our FAMILY!

Posted September 19, 2012
I am very thankful that I was able to send my children to Holy Spirit School. The dedication and quality of the teaching staff was outstanding. My children were well prepared for honors programs in private, college prep high schools. It was very important to me to have my children in a school that reinforced the values I taught at home.

Posted September 18, 2012
Now that my last child to attend Holy Spirit has graduated from high school and is off to college, I believe I can truly give an accurate review of the school. Each of my children were so different and had different needs. Holy Spirit took them where they were and prepared them to attend wonderful high schools where they thrived. They were not only well prepared, but had an excellent work ethic and love of learning. Additionally, they truly understand about service to others and that no matter what happens in life, God will always be there for them.

Holy Spirit Elementary School
3930 Parish Avenue, Fremont, CA  94536
Last modified Holy Spirit Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8