Fresno, CA

Posted June 13, 2014
I have two children at Yokomi one going into fourth and one going into first. Both of my children started with Yokomi in Kinder. We have been extremely happy at Yokomi. All of the teachers are amazing and engaging. My son has grown so much and has found a love for science that is so important. The way the teachers team teach is incredible. I have never in 4 years had a single problem with contacting a teacher and having any concerns of mine go unanswered. I my be bias since I have been a PTA board member for 4 years. Two of which I was the president. I have to say that Yokomi is only a ten year old school and when my oldest started there 4 years ago there was not a strong PTA. With any a year of rebuilding the PTA we were able to crest a stronger board and a larger parent following. Over the past four years we have grown and we do many fundraisers and community events. Our monthly new letter is very informative as well as our Facebook page.

Akira Yokomi Elementary School 1

Posted June 12, 2014
The special ed staff was horrible. I had to take my child out of the school because i could not get the accommodations my child needed. After fighting with them for 2 years i finally decided to take both my children out of the school. It was the best decision i made.

Akira Yokomi Elementary School 2

Posted June 12, 2014
I removed my daughter from Yokomi after several attempts to put her in their after school program which they said was a lottery system. When asked if i could attend the lottery they said no. I noticed staff had first priority. Is there a PTA? I also felt the school did not have any after school events like most schools. No father daughter dance or mother son dance no fall carnival or cultural nights. 2014 was there first donuts with dad , muffin with mom event, no talent show nothing! Teachers are not united and stay united only within their grade level. Only good i can say is their Science program.

Posted April 18, 2014
I have 4 children, my oldest who now attends computech started at yokomi when it first opened, she was in kindergarten. My 8 year old who now is a third grader and my son who now is in kindergarten and my baby boy who will be attending when he's 4. This school is so awesome, the teachers and staff are all so great and nice. I couldn't ask for a better school. There's just so many great things to say about this school. They really listen and are always there for anything you need. My kids love their school so much.. I will always recommend this school to everyone. :) thanks yokomi

Posted September 11, 2013
This school is a great school even though my son started the 4th grade we felt so comfortable. Great Administrators, great support staff and great teachers. This school is awesome. The RSP teachers are so great with the kids they give such great care in knowing that my child would be safe there and I just love this campus. Yokomi Rocks

Posted September 03, 2013
I have 2 sons, 3 nieces and a nephew all attending Yokomi right now. I absolutely love t there! When my sons first started going to Yokomi, It was meant for them only to attend there until they were able to get into Manchester Gate, But, when they qualified to attend Manchester, we couldn't leave Yokomi! It's a phenomenal school! And I'm so thankful to the staff, teachers and everyone who has put in all the work to make it such a wonderful place to learn!

Posted August 29, 2013
Each of my three children have attended Yokomi and we could not be more honored! This school is a true gem located in the heart of downtown Fresno and the Science and Technology program is leaps and bounds ahead of most Fresno schools. The staff, whether it be administration, teaching staff or classified, go above and beyond on a daily basis. We love that science is incorporated into every school day and not an extra subject wedged in when time permits. The residents from the UCSF Extension partner up with our school and mentor and provide additional educational opportunities for our students via avenues to get the kids excited about learning. From the bi-annual Science Fairs, Art Hop, Movie Nights, Spring and Fall Book Fairs, this school has it all! Yokomi is very clean, graffiti free and the students respect the campus immensely. I highly encourage anyone looking for an exceptional K-8 school to schedule a school tour!

Posted August 28, 2013
My son is in the 5th grade. He has attended Yokomi since kindergarten. He loves both science and technology. Yokomi is great because they regularly have labs and science fairs which keep my son engaged. We attend every movie night Yokomi has and we have a great time. Yes the area isn't the best but the school is nice, clean and the staff is really great. I always recommend Yokomi.

Posted January 29, 2013
Where to begin.....the staff is amazing, the after school program rocks, the PTA works really hard & the office staff is extremely helpful!! This school is beautiful, new, modern and respected. The ONLY negative is that this school is a K thru 6th grade. :( A special thank you to Ms. Stuart, who is always available and responds to emails within hour(s) with thoughtful answers filled with positive guidance!

Posted August 09, 2009

Akira Yokomi Elementary School
2323 East Mckenzie, Fresno, CA  93701
Last modified Akira Yokomi Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Akira Yokomi Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top