Fremont, CA

Posted July 27, 2015
Great school and great environment. The activities done and keeps the students engaged which is the hallmark of a good school.

Niles Elementary School
Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 27, 2015
Great teachers and care, very satisfied. Been improving a lot. I would definitely recommend this school.

Posted October 13, 2014
teachers are condescending towards students and parents. Don't take responsibility and forget that they are teaching children and not adults. Homework assignments are unrelated to the common core curriculum.

Posted October 08, 2014
A good school to be in if you are only interested in grades. I have two daughters in this school, and they did very well. However, I always felt something was amiss. They didn't appear to be extremely happy, but they didn't complain. Eventually, I had the bitter taste of unpleasant experiences as well. The principle is passive, and had displayed lack of professionalism in issues that was brought up. Encountered favoritism, and condescending comments in school projects. The sincerity, warmth, and graciousness is definitely lacking within the school environment. My youngest daughter was fortunate to have left this school for another in Fremont. She beams with happiness now! And her grades is as good if not the same as before. As for me, I walked into the new school, and I feel a sense of belonging finally. Having said all that, I hope that Niles will persevere to improve in the humanity aspect, and not always striving to be academically excellent only. We want our children to be well-rounded, don't we?

Posted September 12, 2014
The school is not a problem because it's a Building. . The Parents here don't teach their children how to respect other races and cultures. This school is not Diverse as there is only a few Hispanics and a couple of African Americans here. The rest is Indians and Caucasians. Sime of the staff and principal are prejudice to the minorities. The Principal is rude and only speaks to people if you speak FIRST! Some of the teachers show favoritism towards the students especially Bernie a 2nd grade teacher at this school. Parents here need to teach their kids that we all are Humans and Bleed the same, no matter our skin color and to treat PEOPLE the way you want to be treated. The kindergarten teachers here are WONDERFUL. This school would be ok if some of the staff was sincere! Fremont goes off address that's why my child attends here. Also be careful when going on Field trips they overccharge for the kids and probably pocket the rest. Believe I called the 2nd grade teacher out on it a few times..

Posted August 27, 2014
Awesome school teachers are so good and hardworking. I am so happy my daughter is in safe hand

Posted August 27, 2014
Great environment, great school! I think the teachers really care about students and make it inviting for kids.

Posted June 18, 2014
There are pros and cons in every school. So far, my son loves Niles Elementary School! Great teachers and very safe environment!

Posted April 02, 2014
Awesome school. Very nice teachers. Mrs. Gould is great for Kindergarten and the teacher who worked with her is also very helpful. Kids and environment is great here. They even have movie show timings for kids, various events... two easily accessible play structures keeps our toddles busy while we wait for kindergartner to come out.

Posted March 21, 2014
My daughter started Kindergarten here this past Fall and we couldn't be happier. Her teacher has been tremendous: super-organized, attentive and caring. In speaking with parents with older kids in the school, it seems the staff as a whole is well-regarded (I'll be sure to update my review as time goes by). My daughter's class is also ethnically diverse, and better yet, many of the parents are involved and have been quick to volunteer for classroom activities. Overall, this school appears to be an excellent reflection of the community of Niles and the greater Bay Area.

Niles Elementary School
37141 Second Street, Fremont, CA  94536
Last modified Niles Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Niles Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 57 reviews. Top