Posted September 08, 2014
So far I feel like we have been blessed. My daughter who is in special ed and is high functioning Autistic, has never done so well in a school. She was in the Hayward school district K-3 and every year a struggle. She loves her teacher Cynthia Foulkes and her classmates. Her behavior has improved greatly. So glad we Now are in this school and district.

Posted August 17, 2014
Most of the teachers at this school are really great and genuinely care about the students. I have had terrific experiences with multiple teachers in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 6th grade. Unfortunately, there really isn't a good option for fifth grade teachers - one doesn't seem to care and is occasionally mean, while the other is critical to the point of being harsh. Fortunately, this is only one grade. The sixth grade teachers are both so engaged and although their styles are a little different from each other, they complement each other very well. Their standards are high, but they make the curriculum fun for the students. The parent community is very engaged and the Principal has a good relationship with the parents. She knows each student by name and understands their needs and strengths. There are a lot of extra-curricular activities for the kids and parents are involved in many of them. It's a great place to feel like you belong to the community.

Posted April 03, 2014
the school environment is very good and the teacher themselves were very nice ,i rate this school one of the best elementary in fremont ,

Posted September 21, 2013
Over all school is good....I am disappointed that this year that the teacher my child has is not bothering to reply to emails. At Open House parents were told that there would be responses to email anc concerns...Well so far it has been three days and no response. Other teachers my children have had there has always been quick response with in few hours. This year really disappointing. Hope things get better as year progresses.

Posted August 01, 2013
Good Academic school with nice teacer & staff. Principal also so active & coperative in school activity. Excellent curicullam. Excellent and clean school.

Posted April 11, 2013
Oliveira is a very great school. My child has been attending since Kindergarten and is now in 3rd grade, and we have found it to be a welcoming school. My child is always excited to be at school. The staff and the principal are very welcoming. The PTA is just as welcoming. If you are looking for a great school where they welcome and encourage parents to volunteer you've found it...

Posted September 06, 2012
I am quite impressed with how this school works and educated. There is a strong community amongst the parents and the teachers are very passionate. I feel very fortunate to have my child go there...now in her 4th year as a 3rd grader. In fact, I am so impressed, I have decided to become the PTA President. They earned every bit of the Distinguished School award they achieved.

Posted June 11, 2012
Impressed with School's progress from past 4 yrs. School has +ve thinking teachers, supported by Principal and community. Great programs, OOM, Glee club, Science, Sports and many more. Congratulations to entire school on becoming Distinguished school in CA. Cherry on the top is, their discipline, security and best community.

Posted February 19, 2011
Oliveira is awesome!! I graduated from that school last year,it helped me with leadership skills, and academics. You could do many things at Oliveira that will help you obtain nice skills in all areas of academics. If your doubting Oliveira, trust me you will be surprised how good we are ;D !!

Posted August 18, 2010
The earlier principal was more capable,dynamic woman. than the current one. Teachers are great.However, my son never got one corrected homework or class activity back. I would need to correct it for him later in the day. Learning comes from correcting and reinforcement through activities and testing. Nevertheless, this school provides a safe and a disciplined environment for learning.

Oliveira Elementary School
4180 Alder Avenue, Fremont, CA  94536
Last modified Oliveira Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oliveira Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 62 reviews. Top