Fremont, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted September 13, 2013
I absolutely love this school and parish community. My son has thoroughly enjoyed his entire time at Holy Spirit Elementary School. I am proud that he has become a very caring and Christ centered young man. I feel strongly that he is getting a quality education from a teaching staff and other peers that truly care about each and every one of their students. I like the fact that the school really tries to act upon any negative feedback that they may receive. A couple of examples over the years could be that they did not offer a language program, now all students have the opportunity to learn a second language in elementary school. Also, bullying has been a sore subject for just about all schools these days. Holy Spirit takes a strong stance against bullying and offers education for both the students and the parents to help prevent bullying from happening. I highly recommend Holy Spirit Elementary School to any Catholic family that is looking for a quality education for their children.

Posted November 05, 2012
I have two children at Holy Spirit School. One in kindergarten and one in 2nd grade. I believe that they are getting a wonderful, spiritual education by some amazing teachers. I love hearing my children sing and learn about God, having my children incorporate prayer before meal time at home, and the friendships they create is quite special, too. I like the way they now include Spanish into their curriculum now. My boys enjoy Holy Spirit and the community! Being that they also have the BFAT team now, bullying is not tolerated either! This is important to me as a parent.

Holy Spirit Elementary School 4

Posted October 17, 2012
Sending my children to a Catholic school is a priority as we chose Holy Spirit School. We have been so happy to be part to the Holy Spirit community since we moved here seven years ago. A good school is comprised of many factors including: the education, the families and the teachers. My children have felt a sense of belonging since the moment they stepped foot on that campus. They have made great friends with their classmates and we have a connection with their parents. With caring teachers and the introduction of new curriculum, my children will be better prepared as a person and a student as they transition to high school. We love Holy Spirit!

Posted September 19, 2012
My two beautiful children have been attending Holy Spirit School since preschool. I feel very blessed that our kids are receiving the education and faith to prepare them for a better tomorrow. Staff, students and parents work as a team and this make us a great Holy Spirit Family. Holy Spirit promotes service and fosters cultural sensitivity which makes this school a HOLY GROUND for our children. I invite you to join our FAMILY!

Posted September 19, 2012
I am very thankful that I was able to send my children to Holy Spirit School. The dedication and quality of the teaching staff was outstanding. My children were well prepared for honors programs in private, college prep high schools. It was very important to me to have my children in a school that reinforced the values I taught at home.

Posted September 18, 2012
Now that my last child to attend Holy Spirit has graduated from high school and is off to college, I believe I can truly give an accurate review of the school. Each of my children were so different and had different needs. Holy Spirit took them where they were and prepared them to attend wonderful high schools where they thrived. They were not only well prepared, but had an excellent work ethic and love of learning. Additionally, they truly understand about service to others and that no matter what happens in life, God will always be there for them.

Holy Spirit Elementary School 1

Posted June 01, 2012
The school has continually gone downhill since my family first enrolled there and it is only continuing on the same trajectory. I have had to supplement my children s math education with tutors for the last few years as addressing the curriculum delivery issues was not going to happen i.e. the 4th grade teacher having to start her year each year reinforcing what the kids should already know! Now they are adding Spanish for next year, at the expense of laying off 2 teaching aid positions, while not fixing the issues they already have?!?! I also have concerns about using a parent with no teaching credential as a regular substitute for any grade and even PE. I am sure there are plenty of qualified teachers available and thought I got passed the co-op teaching approach in preschool. It also gets old fast that the same children are used for speaking opportunities; pictures in newsletters, website or yearbook; masses etc and they usually are the children of the staff or pet families of the staff. It would have been nice to see random kids cycled through opportunities in each class in a year. If the teacher needs a list to remember who has done what for the year then do so.

Posted April 16, 2012
Academically we rank high on HS equivalency tests but more importantly is our awesome school community. As a Caucasian family we ve felt only welcomed, embraced and loved by the Filipino families and all the cultures. Non-Catholics are welcomed as well. Dyslexic children thrive at HSS with excellent on-site tutoring available. Our CYO sports teams are top notch. Our teachers are wonderful and caring. Fr. Mathew is involved daily and has an open door policy. Our children love the Arts, FAME & PE programs. Our Buddy program for all PreK-8th grade promotes a favorable school atmosphere. Parents are always encouraged to get more involved while speaking out by attending parent club meetings and school board meetings. Many opportunities to meet new friends at school events while earning parent hours. Our 6-8th grade can go to Washingon DC while our 8th grade also does a yearly Yosemite trip. Many field trips for all grades. 6th grade goes to science camp and 4th grade visits Columbia, CA. Our tuition costs are the most reasonably priced in the area. Catholic values are taught daily. My tweens have attended HSS since preschool and we wouldn't go anywhere else.

Holy Spirit Elementary School 1

Posted March 30, 2012
Holy Spirit School is currently working on some changes however it will take 2 -3 yrs at the earliest before positive results might take traction. Sure the principal is leaving this year but there are still several staff who should also be changed. The other review that mentioned the Filipino community challenges was spot on. The adults shove the culture down your throat which their children pick up on and are in turn exclusionary. The school is also not good at addressing bulling and the bullies are both students and staff. Luckily the biggest bully, the old 8th grade teacher, left last year. Additionally the school does not do well with children outside the norm. If your child needs any additional academic support the burden is on you the parent to find it and financially support it (on top of your tuition of course!). The internal support is weak and there will be a new resource teacher next year. If you are going to pay for your childs educatoin I would pick another school at this time.

Posted March 07, 2012
As the parent of two alumni of Holy Spirit School (HSS), the best thing I can say is that HSS prepared them for LIFE (not just high school, but LIFE). Principals I know at different high schools all remark glowingly that HSS students are the best prepared and most mature to enter high school and excel. Add to this fact that they receive a well rounded education (prepared for LIFE). The faculty and staff truly love your children, and will do everything to help them flourish.

Holy Spirit Elementary School
3930 Parish Avenue, Fremont, CA  94536
Last modified Holy Spirit Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Holy Spirit Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top