Fremont, CA
Before care: Yes

Kimber Hills Academy 4

Posted November 22, 2013
This is a great school with strong academics and Christian values. The principal cares for the staff as well as the parents and the students. It is a safe environment.

Posted May 24, 2012
I have one boy who has been in the preschool, and will be moving into the kindergarten this year, and another son who is going to be entering the preschool. We have had a great experience in the preschool. One of my wife's key things is she wants a safe bully free environment. They also have a very caring staff. They just got a new principal who worked in their discovery program(their department for working with kids who have challenges learning). I am looking forward to seeing how they will implement the discovery program in all the classrooms. For me looking back I know I kind of slipped through and could have used some extra time. So having teachers being trained by her to focus on every students learning style will be huge.

Posted May 24, 2012
My experience with Kimber Hills is with the preschool, and I have been so pleased with the teachers and the program the past two years. The teachers and the director have been proactive and responsive in communicating with me, and they have been engaging, understanding, nurturing and motivating with my son. I have noticed that the teachers really work together, too. The preschool really has a close-community feel. As far as program goes, I like that it is very structured and exposes the kids to such a variety of experiences so that the skills and concepts can be learned and reinforced through several different ways. I think that really helps reach each child. I'm confident that my son will be more than ready for Kindergarten in the fall, and I can't wait for my youngest to start the Toddler program this summer.

Posted January 30, 2011
My oldest son has attended this school since Pre-school and now is in the 7th grade and I cannot say enough about the quality of the education, teacher caring, staff and overall attention our kids receive at this school. My younger son is also attending this school from Pre-school and now he is in 2nd grade and he is loving it. The Junior High program is the best and the many changes done in the past years have been tremendous and positive. Christian Community School has been the best choice for our children education.

Posted January 28, 2011
CCS is a great school! Staff is encouraging and willing to see my child for the INDIVIDUAL that she is. I appreciate that they are open to parent input and react quickly. Teacher quality has greatly improved in the last few years with many teachers holding their credentials and some even having a Master's degree. This school is very involved in embracing Christian values such as God, country, and family. The school is positive and embracing without being "preachy". I love this school and encourage the administration to keep up the positive changes and hope that the great new teachers make CCS their permanent home.

Posted January 27, 2011
My older son attended CCS from K-8. From there he went onto public high school where he excelled in honors courses and extracurricular activities. Now in college, he is a 4.0 student and will graduate with honors. He received an excellent education at CCS and we are so glad we made the commitment to his education there. Our younger son is now attending CCS and is in the 7th grade. The education standards are still excellent. The teachers in the younger grades are caring and nurturing; in the middle school grades they are open and encouraging. The school is dedicated to top quality education and to preparing the students for all the opportunities awaiting them in secondary school and beyond. I have also enjoyed how the administration welcomes parent involvment and includes parents in decision making processes. Thank you CCS! FYI-regarding the review about time in Chapel- students spent approx. one hour per week in chapel. Not excessive at all.

Posted January 27, 2011
Christian Community Schools was rated the Best of 2009 in Fremont, CA. I completely agree. The school has a staff and administrators who have been there for over 20 years. They carry on the tradition of Christian values by honoring God with prayer and reverence. They are committed to teach your child with patience and focus on the curriculum. Bible is a class taught from K to 8. Parent teacher conferences are conducted every trimester to go over your child's grades and listen to your concerns and for the teacher to involve the parent at home to improve your child's learning together from classroom to your home. Every year, there is a Christmas story musical, sports where every student is given a chance to try out, talent shows, science fairs, open house, rollercoaster competition. At one time, there was even a rocket launch activity and field trip. This is a school to engage your child in multiple ways, make history fun, explore science exhibits in the area, challenge your child with learning habits that will last into their later years. Go visit and speak to the administrators, you will be impressed. Ask for the financial aid. Sign up and watch your child enjoy.

Posted January 27, 2011
My children have all attended CCS. My eldest daughter has gone to high school and my two younger ones are still attending. The staff is a tremendous help, always willing to listen and be flexible and accommodating to my child. My children excelled in all classes, because the teachers make the subject interesting. They also plan field trips to augment the classroom learning. I am thankful of my child is learning the bible every year. They are not thrilled of this class, but learning the word of God at their age builds the foundation for later revelation. I recommend this school for the pastoral staff, the administrative staff and the faculty--all superb. If you child is in to learning with other good students, this is the school. I highly recommend CCS.

Kimber Hills Academy 1