No rating

Fremont Christian School

Private | K-12 | 610 students

We are best known for fine arts program.

Living in Fremont

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $382,200. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,670.

Posted March 26, 2014

My daughter is in preschool. She loves loves loves going to school. Every morning she looks forward to it. The teachers and staff are always friendly and welcoming. English is not our primary language at home, so she started school with ZERO knowledge in English. It's been 5 months and now she can communicate her needs to the teachers in English in complete sentence, and the teachers are always patient. If you have contact with any 2 - 2.5 year old kids that don't speak English, you will know how much effort it requires. When I see her runs to her teachers, I can tell how much she loves them and how much they love her. Knowing that she is in a safe and loving place is very important to me.

Posted March 17, 2014

Both of my kids love this school. Teachers are helpful and go extra miles to help the kid to grow. It's hard to find a school that teachers care and not just collecting their paychecks. Great school that I won't regret to pay "higher" than average tuition.

Posted September 20, 2013

(Continued) Bottom line, my kid had a great, caring experience at FCS. She formed was able to form personal relationships with her teachers, she was never bullied and if there were any social or behavior issues with other kids, they were promptly addressed by the staff. You won't see that kind of personal, hands-on attention at public schools.

Posted August 22, 2013

I am not totally agree with the review below. Yes, they have way too many not so good international students. However, the students don't cheat that often because they don't care about their grades. The high school is terrible, they have very limited number of classes offered to the students. Any Fremont public high school (except JFK) is better than FCS. With the price you pay to send your kids to FCS, you may want to consider other public or private high schools. One good thing about FCS high school is that your kids will learn how to study with limit guidelines (college style) from the teachers because majority of the teachers don't know how to teach. Yes, almost all teachers are not certified teachers. However, they are Christian.

Posted August 19, 2013

This school is bad. Sure, they teach moral values, but they waste their time teaching stuff that people don't need in the real world. Many of the teachers are bad and unhelpful and the administration is incredibly rude to their students. They also accept way too many foreign students who often get expelled for bad behavior such as cheating. This school won't help you if you're looking for a Christian school, or a school where you'll find nice, caring people. Just because it's branded a "Christian school" does not make it any better than a public school. If you live in Fremont, go to Mission San Jose, Irvington, American, Washington, or John F. Kennedy. You will be much more satisfied.

Posted May 27, 2013

Note to parents: to compare a school, you need to compare the quality of the teachers and academic achievement of the students. Ask for the teacher profiles and see how many of them have college degrees and teach related topic in the school. Good schools have their teacher profiles posted on their websites. Also, ask them how many students enrolled to UCB last several years and compare the data with other schools. Don't be fool by the data how many students admit to which school (good students can be admitted to multiple top schools) . Also, I heard that they will have the athletic director teach physic next school year. Words from other people are not reliable. Good luck.

Posted May 26, 2013

My daughter is a junior in high school. She has struggled with writing and speaking in front of groups, but she has made tremendous improvents over the last couple of years. The school has theatrical productions each year where the students get very involved in all aspects of the production. No leading roles to date, but she now has the confidence to be in the productions and boldly speak her lines. Also, the STEM program is most impressive--there is even an International Space Station Research class where students can design and build their own experiments that are tested by real astronauts in space! We got to meet an astronaut that works at NASA Ames Research at the ISS Launch Party held right on the Fremont Christian campus last March. Where else can you send a high school student that can work on real research conducted on the International Space Station??? We think very highly of FCS and recommend it to others looking for an excellent school.

Posted May 22, 2013

This is a great school! I attended since 4th grade and graduated from the high school. The best thing about the school are the teachers -- they really care. Because the school is relatively small, all the teachers got to know all the students, and they actually listen to the students!. Fine Arts (music & theater) are amazing and the academic preparation allowed me to be accepted to every university that I applied to. Sports teams are improving and I hear they are getting a Football Team next year! Go Warriors!

Posted January 29, 2013

Unfortunatelly, I signed up my 3 kids in this LOW CLASS school. I realized after the fact. my fault. Please don't do the same mistake I did. look for other school : Challenger, Strattford etc. FEW teachers I personally know at FCS used to work at BIG LOTS! nothing wrong with that correct.-- The management do the minimum to comply with Education regulations such asking teachers to enroll in a easy class at a community college and the like. First of all, Fremont Christian School has amazingly LOW CLASS MANAGEMENT! RUDE MANAGEMENT! Furthemore!...check SCHOOL disclosures, you are ACTUALLY authorizing them{FCS]to YES!! HIT your lovely children-IN THE NAME OF THEIR[FCS] GOD! I know discusting ah! but TRUE! They have a big discusting billboard inside the school with the saying: " the begining of knowledge is the fear of god!" LOW CLASS TEACHERs too! Your choice! Your welcome!

Posted October 26, 2012

This school was good back to 3 years. lately they keep changed Pricipal and also changed new teachers. There were 4 classes on 5th grade before and now only 2 classes left. Studens doesn't have much home work compare my old daughter who study 5th grade at other school, sometime we didn't know what they teaching at classes, it is hard for parents to keep track with their kids.

Posted September 16, 2012

I have been in this school since I was in 5th grade and have finally graduated high school here. I really love the teachers here, the new buildings, and how they teach us good morals, however, the academic system they have here really needs to improve more. Teachers here have to teach more than just one subject, mostly, no wait, actually THEY HAVE TO TEACH 3 SUBJECTS, and I have been a helper for one teacher and that teacher had so much grading to do, everyday it is just piles of paper. Why is this important for you parents to know? Well here s the answer, if teachers have so much workload, things get turn in way later for the students, grading takes longer, when they teach it seems as if they don t emphasize enough towards that subject because they have to make more lectures for the other subject and it will be more beneficial if teachers only had to teach one subject just so that there will be more courses to teach, instead of having one teacher teaching more than one subject. Finally, there are WAY too many INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS; half of the student body is mostly INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS. I did like this school but there are just so many things they need to change.

Posted August 27, 2012

This school was really great about 3 years back, but has gotten so messed up lately. I am a former student. I went from Pre-School to 7th grade. Fremont Christian's academic standing is way below average. Teachers often do not teach the material needed for homework. Half of the childcare workers and staff do not speak English. Punishment and discipline at this school is incredibly unfair and needs improvement. I am moving schools this year, because I have had it with their lack of the slightest sense of community, unfair discipline system, and low education. The school is losing students rapidly to other high schools around the area. Half of the students are foreign exchange students, which makes the options of friends a narrow path. The options of classes are not diverse, and you do not get to choose many of your own, even in high school. The only good thing about this school, is that it teaches good moral values. Thanks to the school for setting me on the right track, but I would not recommend this school to anybody by any means.

Posted February 9, 2012

I have 3 children that have been attending FCS for many years. The Elementary program has been very good academically and the staff is warm and friendly. The teachers are very capable and have taken interest in my children, especially when there has been some learning struggles (disabilities). Just this year, my child was behind in reading and he was able to participate in a program that has improved his reading dramatically. The Secondary campus is VERY academic and my kids have excelled in their courses. There are so many wonderful extracurricular offerings that my kids have to choose from. Needless to say, we are very busy with all the extra's. I love the sense of community at this school. I would like to see more parent involvement and perhaps a booster club or PTA being formed would help with that. The new athletic fields, high tech labs and secondary building are beautiful. It is nice to have great facilities so you can feel proud knowing your tuition dollars are going toward that. All in all, we are thrilled to have our children at FCS and plan to see them there all the way to High School graduations.

Posted February 1, 2012

Fremont Christian has potential but is out of touch with the expectations of parents like us that pay good to send children to that school. For the most part, we have been happy with our children's elementary teachers but are frustrated and disappointed with both the junior high and high school. New superintendent does not seem open to hearing about the concerns of parents or willing to make necessary changes. Just rhetoric. Just got email that the elementary principal is stepping down and is being quickly replaced! This is weird. WHY IS THIS HAPPENING!?! She has done a great job in bringing the grade school together, and we benefit from the improved reading program! Our youngest child loves elementary. Our oldest wants to go to another high school. Thinking about switching schools because, as one parent put it, senior leadership has condescending tone. Parents like us are done. Where is the school board in all this? Wish I could be on it but I hear you have to attend the church over FCS. Giving school 2 stars since our youngest loves elementary.

Posted December 14, 2011

My child went to FCS for preschool and the teachers were great. Very warm and engaging. I can't say the same for Kindergarten. His teacher was very distant and didn't seem to enjoy teaching. Not just the teacher, but the school staff itself, I felt like they were running a military school rather than promoting an enjoyable learning experience for the children.

Posted September 21, 2011

the school has a nice campus, however, we are disappointed by the laid back academic teaching - no homework twice per week or 5 minute homework, teacher made lot of errors on correcting the homework.. my son doesn't know how to do the math problems which our neigbor's same age kid who is in the public school - this made us shame on it as we paid big dollar to send him to a private school vs. the free public school. We had to trasnfer our sons to another school because we dont want them to be behind on academic learning (not mentioned yearly increased tuition at today's Economy)

Posted May 19, 2011

Good school but I have been noticing a few odd changes with the new leadership.-School has become very clickish. Many family member working which seems to be conflict of interest. Tuition is steady rising in this bad economy. Teachers with great recommendations are let go then new ones are hired. Emails to parents have become very condescending from senior leadership. financial aid is taboo. No mention of it in the school pamplet until about 2 years ago when enrollment dropped. The only way you get a major part in a school play is if you parent works at the school. My son has attented this school for 10 years with e

Posted February 25, 2011

Overall it is a good school, especially from preschool to Junior HS. The school is trying hard to be better on academic than what it is now. Note that it is not bad now but still has rooms for improvement. It is important to note that you should pick a school fits your kids need, not just pick a good school.

Posted January 2, 2011

This is only my son's first year here and he's currently in 2nd grade but he loves it. His teacher really takes the time to know him and understand him. She doesn't brush his feelings aside like they did at public school. I really enjoy the volunteering and amazed at the amount of effort the teachers put into making the learning fun. There are several social events and school activities throughout the year. I saw one post that the teach turnover rate is high yet I've met several teachers who have been there for years. I've also met several parents who have multiple kids in the school that have been there for years. The preschool campus is nice and the teachers are considerate. The elementary campus is big and clean. The computer lab is up-to-date and the activity gym to also nice and clean. The library is average. The elementary office staff are very considerate and takes time to answer questions from parents as well as help students as needed. It's was amazing to come to a school where the kids learn to hold open doors and say "thank you". If you're looking for a school that really cares for your child academically and socially, this school is great.

Posted October 11, 2010

I am very pleased with Fremont Christian School (FCS) . I really wanted a smaller academic environment for Jr. High thru High School and I feel I made the perfect choice with FCS. My son is very happy with his new friends and the teachers. The principle and staff have their students best interest at heart and I really appreciate their efforts in making FCS such a wonderful experience for my son.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 31% 11%

College readiness and student pathways

Colleges most students attend after graduation University of California
California State University
Varied independent universities
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Teacher resources

Foreign languages spoken by school staff Chinese (Mandarin)
Spanish
Tagalog
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Science

• College prep programs/courses during the year
  • College presentations or information sessions
  • Community college courses
  • School-sponsored trips to college campuses

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Before school
  • Dr. Tricia Meyer
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• Orchestra
Performing arts
  • Drama

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Yearbook