Fremont, CA

Patterson Elementary School 1

Posted February 07, 2015
MY personal experience at Patterson was horrible. In my opinion, the principal is cold, distant and ineffective. I have seen and heard her say and do questionable things. There are a few great teachers there, but overall, they are tired and they just basically push worksheets all day. Also, some teachers talk so poorly about the students and their parents in the teacher's lounge IN FRONT OF VOLUNTEERS! Inappropriate. The main secretary C is possibly the rudest person I've had the pleasure of meeting. If she doesn't like her job or children I'm not sure why she stays (or why she hasn't been fired). I've seen her talk down and roll her eyes at students and their parents. The PTA can be snobby, know-it-alls. They have even talked about other members while working school events. This school needs an overhaul from top to bottom. We yanked our child out of that school as quickly as we could. He was over the moon with his new principal and staff. My child was making a's at Patterson but was almost 8 months behind at his new school (tells you how much they lack there). luckily, he was able to catch up. His new teacher also mocked Patterson's report cards and called them a joke.

Posted January 24, 2015
My son joined KG this school year and we are very pleased with the teaching and the overall school environment. Unlike some other schools in Fremont, Patterson has a slightly more diverse student body and this makes the learning experience more richer. My son loves attending this school and the new friends he has made at school. We also like the day care that is attached to the school making it very convenient for working parents.

Posted January 07, 2015
We are truly blessed that our son got the chance to attend Patterson Elementary. We have moved around a lot in the last few years and our son had the chance to attend some great schools in the bay area and Patterson is easily one of the best in our experience from the point of view of teaching quality. In particular, the computer lab is extraordinary. They also have the gifted and talented (GATE) program.

Posted October 18, 2014
This school is awesome i went their last year any kids who were bully s were token care immanently the teachers didn't wait for shy kids to get help with math they would just walk up to them and give them a quick privet lesson walking you threw everything I only had one mean teacher my entire 6 years take it from me because I went their and loved it! ps. some teacher tell their students to say that they were a mean teacher so then the bad kids won't test their kindness

Posted September 07, 2014
My son has been attending this school for last 3 years, he loves his school. Teachers are very caring, helpful and always interact with parents about their child development in study and other academic activities.

Posted October 10, 2012
Good school with great caring staff. My son is attending 3rd grade. He is happy with his teacher and school.

Posted July 18, 2012
My both the kids simply love this school and staff. Facilities are also nice. Might be the only school in Fremont which shows movies every month for free through PTA funding. I enjoy PTA meetings here too.

Posted August 10, 2011
I live in the neighborhood and I'm really concerned about the graffitti I see on the schools fences (the blue fences) and the park sign that is just next to the school. If this is happening repeatedly, it means that whatever is being done to control this activity is not working, and something greater steps need to be taken to find those individuals who are causing this problem. This problem will continue to affects home values and also the schools rating ultimately. There are at least 4 homes in the area that are not selling right now. Westridge is similar to neighboring subdivisions Northgate, Walnut Glen, Nicolet, or Brookvale; yet the elementary school ratings have a huge influence on the property values in each of these neighborhoods, and there is a large discrepancy in values due to the schools rating.

Posted April 24, 2011
2010-2011 was the last year for my daughter in this school she loved all her teachers untill she came to her last year ,evry day when she comes home she tells me about her day, she said that her teacher used bad language (cussed0 in front of her students. When i heard this i was in shock and then one of the parents told the princible about it and my daughter told me there were rumors that this might of been her teachers last year in that school overall a good school, just ask your child what happend in school and you should be fine.and they should do more to raise money.

Patterson Elementary School 1

Posted September 15, 2010
her temperature was a whooping 105 degrees. She said she had a migraine and the sent her into the nurse's room and the secretary took 10 minutes. just to help her and SHE WAS VOMITING. she turned out to have food poisoning FROM THE UNCOOKED CHICKEN IN THE CAFETERIA.

Patterson Elementary School
35521 Cabrillo Drive, Fremont, CA  94536
Last modified Patterson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Patterson Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top