Morris E. Dailey Charter Elementary School 1

Posted December 14, 2014
Dailey is not much better than any other school.Last year a boy told my 1st grade daughter she had hairy legs.She came home crying, demanding I buy her a razor.I did and in 1st grade my kid shaves her legs!They barely get a recess and lunch is hardly 15 minutes.Dailey is a school you have to know someone to get in.You can put a council member on your application and they will admit you.We got in and were never on a waiting list after we said we knew someone on the board.we have never spoken to the person.They don't have AR reading like other schools.English learners are NOT tested and accounted for in API scores.Comparing charters to regular public schools is like comparing apple oranges.You kid can not be tested for manchester gate if at daily.If Daily was not a charter all those kids not in the local area would be referred back to their local school.2nd grade parents complain their kids are reading Charlie and the chocolate factory and Holes.those are high level "interest individual" books, not group lesson books because some kids can't grasp the book level.Charlotte's Web is a 2nd grade book, majority of schools read

Morris E. Dailey Charter Elementary School 4

Posted December 04, 2014
Teachers are fantastic. They go above and beyond to insure student success. School is very rigorous & it is unfortunate that parent may find it difficult to obtain IEP services for their child(ren) who may require additional support. Due to limited funding/support services on campus, parents with students who struggle have to pay for private tutoring services to insure child(ren) are able to keep up with academic expectations. There has been a recent increase in assessment testing (Fresno Unified assessment, Smart Balance, NWEA & CELDT ). School has specialty classes Spanish, art, pe and music which you may not find at other schools. School does not have transportation or after school program. School day is 745-345 pm for 1st-5th grade.

Posted May 02, 2014
As a parent who has 2 children that have been attending Dailey Charter since opening, I can honestly tell you this is one of the best schools in Fresno. This charter school in only 1 of 2 schools in ALL of Fresno that was awarded The California Distinguished Schools Award for its excellent academic standards. The low reviews given to this school take with a grain of salt. This is the ONLY IB ( International Baccalaureate ) elementary school in Fresno for a reason. These parents cry their kid was awesome in "regular", then bring their kid here and find they cant keep up. They are right Dailey doesn't provide all the tutors and after school mentoring. Its a fasted pace school and children cant afford to fall behind. The ones that do, their parents realize that "regular" school probably thrie best bet. Not all kids are IB material. This isn't the place if you are looking for an easy ride. Here at Dailey Charter your kids will get not only the academic growth needed but the personal growth as well. They foster an environment which includes attributes that make your child not only a scholar but a great human being. All and all, Dailey has great staff and is a great school.

Morris E. Dailey Charter Elementary School 1

Posted March 16, 2014
This is a small elitist school that doesn't reflect the multicultural and differently abled world we live in. We found too many stressed out kids,stressed out teachers and desperate parents who thought their children had ADHD because they didn't fit into mould. Not enough creativity, too much emphasis on letter grades, extra long school day, lots of homework, left us not enough quality family time on weekdays. The administration can be mean spirited when challenged and Looking for a happier, healthy balance for our darlings.

Posted September 24, 2013
As the saying goes, sometimes you don't know what you have until you've lost it. That is exactly how my 1st grader and I are feeling at the moment after I did not re-enroll my son at Dailey and enrolled him at a highly rated Clovis school for first grade! I knew that Dailey Charter was leaps and bounds better than the Fresno Public school my son would have attended for kinder but because of their reputations I was under the assumption that Clovis schools would be about on par with Dailey......I couldn't have been more wrong! The work he is doing as a first grader at this Clovis school is sad in comparison to what he was accomplishing and learning at Dailey. He is literally doing work that he was doing halfway through his Kinder year at Dailey!!! At back to school night we learned they would not be learning clocks or money, which he already learned in Kinder!! Also, I had great communication with my son's Kinder teacher at Dailey and she was extremely responsive via email but unfortunately we are not seeing the same level of communication currently. I can not wait to re-enroll my son at Dailey, but am going to basically do another lesson plan at home everyday to keep him up to speed

Posted August 29, 2013
I love Dailey my daughter has gone there since day one. She was getting bored in class so they tested her and started giving her classwork of the next grade up. To challange her and she still kept up on everything. I do agree on one persons review they should test students to see if they qualify for an advanced school cuz I had a family member whose kid did go here should've stayed at a regular school. That way they don't feel bad when everyone is getting 100% and advanced on star testing and they are failing.

Posted August 15, 2013
My son will be starting his third year at Dailey on Monday. We LOVE this school. The teachers are enthusiastic and friendly. There in NO teacher burn-out here! My son has some anxiety issues, especially in social settings, and Dailey has been wonderful for this. He is now very comfortable speaking in front of an entire class of students, which is amazing. The curriculum is advanced. Students are typically taught about one grade level higher. His K teacher admitted that when she taught in a public school, the students were done a disservice because the teachers didn't even attempt to teach advanced concepts. I find that with Dailey's creative curriculum, the work never feels rote or prescribed. The students get to explore many topics AND they get to come up with creative ways to implement what they have learned. With regards to the people below who stated that the staff and teachers are unfriendly or unresponsive - this could not be more inaccurate. The principal/director greets every kid by name! Emails to my son's teachers were always responded to by end of day. And parents are definitely encouraged to help out ON CAMPUS by volunteering in the classroom and at events! LOVE Dailey!

Posted June 12, 2013
I am extremely pleased with my families experiance so far at Dailey. My son will be in the second grade next year. He LOVES school, thanks to the amazing staff and students at Dailey. I have had no problems with this school. The teachers and staff are great. My son is getting one of if not the best education offered in Fresno. The campus is very safe and I feel confident that my son is being well educated and watched over when he his at school. I would recommend Dailey! Dailey Charter is an amazing school and worth driving out of my way every morning :)

Morris E. Dailey Charter Elementary School 2

Posted May 01, 2013
We are disappointed by the practices at Dailey Charter School and hoped for more in IB PYP. This is a public charter school and any child is eligible to attend. This is not a school for gifted learners and there is no test to get in, but administration will discourage English Learners and students with disbilities from applying by saying the program is accelerated. The truth is Dailey Charter is no more accelerated than the rest of FUSD grade level standards are finished early so students are ready for CST. Daileystudents are given way too much test prep throughout the year. The teaching staff is mostly white, female and inexperienced.. Not one teacher has their own school aged children, so they don't understand what a hectic family life is like and seem callous when assigning homework. The teachers have PE on their daily schedules but it's rare that classes actually go out for PE instruction. When issues arise, the administration is defensive.No additional support is given to students who need it and instead families are encouraged to leave the school.

Posted November 15, 2012
We found Dailey to be an exceptional public school alternative in Fresno. Our daughter went there for 1.5 years and loved it. The staff is exceptional - they all work together to provide a safe and challenging environment. The school day is long, but the activities are varied and meaningful. Students are taught character traits and then the teachers and principal reinforce that teaching. ALL kids are accepted and celebrated. Chronic misbehavior is not allowed to disrupt the learning process. The teachers work extremely hard to meet the needs of their students. We have moved from Fresno, and have realized (again) what a unique school Dailey is.

Morris E. Dailey Charter Elementary School
3135 North Harrison Avenue, Fresno, CA  93704
Last modified Morris E. Dailey Charter Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Morris E. Dailey Charter Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top