Fremont, CA

Parkmont Elementary School 4

Posted November 30, 2014
My son finished his elementary schooling at Parkmont last year. These six years are surely memorable. There is a good mix of class work, and outdoor activities for kids. Out of 6 years, my son got 4 great teachers and 2 so-so teachers. I guess, this is law of averages and it is probably true for most kids. Some teachers give a lot of home work, some teachers keep it low. I think, school should do something to normalize this. For the most part, teachers are lively and make their best effort to provide best education. When I read about one star rating here, I see only frustration. Yes, the staff is not all that friendly. They could have been far better. But, there must be few things that would have lead to staff's today's behavior. School can/should do a better job of clarifying their expectations from Parents and Students instead of people drawing their conclusions this way. Overall, you as a parent, are likely not going to get disappointed if you were to send your child to Parkmont.

Parkmont Elementary School 4

Posted October 15, 2014
Parkmont is one of the best public schools i have known so far during my 25 years of helping schools as a volunteer in VIPS program. All my three daughters started their academic endeavor at T.H. Rogers from Kindergarten. Rogers is a gift and talented program school. I can tell what make huge differences between these two schools and many other schools is that more parental involvement for Rogers and more than 90% of parents with their college degrees is for Partkmont and its students. My youngest daughter loved and admired many teachers at Partkmont. She graduated from Parkmont last school year During last class she gave a special souvenir with her written poem, school pictures and classroom symbols to her already decided retire principal. I have been searching for solutions to our problematic and seem-to-be broken education systems here in America involving with three crucial elements in education and school: Control, responsibility and accountability. My question to all American parents: Do we need a new 28th US Constitutional Amendment to fix them? . Among 27 Amendments there was no amendment for education The USA and its citizens have already tried everything. What else ?

Posted October 13, 2014
The worst staff I have ever seen. The Admin staff is rude, Teachers are unqualified. They abuse students by talking down to them. Should be assessed by Department of Education.

Parkmont Elementary School 2

Posted December 23, 2013
The parents push and tutor their children to accel on state tests here, not the staff. This accounts for the high score. Many programs and activities have been lost such as chorus, drama, the Halloween carnival, and dance festival in the years my children have attended. Parents are treated disrespectfully by the office and administration. The principal is incompetent, rude and disliked by much of the community. My kids have liked their teachers, but with class sizes so high it's hard for them to get much attention. Look around town carefully before choosing this attendance areas. Some lower performing schools are more well-rounded, friendlier, and offer more opportunities for enrichment.

Parkmont Elementary School 5

Posted December 20, 2013
Parkmont is a great school, all of my kids love it. This school has a lot of unforgettable loving teachers: Mr. Schneilder; Ms. Hollister; Mr. Boyer; Ms. Tarkowski; Ms. Wilhoit ... these wonderful people set role models for kids to learn how to love the life and other people. Thank you Parkmont Elementary School for being such a great school!

Parkmont Elementary School 2

Posted October 04, 2013
When I was in third grade I switched to this school. During my first year there, the principal was great. We were headed towards great things, but ever since the principal left to become the district superintendent, the I've seen the school's principals drive it into the ground. What was once the best elementary school in FUSD, is now a shadow of its former self. The teachers there are great, so are the kids and their parents. These three groups together have, so far, managed to keep the school afloat. But the school needs some major changes to return to its former glory.

Parkmont Elementary School 3

Posted September 17, 2013
Good school, but the principal is the worst!! School spirit and activities have gone way down since she took over. In the last several years we have noticed a decline in enthusiam among the staff and parents. It all comes one place, the principal. Their are still some strong teachers at parkmont and some great parent involvment, but until the principal is replaced, I'm afraid it's going to keep going downhill.

Parkmont Elementary School 5

Posted April 30, 2012
I used to be a student here at Parkmont, and I loved this school. Yes, some teachers are bad, but all schools have some bad and good teachers. The homework issue was not a problem for me, and I was ok with projects during spring and winter break. It was a bit hard, but it will only be for an year. Besides, this will prepare students for the real life. Overall, this is a superb school, but i do miss the old principal. The only bad thing i think is the office people, like the secretery. They are extremely rude. But, there are many teachers that I have admired and inspired me. This is a great school

Posted December 24, 2011
Teachers here even assign homework (projects) for young kids to work on during winter break. Isn't it against Fremont Unified District School Regulations? No homework is supposed to be assigned on week-ends and holidays. This teacher always assign more homework on special dates such as Halloween-we were so busy preparing for Halloween but this teacher assigned more homework 'AS A PRESENT" to work on. My kid had to write more essay and Maths after "Trick or Treat" for homework due the next day after Halloween. This teacher has very bad manner too. I don't know why lots of the teachers at this school have such bad manner? If we complaint to the principal, she always push us out with bad manner.

Posted September 29, 2011
We moved from another part of Fremont and started this school just this year. I have to say we miss our old school in Fremont. While the STAR rating is high, it has nothing to do with this school and it's teachers. They cannot be more rude. The parents also aren't as friendly and while I agree the high STAR scores comes more with parent involvement than teachers, there is no sense of community from the parents at this school. They all go out for their own kid while kicking everyone else to the curb. There are a lot of tech industry parents here and maybe that kind of isolated world is what they are use to, but it really hurts I think in having the kids well-rounded. Most of my kids friends at school only see them at school. Most of their parents refuse after school or weekend play date requests.

Parkmont Elementary School
2601 Parkside Drive, Fremont, CA  94536
Last modified Parkmont Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Parkmont Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 74 reviews. Top