646 students|Fremont Unified

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted October 05, 2015
My child joined last kindergarten after spending sometime at Forest Park. What a world of difference in attitudes of staff and teachers. I was upset at the rude manner the forest park office staff spoke to the parents At Oliveira, from the get go the office staff is friendly, polite and concerned for the kids. The Principal is always around and has an open door policy and always stops to say hello to the kids and parents. He doesn't hesitate discussing a concern wherever you stand. If there is a followup he asks to come to his office. The teachers range from years of experience to new grads being mentored. They plan their course material and do send homework as per the age of the child. They offer extra help to some kids who need it for reading and math. The balance of study and physical ed ensures the kids get out often enough. There are monthly kid events thats fun. I like Oliveira and would recommend it.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted October 05, 2015
Its important to understand each child's strengths and offer the right solution to help overcome it rather than put it on the parents. Teachers so far have taken time to understand the kids and give them the encouragement they need.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted October 05, 2015
They have themes of honesty, integrity, caring and other values that they inculcate on a monthly basis where the kids practice that value and see its application in the real world.

Oliveira Elementary School 4

Posted February 13, 2015
Oliveira is a decent school. I've had my up-and-downs. There is a new principal. I'm hoping that will create an improvement soon on how important matters are handled from admin. In the past, it has been all talk, no action. I would like to see petty issues have less focus and more attention on critical matters. Mostly though, I decided to rate the school because of the office staff. The secretary has been there as long as my kids have been attending (I have one in High School). I want to say...She is the most amazing & generous person in the entire school. She treats every child as a priority (as she should) and she truly cares. If she is ever stern, it's because she probably needs to be to get people to listen and act. She has the best interest of the child at heart. I have never seen her have ill will toward anyone. If she said, "That's probably a good thing", she probably has a genuinely reason. I'd rather she tell me what I need to hear (and she has) rather than be phony, overly-pleasant, and talk behind my back. This woman has a kind heart, integrity, is hard-working and underappreciated. For her alone...5 stars!!!

Oliveira Elementary School 4

Posted February 12, 2015
My son has been going to school since Kindergarten. It's a great school with great teachers! Yesterday I wasn't too fond of the office staff on how she treated me as a parent. Time of the year to turn in Reservation Form for school year 2015-2016. I came in without anything to verify residency because we are planning to move next month. Still, I had to show proof or residency (uh didn't I show proof last year?) When she asked where we were moving to, she said "oh that's probably a good thing." Did that mean she no longer wanted us to be in that school? It's not like my son is a bad student at all. He's a good kid and we've been very good with the school donations and activities. I just don't get where that attitude comes from. It's a school, you deal with kids- be happy!

Posted September 08, 2014
So far I feel like we have been blessed. My daughter who is in special ed and is high functioning Autistic, has never done so well in a school. She was in the Hayward school district K-3 and every year a struggle. She loves her teacher Cynthia Foulkes and her classmates. Her behavior has improved greatly. So glad we Now are in this school and district.

Oliveira Elementary School 3

Posted August 17, 2014
Most of the teachers at this school are really great and genuinely care about the students. I have had terrific experiences with multiple teachers in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 6th grade. Unfortunately, there really isn't a good option for fifth grade teachers - one doesn't seem to care and is occasionally mean, while the other is critical to the point of being harsh. Fortunately, this is only one grade. The sixth grade teachers are both so engaged and although their styles are a little different from each other, they complement each other very well. Their standards are high, but they make the curriculum fun for the students. The parent community is very engaged and the Principal has a good relationship with the parents. She knows each student by name and understands their needs and strengths. There are a lot of extra-curricular activities for the kids and parents are involved in many of them. It's a great place to feel like you belong to the community.

Posted April 03, 2014
the school environment is very good and the teacher themselves were very nice ,i rate this school one of the best elementary in fremont ,

Oliveira Elementary School 3

Posted September 21, 2013
Over all school is good....I am disappointed that this year that the teacher my child has is not bothering to reply to emails. At Open House parents were told that there would be responses to email anc concerns...Well so far it has been three days and no response. Other teachers my children have had there has always been quick response with in few hours. This year really disappointing. Hope things get better as year progresses.

Posted August 01, 2013
Good Academic school with nice teacer & staff. Principal also so active & coperative in school activity. Excellent curicullam. Excellent and clean school.

4180 Alder Avenue, Fremont, CA  94536-4799
Last modified Oliveira Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.