Fremont, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted October 13, 2014
teachers are condescending towards students and parents. Don't take responsibility and forget that they are teaching children and not adults. Homework assignments are unrelated to the common core curriculum.

Posted October 08, 2014
A good school to be in if you are only interested in grades. I have two daughters in this school, and they did very well. However, I always felt something was amiss. They didn't appear to be extremely happy, but they didn't complain. Eventually, I had the bitter taste of unpleasant experiences as well. The principle is passive, and had displayed lack of professionalism in issues that was brought up. Encountered favoritism, and condescending comments in school projects. The sincerity, warmth, and graciousness is definitely lacking within the school environment. My youngest daughter was fortunate to have left this school for another in Fremont. She beams with happiness now! And her grades is as good if not the same as before. As for me, I walked into the new school, and I feel a sense of belonging finally. Having said all that, I hope that Niles will persevere to improve in the humanity aspect, and not always striving to be academically excellent only. We want our children to be well-rounded, don't we?

Posted September 12, 2014
The school is not a problem because it's a Building. . The Parents here don't teach their children how to respect other races and cultures. This school is not Diverse as there is only a few Hispanics and a couple of African Americans here. The rest is Indians and Caucasians. Sime of the staff and principal are prejudice to the minorities. The Principal is rude and only speaks to people if you speak FIRST! Some of the teachers show favoritism towards the students especially Bernie a 2nd grade teacher at this school. Parents here need to teach their kids that we all are Humans and Bleed the same, no matter our skin color and to treat PEOPLE the way you want to be treated. The kindergarten teachers here are WONDERFUL. This school would be ok if some of the staff was sincere! Fremont goes off address that's why my child attends here. Also be careful when going on Field trips they overccharge for the kids and probably pocket the rest. Believe I called the 2nd grade teacher out on it a few times..

Posted August 27, 2014
Awesome school teachers are so good and hardworking. I am so happy my daughter is in safe hand

Posted August 27, 2014
Great environment, great school! I think the teachers really care about students and make it inviting for kids.

Posted April 02, 2014
Awesome school. Very nice teachers. Mrs. Gould is great for Kindergarten and the teacher who worked with her is also very helpful. Kids and environment is great here. They even have movie show timings for kids, various events... two easily accessible play structures keeps our toddles busy while we wait for kindergartner to come out.

Posted March 21, 2014
My daughter started Kindergarten here this past Fall and we couldn't be happier. Her teacher has been tremendous: super-organized, attentive and caring. In speaking with parents with older kids in the school, it seems the staff as a whole is well-regarded (I'll be sure to update my review as time goes by). My daughter's class is also ethnically diverse, and better yet, many of the parents are involved and have been quick to volunteer for classroom activities. Overall, this school appears to be an excellent reflection of the community of Niles and the greater Bay Area.

Posted September 10, 2013
My children started attending this school three year back and they were welcomed with open arms. All the teachers are very dedicated and we were pleasantly surprised on how well they did academically and the teachers are very friendly and communicate with us. The PTA is very active and there are a lot of active parents who make sure that things run smoothly. They have different classes in their after school program for all graders. Younger students have the privilege of many traditions that make being part of the Niles family a plus. I have nothing but good things to say about this school. My kids loves to go to Niles school. One thing I like to improve is to encourage the kids and send them for math olympaids every year and show more interest on science fair!

Posted September 09, 2013
I am giving this school one star because of the office staff. Rest, nothing good to say about this school. After my kid struggled for 2 years here for the attitude that her teacher was giving her during her 2nd grade and now in her 4th grade. Teacher calls her names, such as dumb, stupid and even called her liar. This is very disheartening. I complained numerous times to Principal but no action on his part. Finally, we pulled her out of this school but seriously what a waste of our TAX DOLLARS! A serious action is required against these teachers to avoid the bullying problem as they are the biggest bully. Last but not the least, if you kid is different from other kids in any way then she'll be picked up easily by these teachers. I can't belive that kid who was bully in 2nd grade was elected as student of the month even after numerous parents complained against him. Kids from diverse culture are the easy target. I have a lot to say as Kids are so precious and these TEACHERS before calling them names forget that their job is to teach them values and not to bully them.

Posted September 25, 2012
My children started attending this school last year and they were welcomed with open arms. The teachers are very dedicated and active with the school and we were pleasantly surprised on how well they did academically and the teachers communication with us. The PTA is very active and there are a lot of active parents who make sure that things run smoothly. Opportunities for the older 5th and 6th grades is wonderful they can do safety patrol, basketball, and cheer leading. Younger students have the privilege of many traditions that make being part of the Niles family a plus. I have nothing but good things to say about this school.

Niles Elementary School
37141 Second Street, Fremont, CA  94536
Last modified Niles Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Niles Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 48 reviews. Top