Posted September 28, 2014
This school is a safe place for children. I appreciate that they have full time security person there. He keeps a good eye on things and looks for ways to make the school safer. If there is an issue you can go to anyone on the staff and they will find a way to help. Thank you VPA!

Valley Preparatory Academy Charter School 2

Posted May 22, 2014
This school started out very well, we absolutely loved it! We loved the small class sizes, the teachers and the fact that behavior was considered important. However, the school has started to lose it's original purpose in lieu of worrying about their popluarity and how many more students they can enroll. If they would remember their purpose and try to keep the students and teachers that have been there for a long itme there then this school would go back up to where it once was. There have been too many incidents that have gone overlooked, personally and with close friends children at the school. And the fact that their academics are slipping. That is why we're not going to re-enroll our kids this year.

Posted April 30, 2014
Valley Prep is one of the best schools I have had the privilege to teach at throughout California. The administration is supportive to both teachers and students. Curriculum is continually being updated to stay in line with the Common Core objectives. At Valley Prep a culture of "caring" is enhanced through our "Character Counts" program. Valley Prep now includes a Visual Art elective class for every student.

Posted April 29, 2014
So thankful for Valley Prep!! My child has attended since Kindergarten, and is currently in Jr. High. This school has been such a blessing! The teachers are some of the most dedicated, hard working, stay after hours teachers I know. They have always been very approachable and willing to help in anyway. My child has had some struggles along the way, but the teachers have been helpful and given great advice, and been very honest with us as parents. We've been able to see improvement with our child because of this. I've talked with the staff and administration. They work hard to make improvements each year. The principal takes her job serious and addresses matters quickly when pertaining to her students. Her students come first. It's all about the kids. The staff works hard to communicate with the parents. We love the phone calls. We are looking forward to another great year at Valley Prep!!

Valley Preparatory Academy Charter School 4

Posted April 29, 2014
I think this is a great school. The teachers are great and the classes are small. The students look forward to going to school. I have seen my child progress academically dramatically. I love the fact that they have a security guard and nurse on campus. It would be great if they were full time and on campus at all school hours. If it weren't for them not being there at all times they would have the 5 stars. I think they are both a great addition this school. My mind is at ease with my child's safety and health being taken care of. I recommend this school to all parents.

Posted April 28, 2014
Valley Prep believes a positive attitude empowers learning. Valley Prep believes in connecting students to their passion. Valley Prep believes character is caught more than taught. Valley Prep believes building learning on fundamentals. Valley Prep believes in creating awesome memories in activities. Valley Prep believes the best lessons are learned in service. Valley Prep believes in leadership opportunity for students. Valley prep believes every student is a diamond in the rough.

Valley Preparatory Academy Charter School 1

Posted April 04, 2014
The worst in education. My child consistently makes the honor roll but lacks academic fundamentals. Likewise, my child's standardized test scores often fall below the state minimums. My child said that the teacher was reading the answers the state exams aloud to the class during the exams. The faculty is underqualified, and more concerned with their own popularity among the students than the classroom instruction. My child says they have events like kool-aid day and are often rewarded with candy. Teacher feedback is limited as they fail to schedule-parent teacher conferences and often "forget" to invite parents. I've witnessed chaos in the classroom with all children out of their seats, throwing things, pushing each other, and yelling. Attendance and discipline policies go unenforced. VPA does not abide by FUSD policies as it should as an institution chartered under the FUSD umbrella. VPA's charter should be heavily scrutinized and probably suspended. The leadership of VPA is more concerned with its reputation as a business than its duty to children. VPA parents have big heads thinking that its a private school, when it isn't, and the quality of education there is poor.

Valley Preparatory Academy Charter School 3

Posted April 04, 2014
Very disappointed in this school.. I currently have kids attending this school and for the most part it is a good school. However recently a incident took place involving one of my children and another child who that made a VERY inappropriate comments towards my child.. The comment made was a tier 3 (zero tolerance) offence according to the schools student handbook "most tier 3 and some tier 2 offenses are punishable by expulsion." But yet in our case for whatever reason the student wasn't even suspended. After a meeting with the principal seeking some answers as to why this student wasnt at least suspended I was given no answers.. Hours after the meeting I did some researcand that was when I found the schools policy on what had happened. I sent a email to the principal asking why the situation wasn't handled according to their school handbook and to my surprise I received no response.. The comments made would make any Father/parent furious as it did to me.. And I feel that the school didn't take it as serious as I did or as it should have according to their student handbook. Considering a different school for next year.

Valley Preparatory Academy Charter School 1

Posted April 02, 2014
I had heard really good things about this school from a friend so I took my daughter out of public school to send her to vpa. The first year was just okay but this year has been really bad. The curriculum is watered down a lot but it has to be because most of the students are so behind in their in their education. The overall character of most of the students is poor at best. I've had several situations with my daughter and other students this year and when I bring it up to her teacher or staff it is brushed off as nothing. If you're looking for a good school for your child, I would definitely recommend you look somewhere else!

Posted September 09, 2013
VPA is the best. I have had three children at the school. They have great teachers, including an art teacher, a music teacher and a PE teacher. The after school program has improved this year. My kids love it. Now we just need a Winter/Christmas program!

Valley Preparatory Academy Charter School
4221 North Hughes, Fresno, CA  93705
Last modified Valley Preparatory Academy Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Valley Preparatory Academy Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top