Oliveira Elementary School 1

Posted May 04, 2015
In 25 years of parenting and being involved with schools for my children and my foster children, I have never had the worst experience than with oliveira elementary. They can be insensitive and harsh on the kids and not at all concerned about the kids having a positive experience. Of course that's not all the teachers, but far too many people over there are difficult to work with. They had a teacher accused of inappropriate comments to a girl student, suspended him a couple weeks and put him right back in the same class. They humiliated the girl, subjecting her to all kinds of ridicule from students because they liked the teacher ,but that was all that was done to the teacher. Their main secretary is rude and unkind to the kids, they all know who she likes and doesn't like. Before I would put another child In that school I would homeschool and I don't want to homeschool!

Oliveira Elementary School 4

Posted February 13, 2015
Oliveira is a decent school. I've had my up-and-downs. There is a new principal. I'm hoping that will create an improvement soon on how important matters are handled from admin. In the past, it has been all talk, no action. I would like to see petty issues have less focus and more attention on critical matters. Mostly though, I decided to rate the school because of the office staff. The secretary has been there as long as my kids have been attending (I have one in High School). I want to say...She is the most amazing & generous person in the entire school. She treats every child as a priority (as she should) and she truly cares. If she is ever stern, it's because she probably needs to be to get people to listen and act. She has the best interest of the child at heart. I have never seen her have ill will toward anyone. If she said, "That's probably a good thing", she probably has a genuinely reason. I'd rather she tell me what I need to hear (and she has) rather than be phony, overly-pleasant, and talk behind my back. This woman has a kind heart, integrity, is hard-working and underappreciated. For her alone...5 stars!!!

Oliveira Elementary School 4

Posted February 12, 2015
My son has been going to school since Kindergarten. It's a great school with great teachers! Yesterday I wasn't too fond of the office staff on how she treated me as a parent. Time of the year to turn in Reservation Form for school year 2015-2016. I came in without anything to verify residency because we are planning to move next month. Still, I had to show proof or residency (uh didn't I show proof last year?) When she asked where we were moving to, she said "oh that's probably a good thing." Did that mean she no longer wanted us to be in that school? It's not like my son is a bad student at all. He's a good kid and we've been very good with the school donations and activities. I just don't get where that attitude comes from. It's a school, you deal with kids- be happy!

Posted September 08, 2014
So far I feel like we have been blessed. My daughter who is in special ed and is high functioning Autistic, has never done so well in a school. She was in the Hayward school district K-3 and every year a struggle. She loves her teacher Cynthia Foulkes and her classmates. Her behavior has improved greatly. So glad we Now are in this school and district.

Oliveira Elementary School 3

Posted August 17, 2014
Most of the teachers at this school are really great and genuinely care about the students. I have had terrific experiences with multiple teachers in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 6th grade. Unfortunately, there really isn't a good option for fifth grade teachers - one doesn't seem to care and is occasionally mean, while the other is critical to the point of being harsh. Fortunately, this is only one grade. The sixth grade teachers are both so engaged and although their styles are a little different from each other, they complement each other very well. Their standards are high, but they make the curriculum fun for the students. The parent community is very engaged and the Principal has a good relationship with the parents. She knows each student by name and understands their needs and strengths. There are a lot of extra-curricular activities for the kids and parents are involved in many of them. It's a great place to feel like you belong to the community.

Posted April 03, 2014
the school environment is very good and the teacher themselves were very nice ,i rate this school one of the best elementary in fremont ,

Oliveira Elementary School 3

Posted September 21, 2013
Over all school is good....I am disappointed that this year that the teacher my child has is not bothering to reply to emails. At Open House parents were told that there would be responses to email anc concerns...Well so far it has been three days and no response. Other teachers my children have had there has always been quick response with in few hours. This year really disappointing. Hope things get better as year progresses.

Posted August 01, 2013
Good Academic school with nice teacer & staff. Principal also so active & coperative in school activity. Excellent curicullam. Excellent and clean school.

Posted April 11, 2013
Oliveira is a very great school. My child has been attending since Kindergarten and is now in 3rd grade, and we have found it to be a welcoming school. My child is always excited to be at school. The staff and the principal are very welcoming. The PTA is just as welcoming. If you are looking for a great school where they welcome and encourage parents to volunteer you've found it...

Posted September 06, 2012
I am quite impressed with how this school works and educated. There is a strong community amongst the parents and the teachers are very passionate. I feel very fortunate to have my child go there...now in her 4th year as a 3rd grader. In fact, I am so impressed, I have decided to become the PTA President. They earned every bit of the Distinguished School award they achieved.

Oliveira Elementary School
4180 Alder Avenue, Fremont, CA  94536
Last modified Oliveira Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oliveira Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 65 reviews. Top