Bad
Good

My child is currently enrolled at Herndon & Barstow and needless to say I've not had a pleasant experience with their staff. Teachers are great with their students, but when I came down to the front office and admin they should rethink about maybe changing careers! They are rude and the way they would speak to parents is horrifying! I can't believe they are working with children and expect children to go for them for mentoring or advice!

*My Child attended this school for Over 3 years: ==================================== A Very Disorganized System with regards to "The Admin of the School'. My experience with one 6th Grade Teacher & a "Substitute-Admin" was very "Unsettling". What this 6th Grade Teacher and a So-Called "SUB" Administrator of Herndon and Barstow Elementary did to my Child was "Very Wrong" & "Very Disturbing". The VP was contacted, and she was oblivious to the Teacher and "SUB's" conspiring or actions. The VP said she would call us back, but it's been silent for 1/2 a year now. My child was accused of "Lying" & "Stealing". To this day, her classmates and other children harass her for what the Sub-Admin pressured my child to "State". They told her, in order for everyone to move on and put it behind them all, that she had to "Take the Fault". These two individuals and Herndon & Barstow are considered very lucky that we are not going to sew them. After this issue, my child was followed around by the "Substitue-Admin" for a while. - Parents watchout for this sort of Practice at this school. And Notice how THE PRINCIPLE & VP ARE "ALWAYS" ON VACATION.

We've had two children attend Herndon Barstow and have been thrilled with not only the education the received but also with the involvement of the teachers, staff and parents at the school. At a time when so many schools are cutting programs and stuffing more kids into each classroom, HB offers music, sports, art, computer lab and 20 students or less per class . The school is always clean, the children are polite and respectful to any adults on campus and the staff is friendly. This school struggled in the past and we were nervous about our children attending here after having been in the Clovis district but things have improved dramatically in the last 5 years, test scores are way up. And more importantly (to me) they aren't just learning the answers to the tests as I felt they were in the previous districts. They are encouraged to ask questions and have opinions. I have nothing bad to say about HB.

My student got two six hundreds and he got to be the principal for the day. His name is Ranpreet gill. Great student

Great district that is investing in their schools. Herndon Barstow just saw a 50 point API score increase from the year before.

This School should be burned to the ground. Worst School Ever Choose harvest if your looking for a school . It should be called herndon barthstow

I am a grandparent and I love the awards and recognition that the student are honored with. They really make them feel special.

Both of my kids attend this school and I think it is wonderful. There are so many activities for the kids to participate in and the teachers are really involved with the students. I have not had any problems communicating with teacher is very important to me. Only bad thing I can say is that there are no sport activities for the lower grades. I'm sure there is a reason behind that though.

I have two children currently attending Herndon-Barstow. I have been extremely impressed with the school. The principal and teachers are devoted, caring, and hard working they are always seeking innovative solutions to problems. From parenting classes and tutoring fairs to peer mediation they work to address every child's needs. I have been pleased that my children also receive music and art instruction. The use of leveling in certain subjects or dividing students based on need (intervention for struggling students, grade level, and challenge group for above grade level) means students receive instruction best suited to their needs. I have been very pleased with the interesting and creative assignments my son receives in his challenge group math and language arts classes. Both of my children love school Herndon-Barstow is a school that thinks outside the box. It is a real gem!

Last modified Herndon-Barstow Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.