Fremont, CA

Posted November 22, 2014
I am the parent of a first grade student and I cannot say enough good things about St. Joseph. My son is receiving an excellent education from a very caring and knowledgeable staff. He loves to share the new words he learned in Spanish and the new songs he is singing in Music. I love that he can talk with me about God and recite prayers with me at night. If you are looking for a well-rounded education and a school that will build your child's self-confidence, then St. Joseph is the school for your family.

St. Joseph Elementary School 2

Posted June 21, 2014
St Joseph is a private school. So parents pay a tuition fee. All along the year, parents are expected to donate for several fundraisers, volunteer or pay more. Academics are just ok, not excellent. They have good music classes. But not much else for extracurricular programs. After school care is below average. Consider other good public schools in the area.

Posted June 03, 2014
Looking to educate your child to be a well-rounded and faith-filled individual? This is the place to send him or her. St. Joseph school is dedicated to nurturing and educating the whole child; they strive to help each student reach his or her full potential, academically, physically, emotionally and spiritually. The teachers and staff are trained to be sensitive to the needs of each individual child. All inside and outside classroom activities are geared to reach the goals of educating the whole child. Volunteer requirements and parental involvement serve as a great bridge for community building and reinforce the school philosophy of life of service and provide a great example for our children that as part of a community we are called to work together for the good of the community. To keep pace with advancement in technology, each classroom is equipped with interactive white board and the school provides each junior high students with iPads. Parents are able to access and monitor their children's grades and progress daily through an on-line portal. Check this school out!

Posted January 14, 2014
The kids ... Talk with God Walk with Jesus Pray/Sing together EVERYDAY We get to know the families. We are always helping others Teachers & staff are loving, nurturing and supportive. We have an AMAZING Kids Club! Many clubs and programs -Spanish, Art History, Ecology, Speech & Debate, Journalism, Drama, Math Olympiad, Glee, Mission Helpers Technology is strong. Smartboards/iPads are an additional sensory tool/interactive learning. It's about Mastery, Imagination, Creativity, Internalizing concepts and REFLECTION. It's about the CHILD. Personalization includes learning styles/personality styles and learning differences. Communication with teacher is strong; they are always available My kids LOVE the school, their friends, their teachers Wonderful Special Needs resources. Parents learn tools to help their child/children It's a SAFE and FUN place to learn and grow. Parents are encouraged to share their talents, time, love and energy in MANY and different ways. Families have a place to find emotional support and have LOTS of FUN. Compassionate. Sharing. Loving. Respectful. Work towards Building and Growing God's community. It's our COMMUNITY, our HOME, our FAMILY. All are welcome.

Posted August 29, 2013
I had my son at another private Catholic school and later transferred my son to St. Joseph Elementary because of closer distance to our home and good reputation in fourth grade. After attending St. Joseph for a few months, my son told me that he is learning more at St. Joseph b/c they teach Spanish, the recorder instrument, the library has more books than his previous school and he thought the lunch option was better. I like how the teacher's and principal are receptive and show genuine interest in each child. I love the school setting as well, it looks like a mission style school, small and personal in the middle of the country side. In addition, the higher grades have IPads and their technology resources are up to date and wonderful, which my son enjoys!

St. Joseph Elementary School 1

Posted May 19, 2012
This schools profile is inaccurate. Music instruments lessons are not offered at the school but students can take classes at a neighboring school. There is a school Choir with a very talented music teacher however, the Choir is held after school hours, is not part of the school curriculum. Sports are offered through the Parish Church and is NOT a part of the school.Yearbook is completed by parent Volunteers. The students have no involvement in the creation of the Yearbook because the school will not supply a teach for a yearbook class. Science is very limited. In past years, the Science Fair has been cancelled due to "lack of interest" on the teachers part. The school does not publish it's testing scores for a reason. My student will have to be taught by a tutor over the summer so that he can reach the public school standards next year. Bullying is not addressed. Teachers, Parents and Students frequently yell, bully, humiliate and intimidate as a form of communication. These are the lessons being taught at this school. Teachers are overwhelmed and do not communicate with parents. Principal is disconnected from students and parents. Core values are not taught by example.

Posted January 20, 2012
"St Joseph school is my second home." That's a quote from my child. The teachers and staffs are very child centered. We feel very comfortable with the teachers and staffs at the school. The teachers provide fun and challenging work to students. Children are taught good manners along with good academics. Discipline and respect is part of daily routine at St Joseph school. Catholic foundation is wonderful, and my son is getting a strong foundation in his faith. This is a well-rounded school; there are team sports (basketball and volleyball), track and field, cross country, choir, robotic club, and so on. The kid s club (after school care) staffs are wonderful; they make sure the children finish their homework before they can go out play. St. Joseph is well worth the reasonable cost.

Posted September 07, 2010
Our children are receiving an education full of academic as well as social skills. Their faith-filled experience will provide the foundation that we want for them. St. Joseph School is solid and well worth the sacrifice we've made by choosing the best school.

Posted May 16, 2010
I pretty much like the school. It is well - rounded of extra ciricular activities and is well known for the education for the students. I personally think it is a good school to be at.

Posted October 18, 2009
We too are new to the school and really like it. Our daughter came from a top notch public school and she is definately being challenged. The parent involvement is maditory but I get the feeling that most of these parents would do it even if it wasn't. A+ school!

St. Joseph Elementary School
43222 Mission Boulevard, Fremont, CA  94539
Last modified St. Joseph Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades 1-8
St. Joseph Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top