Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Morris E. Dailey Charter Elementary School 1

Posted March 09, 2016
We have been at Daily since 2nd grade. That year was good. This year terrible! Last week I proudly took my son and daughter our and we are heading down the street to Hamilton. My kids we tested for Manchester and passed. We are in the enrichment class and the work is so more challenging and the kids have time to play and can be involved in sports. Daily does not have activities after school, campus club. They do random activities from pinterest and have the science mobile there but so does other school. Daily just got a new faculty and staff. All young teachers not very experienced. They think they are elite but really don't offer anything better than any other school.

Posted November 10, 2015
My son has been attending Dailey Charter for the past 3 years and we, including our son, are extremely pleased with the school. The curriculum, teachers, and staff are second to none. I am very involved at Dailey in the classroom and at school events and I have always felt that parent participation is not only appreciated but definitely encouraged by the staff. I believe they do an excellent job at communicating with parents. I have received texts messages, emails, and even pictures from teachers and staff. The monthly Director's Chat and Parent Volunteer Committee meetings are another great way to stay informed and share ideas as well as concerns. Our family has been truly satisfied with the high academic and behavioral standards, the dedicated teachers and staff, and the overall atmosphere of Dailey Charter School.

Posted March 24, 2015
I am an experienced, dedicated, compassionate, and knowledgeable educator who has been proudly teaching at Dailey Charter from the start. Dailey Charter is, without a doubt, an incredible school that succeeds in teaching the whole child by providing unique learning experiences each day. Every staff member believes in children and holds each and every child, as well as themselves, to a high standard. Our scholars take great pride in being Dailey Dragons and exude confidence, kindness, and a sincere love of learning. Each day, I am amazed by my students desire to make a difference in the world. Dailey Charter was built on a foundation of quality instruction, rigor, respect, and open-mindedness for all people. I am so grateful for the opportunity to teach at Dailey Charter and wish all kids received the same educational experiences that our dragons receive every day, every hour, every minute.

Posted March 23, 2015
Dailey Charter is all around amazing and above the rest. As part of my paid profession, I am in local schools all over the Valley working with teachers and administrators to better their schools. I see nothing that comes close to comparing to the academic challenges, supportive staff and dedicated, COMMITTED, knowledgeable teachers that Dailey provides. If you are in doubt, go visit another school and then come to Dailey. The difference will be immediately obvious. I also want to note that we had some concerns about our daughters' self-esteem and confidence when she entered school two years ago. She is now in second grade and a bright, eager, well-spoken young lady. People often congratulate my husband and I on our daughter and how she communicates so clearly with adults. I attribute this solely to Dailey and their loving, patient teachers who have only ever had the best of intentions with my children. Thank you, Dailey Charter, for EVERYTHING you have done for our family.

Posted March 15, 2015
I am disheartened by some of the negative comments about Dailey Charter. In fact, I had to do a double take to make sure I was reading reviews about the correct school! I have been an extremely happy parent at Dailey since it reopened as a charter in 2010. Dailey is not a Fresno Unified school and does not run under the exact guidelines/programs of an FUSD school. However, Dailey Charter DOES comply with education codes and state standards! To imply otherwise is absolutely ridiculous and irresponsible. English Language Learners ARE tested and students DO have breaks (15 min in the a.m., 30 min for lunch, and 10 min in the p.m). I have spent 5 years and countless hours volunteering in my child's classrooms, participating in events, and even helping in the office and I'm continually impressed by the respectful, fun, hard working, and kind staff. On many occasions, I have witnessed educators from other districts, near and far, tour Dailey to see the incredible things the teachers are doing for our kids. From what I can see, Dailey is paving the way for all students by providing innovative learning experiences. My child has grown academically and socially during our time at Dailey!

Posted March 14, 2015
As a parent of a third grade student, I am not only surprised, but more appalled by the misinformation and uneducated views of certain parents. From kindergarten, our family has been nothing but pleased by the high academic and behavioral standards, the amazing teachers and staff, and the overall atmosphere of the school. I have an extremely shy third grader who comes home every day and tells me all the new things she has learned. She has struggled multiple times with assignments here and there since starting Dailey (writing was a major struggle) and each teacher I either e-mailed or met with had multiple options on how to make my student successful. If parents are having an extremely difficult time at Dailey, enough to complain and post negative comments about a truly remarkable learning institution, maybe the problem doesn't come from the school. From day one, Ms. Dutra told all kindergarten parents that Dailey is a school of choice. If it isn't a correct fit for you, you have a choice to take your student elsewhere. I will always be a Dailey supporter!

Posted March 10, 2015
Y child has been going to Dailey for four years and we love the school. I'm sad to read the previous posts, because the information is completely false. Dailey is a all about their students. My family has been in education for many years and we have never found a school that is so focused on students. Admin knows each child by name and welcomes them every morning. The teachers work extra hard to bring hands on learning experiences to each child. Dailey welcomes and supports every child. They do teach at grade level and above, which is perfect for our family. They also have very high be anion standards so kids can focus on learning, which is awesome. Dailey has made my kids thinkers and problem solvers. The other day my daughter was doing her homework and my middle school niece could not believe the things she was working on. I am blown away everyday at the vocabulary and discussions we can have as a family because of this amazing school. It is a school of choice and I'm so glad, because it is the perfect fit for my family!

Morris E. Dailey Charter Elementary School 2

Posted February 26, 2015
Dailys IB curriculum is none less than first rate, My son Graduated top 20 and valedictorian of Fresno High and I am familiar with its exceptional, "conceptual learning format. it is the answer for many 'dumb smart kids" IB teaches academic real life application.. HOWEVER.. Daily gets 2 thumbs down for Its director/ principal Ms Trevino who if she does not like the student will rail road the child to get them expelled. My kindergartener Does have behavior problems, but the school did not and will not work towards finding solutions. and Admin wants to exert supreme power over the parents. Their attitude is we don't have and don't need to have extra resources or programs. IB is fantastic, The curriculum is fantastic, But the teachers and staff cant seem to control a 5 year old child. . I have told them what works with my daughter and they refuse to do the same but have zero solutions or input. The director held a SST meeting and called me into it without ever telling me the nature of the meeting.....I will be filing a complaint this week with every governmental agency appropriate. Charter is not above the law...

Posted January 28, 2015
Dailey is a great fit for our daughter. I'm saddened by the trash talk of some parents for we have never had an issue with anyone or thing with Dailey. I think all the trash talk stems from hurt and disappointment because Dailey did not work out for their children, but I see that no reason to lash out and label everyone and everything about the school in such a nasty and condescending way. I would say, if you are considering Dailey, it would be best to talk with other parents of children who are presenting attending the school. My daughter has been at Dailey for 3 years and all her teachers are wonderful and experienced. The class sizes are small and the material is taught in a hands on fashion which reminds me of the Montessori method. We love Dailey and the great mix of cultures at the school.

Morris E. Dailey Charter Elementary School 4

Posted December 04, 2014
Teachers are fantastic. They go above and beyond to insure student success. School is very rigorous & it is unfortunate that parent may find it difficult to obtain IEP services for their child(ren) who may require additional support. Due to limited funding/support services on campus, parents with students who struggle have to pay for private tutoring services to insure child(ren) are able to keep up with academic expectations. There has been a recent increase in assessment testing (Fresno Unified assessment, Smart Balance, NWEA & CELDT ). School has specialty classes Spanish, art, pe and music which you may not find at other schools. School does not have transportation or after school program. School day is 745-345 pm for 1st-5th grade.

Morris E. Dailey Charter Elementary School
3135 North Harrison Avenue, Fresno, CA  93704
Last modified Morris E. Dailey Charter Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.