Posted April 14, 2014
My son is very happy and is studying well in Kennedy maintaining a GPA of 3.8 +.Initially I was skeptical about him adjusting given the fact he had been in private school since Elementary until Middle school.But now I am confident and very positive about the School.They have block system which prepares the kids for college, better elective choices thru MROP,great Baseball coaches , teaching staff so far are great .I have no complaints and wish the School continues with more competitive Programs for the kids in the near future, so that Kennedy is not down played.

Posted February 25, 2014
Walters Jr High - I am the first to admit what a posative experience this school has been for my son. I received mixed comments prior to my son attending for 7th grade. Now that he is at the end of his 8th grade yr; the experience has definately been a 100% turn around. Stay in communication w/your child, the teachers/principal and you will be surprised what a positive experience your child has at any school.

John F. Kennedy High School 3

Posted January 15, 2014
Kennedy is the worst school is the area,its only rival is walters Jr.High. It's sad because there are some really good elementary schools in the area but by the time the kids get through JFK they are lost.I have a daughter at JFK and a son at walters and I actually feel bad that I cant move.These schools need to be smitted.If you have any hope of playing sports dont go here unless you like to get crushed every game. Your only win of the year will be against Mission.

Posted August 22, 2013
We love the block system! less stress on our kids with homework and more time in the class room to learn!!

John F. Kennedy High School 3

Posted June 21, 2012
Kennedy has good opportunities for those who want to learn. There are plenty of AP classes to choose from.

John F. Kennedy High School 5

Posted September 08, 2011
I am proud that my daughter is studying in this Great School, where she got Spanish AP 3.0 and now taking AP Biology and I met with Teachers they are so helpful and want to change the world. I wish every student a great success in life.

John F. Kennedy High School 2

Posted May 09, 2011
I transferred to Kennedy in my Sophomore year from Homestead High in Cupertino. I graduated in 2004, so it's been awhile and my review is only for my time at Kennedy. Students here don't seem to care much about their future. Although I still graduated with an above 3.0 average, I know I could have done much better. I had a 4.0 GPA before I transferred here. I'm not saying everything is the school's fault, of course a lot of it has to do with myself. Like many teenagers, I didn't know any better. I only cared enough to get grades better than my friends. At my old school, everyone was competitive, it would look bad if I didn't get a 4.0. Believe it or not, my previous high school was MUCH harder than Kennedy. Students here just don't care. It brings down the environment of other students. As for the teachers, I didn't have many that were very authoritative. Like some of the other reviews said, the students ran the class rooms. By the way, there's a location across the street from the school where students openly smoked weed. I hope they have taken care of that problem, but for the 3 years I was there, nothing was done & I'm sure the school knew about it. It was hard to miss.

John F. Kennedy High School 5

Posted February 25, 2011
I am a junior at Kennedy High School and have a 4.0 GPA. We accept every student for who they are. I highly disagree with any parent or student that thinks poorly of our school. The teachers here are very understanding and if we need help they're always willing to take their time to help us.

John F. Kennedy High School 2

Posted January 09, 2011
You have to have been going to this school for a long time to think highly of it. I was the new kid and was by myself most the time at lunch and never talked to anyone in class because they seemed so snotty. The counselor that I had was really awkward. It just overall made me uncomfortable.

John F. Kennedy High School 1

Posted May 04, 2010
I transferred to this school for my sophomore year, and then I went back to my old school. I learned virtually nothing here; the teachers were scared of the kids, and the kids KNEW it. The teachers sat back and let the kids run the room. Sure, it was fun, but I'll pay for it later when I have to go to college!

John F. Kennedy High School
39999 Blacow Road, Fremont, CA  94538
Last modified John F. Kennedy High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John F. Kennedy High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 47 reviews. Top