Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted November 24, 2015
Yes. They talk to the students with respect and allow them to try to solve their own problems. I always hear them encourage them and make them feel special

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted November 24, 2015
When my childs grandmother passed away, the school took initiative to get her into school counseling. They also did the same when her best friend tragically passed away. They even gave me support services for myself. They are a caring school. They care about their students and families.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted November 24, 2015
Whenever there are situations, i am always notified. The school is not in the best neighborhood, but the staff makes sure every child is safe and accounted for. The school is a gem.

Akira Yokomi Elementary School 5

Posted November 24, 2015
Staff are friendly, caring and handle situations professionally. You can tell they all care about the students. Its a family atmosphere.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted November 24, 2015
I want to say thank you and let Mr Telle know how grateful Yokomi is to have a principal such as you. The way you greet every child by name and make them feel special is amazing. I feel the way to successfully engage children in learning begins with an inviting environment, in which you create. My child loves coming to school; she loves being part of the Yokomi Family. Thank you for encouraging not only my child, but all of the children. You always have something positive to say to each child and genuinely care about their well being. Thank you for making sure my child was emotionally ok when my mother and her best friend passed away... And thank you for checking on me! A family is only as good as its leader... Yokomi is one great family!

Akira Yokomi Elementary School 2

Posted October 21, 2015
I agree with another parent not much activities in the school. Their science is the best part of the school. My son receives special ed services and the teacher seem very lazy and doesn't have the heart in teaching. Seriously thinking of removing him.

Akira Yokomi Elementary School 3

Posted September 28, 2015
This school is in a horrible neighborhood. it often goes on lock down because of the crime surrounded by the campus. Although the school offers science daily there was nothing different than any other school. The vice principle is very rude and mean with the children. My sons teacher would never return my calls or emails. I had to get the principle involved.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted September 28, 2015
I had a complaint to the principle and he told me he would look into my issue. After several email request for a update he never returned my emails.

Akira Yokomi Elementary School 5

Posted June 13, 2014
I have two children at Yokomi one going into fourth and one going into first. Both of my children started with Yokomi in Kinder. We have been extremely happy at Yokomi. All of the teachers are amazing and engaging. My son has grown so much and has found a love for science that is so important. The way the teachers team teach is incredible. I have never in 4 years had a single problem with contacting a teacher and having any concerns of mine go unanswered. I my be bias since I have been a PTA board member for 4 years. Two of which I was the president. I have to say that Yokomi is only a ten year old school and when my oldest started there 4 years ago there was not a strong PTA. With any a year of rebuilding the PTA we were able to crest a stronger board and a larger parent following. Over the past four years we have grown and we do many fundraisers and community events. Our monthly new letter is very informative as well as our Facebook page.

Akira Yokomi Elementary School 1

Posted June 12, 2014
The special ed staff was horrible. I had to take my child out of the school because i could not get the accommodations my child needed. After fighting with them for 2 years i finally decided to take both my children out of the school. It was the best decision i made.

2323 East Mckenzie, Fresno, CA  93701-2221
Last modified Akira Yokomi Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.