Posted August 16, 2014
Irvington high school is improving year over year. Please join yahoo group ihstalk to communicate with other Irvington high school parents.

Irvington High School 4

Posted August 07, 2014
I went to Irvington for my freshman year. Due to my mom's new job, I had to move to San Francisco. However, if I didn't move, I would've been happy to graduate from Irvington I applied to Irvington through the arts magnet program and when I got in. i was so happy. I was a really shy person. I didn't talk, I didn't make friends. But since it's an art magnet school, a lot of the people in the school are performers. And can I just say, theatre kids are super welcoming and outgoing and friendly. They were persistent enough to talk to the quiet nerdy girl who wore black every day. .As for teachers, I loved all of them. I am not a PE person, but my PE teacher was great. She was sweet, and nice considering how bad I was. My math teacher was so understanding and very underrated by students. But really, the thing I would like to say about Irvington: I loved it there. If I could go back, I would. Also, there is so much talent there. If you have a talented child who is interested in art in Fremont, send them there. The arts teachers are wonderful, the productions have amazing sets and talents, and the teachers are wonderful. I reccomend it fully.

Irvington High School 1

Posted May 18, 2014
Teachers are making easy subjects difficult by giving tough tests. They want to prove that they are very good at their subject. Even a good student who can get grade A in other schools, end up getting C in this school, ex Algebra 2 Hons and AP bio. This ruins the GPA of a even a very intelligent student. No start for this school.

Posted May 10, 2014
My daughter graduated from Irvington in 2013. She was first admitted on a fine arts wavier as a freshman. From the first time she visited the campus, she knew this was where she wanted to be. We actually bought a home here so our son could attend in this area as well. Although she was on a 504 plan for dyslexia and ADD, she thrived here. Each year we met with counselors and vice-principal to plan for her success. She passed the CAHSEE on the first try, she graduated with a good GPA and sufficient AST scores which earned her entry many of the Cal State Universities. She was active in the drama and vocal music departments. She was able to take classes such as sign language and advanced drama. Most importantly, she was happy here. Hats off to the staff at Irvington from one very thankful mom!

Irvington High School 2

Posted December 13, 2013
It is a horrible experience for us to move our children to this school, wish never make such a big mistake. The school culture lack of harmony, its communication channels are not organized efficiently. Some staff come in just for the job, no passion to teach at all.

Irvington High School 1

Posted October 02, 2013

Posted July 25, 2013
Irvington HS must be doing something right....the attendance area home desirability is way up as families strive to move into a highly rated educational situation. The music program remains exceptional...both Horner and Irvington continue to turn out top notch musicians/groups and receive high awards.

Irvington High School 2

Posted July 03, 2013
i agree with another commentor: it's really hard to learn anything as the "teachers" do little. even i could teach better than some teachers here can. also, there is NO SCHOOL UNITY. all the asians, blacks, hispanics, and white people are all separated. there is no leadership at all, like the school presidents dont do anything....

Posted November 06, 2012
great school with great education system, but some teachers are truly lazy. all the benchmark projects are hard but the hard work paid off

Posted May 25, 2012
I'm so pleased with Irvington. My daughter is a bout to graduate from Irviington. That's the best school any parent should take their kids.

Irvington High School
41800 Blacow Road, Fremont, CA  94538
Last modified Irvington High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Irvington High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 1048 reviews. Top