Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly agree

Whenever there are situations, i am always notified. The school is not in the best neighborhood, but the staff makes sure every child is safe and accounted for. The school is a gem.

Staff are friendly, caring and handle situations professionally. You can tell they all care about the students. Its a family atmosphere.

I agree with another parent not much activities in the school. Their science is the best part of the school. My son receives special ed services and the teacher seem very lazy and doesn't have the heart in teaching. Seriously thinking of removing him.

This school is in a horrible neighborhood. it often goes on lock down because of the crime surrounded by the campus. Although the school offers science daily there was nothing different than any other school. The vice principle is very rude and mean with the children. My sons teacher would never return my calls or emails. I had to get the principle involved.

Develops character: Neutral

I had a complaint to the principle and he told me he would look into my issue. After several email request for a update he never returned my emails.

I have two children at Yokomi one going into fourth and one going into first. Both of my children started with Yokomi in Kinder. We have been extremely happy at Yokomi. All of the teachers are amazing and engaging. My son has grown so much and has found a love for science that is so important. The way the teachers team teach is incredible. I have never in 4 years had a single problem with contacting a teacher and having any concerns of mine go unanswered. I my be bias since I have been a PTA board member for 4 years. Two of which I was the president. I have to say that Yokomi is only a ten year old school and when my oldest started there 4 years ago there was not a strong PTA. With any a year of rebuilding the PTA we were able to crest a stronger board and a larger parent following. Over the past four years we have grown and we do many fundraisers and community events. Our monthly new letter is very informative as well as our Facebook page.

The special ed staff was horrible. I had to take my child out of the school because i could not get the accommodations my child needed. After fighting with them for 2 years i finally decided to take both my children out of the school. It was the best decision i made.

I have 4 children, my oldest who now attends computech started at yokomi when it first opened, she was in kindergarten. My 8 year old who now is a third grader and my son who now is in kindergarten and my baby boy who will be attending when he's 4. This school is so awesome, the teachers and staff are all so great and nice. I couldn't ask for a better school. There's just so many great things to say about this school. They really listen and are always there for anything you need. My kids love their school so much.. I will always recommend this school to everyone. :) thanks yokomi

Yokomi is the Best school. I love to have my two daughters there. Zero bulling excellent teacher.

This school is a great school even though my son started the 4th grade we felt so comfortable. Great Administrators, great support staff and great teachers. This school is awesome. The RSP teachers are so great with the kids they give such great care in knowing that my child would be safe there and I just love this campus. Yokomi Rocks

Last modified Akira Yokomi Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.