James S. Fugman Elementary School 2

Posted September 10, 2013
My son just started at this school and I can see that they do get enough funding and parent participation, which in turn shows in their high scores however their ability to integrate special needs children into the mainstream is lacking. This school, as several parents reported, isn't built around helping students that need a bit of extra attention to be able to excel. My son is academically way above the norm for his class however I find him being left to his own devices. He does require some special accommodations which I found to be met with resistance. I was looked at more like the overprotective parent than an informed & educated parent of my son. Great school if your child fits the mold.

Posted November 20, 2012
Easily the best school in CUSD. Known for excellence in academics, sports and extracurricular activities. Very responsive teachers, principal and administration.

James S. Fugman Elementary School 1

Posted October 19, 2011
Too bad they don't put any effort into bringing good teachers to special ed like they do with other teachers at this school. Was basically just bringing my child to daycare since there was no teaching going on, and we were bullied by special ed department for years before we pulled out. Principal even told us we couldn't park in areas that the law says we can with handicap placard, and some of the regular ed teachers said they didn't want my daughter in kindergarten graduation department because other kids would be "confused" by her. Mostly just a very sad situation with Clovis Unified's entire special ed program.

Posted May 31, 2011
Fugman elementary has a great learning environment and we find that the teachers are excellent making sure that all children are learning and no one is left behind. Besides providing the best level of support for some students that need help and attention.

James S. Fugman Elementary School 0

Posted March 09, 2009
Very well run school. Teachers work to get students full potential. Support staff is polite. Library is staff is phenominal!

James S. Fugman Elementary School 0

Posted December 02, 2008
The teachers and staff members are very devoted and their efforts are highly admirable. All the activities are very well organized and the school system really keeps them going smoothly.

Posted October 01, 2008

Posted May 26, 2008
Outstanding school. High quality teachers, amazingly competent and dedicated principal and fantastic parent involvement make this one of California's top elementary schools.

James S. Fugman Elementary School 3

Posted May 25, 2008

Posted January 24, 2008
Great school. good sports. But needs some better CC events.

James S. Fugman Elementary School
10825 N Cedar Ave, Fresno, CA  93730
Last modified James S. Fugman Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
James S. Fugman Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top