1,436 students|Fremont Unified

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 15, 2015
My HP Math class really likes to work quickly, so we can finish what we have to learn by the end of the year

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted August 15, 2015
Yes, they do as well in many ways. They are actually really determined that we all are smart students, and can get to their AP, honors classes or IB programs.

John F. Kennedy High School 5

Posted August 15, 2015
I am a freshman at the school and I think its an awesome school. I feel very comfortable in the school. Also in the school it is very independent, this helps us by preparing when we go to college. There will be nobody telling us what to do, so I like this. The teachers are preparing us for next year and for the future, they are doing a great job. I love how they treat all us students. The schools are never bad it is just the students and as long the teachers do their job. John F. Kennedy has really smart, well rounded, kind and educated students. This school has a lot to offer. I love this school, so enroll your kids here.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 15, 2015
If you are in regular classes they will give just the right amount of homework, from each class. Now if you are in honors class they will give you to much homework because they expect a lot. They like honors students to practiced what you learned in class.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted August 15, 2015
Yes, they show respect in many ways. One way to know is how the students are behaving. The students really do respect each other. They also do respect the teachers.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted August 15, 2015
Yes, because the teachers always have a smile on there faces when they meet us and teach us. They do care about us, for example they give a lot of advice to us. They do show empathy in many ways to the students. For example, they always try to help us balance our homework and they are always talking and laughing with us. Also, a teacher had problems with the AC, so it was pretty warm in the classroom, in addition he told us that if we need to go get a drink of water we can just go and get a drink.

Posted April 14, 2014
My son is very happy and is studying well in Kennedy maintaining a GPA of 3.8 +.Initially I was skeptical about him adjusting given the fact he had been in private school since Elementary until Middle school.But now I am confident and very positive about the School.They have block system which prepares the kids for college, better elective choices thru MROP,great Baseball coaches , teaching staff so far are great .I have no complaints and wish the School continues with more competitive Programs for the kids in the near future, so that Kennedy is not down played.

Posted February 25, 2014
Walters Jr High - I am the first to admit what a posative experience this school has been for my son. I received mixed comments prior to my son attending for 7th grade. Now that he is at the end of his 8th grade yr; the experience has definately been a 100% turn around. Stay in communication w/your child, the teachers/principal and you will be surprised what a positive experience your child has at any school.

John F. Kennedy High School 3

Posted January 15, 2014
Kennedy is the worst school is the area,its only rival is walters Jr.High. It's sad because there are some really good elementary schools in the area but by the time the kids get through JFK they are lost.I have a daughter at JFK and a son at walters and I actually feel bad that I cant move.These schools need to be smitted.If you have any hope of playing sports dont go here unless you like to get crushed every game. Your only win of the year will be against Mission.

Posted August 22, 2013
We love the block system! less stress on our kids with homework and more time in the class room to learn!!

39999 Blacow Road, Fremont, CA  94538-1913
Last modified John F. Kennedy High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.