Public charter
Fresno, CA

Posted November 24, 2014
I have been a parent at Valley Prep for 7 years. The teachers at Valley Prep are energetic, caring, dedicated and top notch! The administration is always seeking ways to better the atmosphere of the learning environment. They take a genuine interest in knowing each child and helping them succeed.

Posted November 24, 2014
My grandchildren attended VPA and were very blessed by their educational experience there. An excellent school.

Posted November 23, 2014
We love this school! Highly recommend this school to anyone who feels their child needs a quality education. The transitional kindergarten teacher is wonderful.

Posted November 23, 2014
I can't think of a better place for my daughter! Character really is key. The staff and parent involvement is awesome!

Posted November 23, 2014
Since my grandchildren have flourished since they're arrival....the smaller classrooms and more individual attention has helped them academically. The teachers are exceptional I appreciated the work Ms. Mayoral, Ms. Kirby, Ms.Rivera did with my gbabies; now they're in Mr. Hodges and Ms. Mackins classes & I'm hearing the same enthusiasm and excitement about "their" school VPA and teaches. Thank you VPA staff for all your handwork and commitment to our children. Joyce C McIntosh-Thompson, LCSW

Valley Preparatory Academy Charter School 1

Posted October 25, 2014
Every other day parents are begged of school supplies, teachers do the least care of kids...attention is paid to those children who bring good supplies! The technology is way behind from public schools! Not at all a good school...

Posted September 28, 2014
This school is a safe place for children. I appreciate that they have full time security person there. He keeps a good eye on things and looks for ways to make the school safer. If there is an issue you can go to anyone on the staff and they will find a way to help. Thank you VPA!

Valley Preparatory Academy Charter School 2

Posted May 22, 2014
This school started out very well, we absolutely loved it! We loved the small class sizes, the teachers and the fact that behavior was considered important. However, the school has started to lose it's original purpose in lieu of worrying about their popluarity and how many more students they can enroll. If they would remember their purpose and try to keep the students and teachers that have been there for a long itme there then this school would go back up to where it once was. There have been too many incidents that have gone overlooked, personally and with close friends children at the school. And the fact that their academics are slipping. That is why we're not going to re-enroll our kids this year.

Posted April 30, 2014
Valley Prep is one of the best schools I have had the privilege to teach at throughout California. The administration is supportive to both teachers and students. Curriculum is continually being updated to stay in line with the Common Core objectives. At Valley Prep a culture of "caring" is enhanced through our "Character Counts" program. Valley Prep now includes a Visual Art elective class for every student.

Posted April 29, 2014
So thankful for Valley Prep!! My child has attended since Kindergarten, and is currently in Jr. High. This school has been such a blessing! The teachers are some of the most dedicated, hard working, stay after hours teachers I know. They have always been very approachable and willing to help in anyway. My child has had some struggles along the way, but the teachers have been helpful and given great advice, and been very honest with us as parents. We've been able to see improvement with our child because of this. I've talked with the staff and administration. They work hard to make improvements each year. The principal takes her job serious and addresses matters quickly when pertaining to her students. Her students come first. It's all about the kids. The staff works hard to communicate with the parents. We love the phone calls. We are looking forward to another great year at Valley Prep!!

Valley Preparatory Academy Charter School
4221 North Hughes, Fresno, CA  93705
Last modified Valley Preparatory Academy Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Valley Preparatory Academy Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top