Bad
Good

We moved here from out of area last year. Every experience from day one has been pleasant and professional. The teacher she had the first year made sure that she felt comfortable and facilitated making those connections that new students sometimes miss out on. The office staff was well organized, welcoming and informative and the students that I saw were all polite and seemed to take pride in their school. I can't thank River Bluff enough for making the transition easy for my family and for creating an environment that helped my student thrive.

This school has too many young teachers that lack teaching experience. Also, the teachers are constantly moving between grades. Out of 5 years, my daughter had 3 teachers that were pregnant and that left her with substitute teachers for the remaining months of the school year. I would say that the 1-4th grades have the worst teachers and 5 and 6th have the more experienced teachers. The principal seems very enthusiastic.

We have had to put our child into the public school system here at River Bluff due to finances. Coming from a private parochial school, we are disappointed to see the lack of interest portrayed by the administration and teachers as well as the lack of control in the classroom. I feel I am doing my son a horrible injustice and it deeply troubles me. Quite disappointed, however the school is beautiful.

After moving here from another country, I can say I am extremely please with how the treated my daughter, got her reading, speaking and writing, by the end of the year she became a straight A student, and still is after 1 year. Couldnt be more please with the teachers, staff and principle whom greets the children and many parents too. they have gone way above and beyond in my eyes! GO RB

River Bluff and Central Unified has been very disappointing. Teachers seem to be more worried about when the next holiday is than how our children are progressing. It would be one thing if one teacher was like this, but the lack of interest is apparent in both our childrens' teachers and the administration of River Bluff. We are very disappointed and are seeing if it is possible to have our children attend Clovis Unified schools.

My son moved from Clovis Unified to River Bluff. It is unfortunate, but the schools do not compare; partly due parent/teacher communication. Our son was much more movtivated to learn in Clovis.

I expected a lot more out of River Bluff being such a new school with students coming from the newest developed area of the district. We definitely see a very big difference in the higher expectations, support, planning, and results from a similar school in Clovis. The organization and structure needs improvement in Central, but I think they will improve. They have a long way to go to produce the results you continuously see from schools throughout Clovis Unified.

My son attended this school for kindergarten and did exceptionally well. Then we moved to Clovis and he attended a Clovis school for the first 3 months of first grade. It was so horrible that we moved all the way back to our old neighborhood so that he could get back into River Bluff. We love this school!

This school has gone out of its way to make sure my special needs child has everything he will need to be a successful and productive student. Thank you River Bluff!!

Last modified River Bluff Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.