586 students|Fremont Unified

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Posted April 13, 2016
Good school with great teaching skills..Love the teachers way of teaching ..Expecting more growth in future..Kids love going to this school..It's fun along with good knowledge..

Patterson Elementary School 4

Posted January 11, 2016
My son has done very well academically at Patterson. The best thing about the school is the staff. Teachers, office staff and the principal are very supportive. There is a science lab and computer lab, as well as a PE class that students attend each week. Patterson is a great learning environment for the students, and we have experienced no problems with bullying. The school is relatively small so there is a family feel. Although I have heard that the district is building new classrooms on this campus and adding about 250 students next year due to the new developments in Fremont. The are a few negatives: 1) When kids get in trouble they may be put in timeout at recess and are not permitted to eat their snack. I don't think food should ever be used as punishment. Kids need this fuel in order to perform their best between breakfast and lunch. 2) Recess is too short 3) There is not enough staff in the cafeteria. The kids wait in line for a very long time to get their school lunch, and then have very little time left to actually eat once they sit down. Which is why recess is only about 10 minutes during lunchtime. Morning and afternoon recess is about 15 minutes. Despite these negatives, we have been overall very happy at Patterson.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted October 29, 2015
Compared to Cupertino(LP Collins) from where I just moved, the homework is very limited. It does help the child to stay focused as that age.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted October 29, 2015
They have this card system and it seems to really drive this home! Students get on the spot cards and my son is so happy to tell me what color almost daily!

Posted October 29, 2015
We just moved from Cupertino to North Gate and my only worry was school. It was only 1 week and my son says I like Patterson! The teacher is great and takes good care. The diversity is the best and is not just all Asians! The school is small and hence has less students. It helps is some ways but hence does not have clubs which I believe the school should start thinking. It should improve its technology use as well but not loose the personal touch!

Patterson Elementary School 1

Posted February 07, 2015
MY personal experience at Patterson was horrible. In my opinion, the principal is cold, distant and ineffective. I have seen and heard her say and do questionable things. There are a few great teachers there, but overall, they are tired and they just basically push worksheets all day. Also, some teachers talk so poorly about the students and their parents in the teacher's lounge IN FRONT OF VOLUNTEERS! Inappropriate. The main secretary C is possibly the rudest person I've had the pleasure of meeting. If she doesn't like her job or children I'm not sure why she stays (or why she hasn't been fired). I've seen her talk down and roll her eyes at students and their parents. The PTA can be snobby, know-it-alls. They have even talked about other members while working school events. This school needs an overhaul from top to bottom. We yanked our child out of that school as quickly as we could. He was over the moon with his new principal and staff. My child was making a's at Patterson but was almost 8 months behind at his new school (tells you how much they lack there). luckily, he was able to catch up. His new teacher also mocked Patterson's report cards and called them a joke.

Posted January 24, 2015
My son joined KG this school year and we are very pleased with the teaching and the overall school environment. Unlike some other schools in Fremont, Patterson has a slightly more diverse student body and this makes the learning experience more richer. My son loves attending this school and the new friends he has made at school. We also like the day care that is attached to the school making it very convenient for working parents.

Posted January 07, 2015
We are truly blessed that our son got the chance to attend Patterson Elementary. We have moved around a lot in the last few years and our son had the chance to attend some great schools in the bay area and Patterson is easily one of the best in our experience from the point of view of teaching quality. In particular, the computer lab is extraordinary. They also have the gifted and talented (GATE) program.

Posted October 18, 2014
This school is awesome i went their last year any kids who were bully s were token care immanently the teachers didn't wait for shy kids to get help with math they would just walk up to them and give them a quick privet lesson walking you threw everything I only had one mean teacher my entire 6 years take it from me because I went their and loved it! ps. some teacher tell their students to say that they were a mean teacher so then the bad kids won't test their kindness

Posted September 07, 2014
My son has been attending this school for last 3 years, he loves his school. Teachers are very caring, helpful and always interact with parents about their child development in study and other academic activities.

35521 Cabrillo Drive, Fremont, CA  94536-5499
Last modified Patterson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.