Fresno, CA

Norman Liddell Elementary School 1

Posted February 19, 2014
My duaghter has been at Liddell Elementary for six years. This review will not be a complimentary as the rest. My daughter has been struggling ever since the forth grade with reading and math. Talking with Liddell's administration is very frustrating because it always comes down to the parents not involved enough with their childs education or the child is not smart enough. What is very concerning is that the administration will not accept any responsibility for the education of our children. Four weeks into the school year Leddell recieved transfer students from other schools so my daughter was pulled out of her class to create another 6th grade class. Every day is a struggle because these transfer students have caused many problems in and out of the class room and the teacher is gone two to three times per week as he is involved in sports. So I am spending 350 dollars per month on outside teachers in hopes of giving my daugter the education she has a right to she is not receiving from Liddell. Good luck parents.

Norman Liddell Elementary School 2

Posted December 05, 2013
We started at Liddell 4 years ago. Then i would have given a 5 star. I loved our principal year one. A new principal started year 2 of our school experience and she is ruining our school now. She is very overbearing and has a my way or the highway mentality. She does not return parent calls ever. I never see her interacting with the students or parents. She has alienated many of the parents at our school, usually the ones who ask any questions. Liddell does achieve high scores in academics, but it seems as though the creativity is being lost and our kids are only expected to do endless amounts of worksheets. The school moral is very bad this year. The teachers are great so far. I hope we get new leadership.

Posted August 19, 2013
Norman Liddell is right the right place for your child. Although the class sizes may seem a little larger over the past few years the staff has always made accommodations to do there personal best with our children. We came to Liddell kindergarten and 3rd grade for my family and both children graduated 6th grade honor students with 4.0 or higher GPA scoring the highest on bench mark testing ever. Even with recent cut backs in the district with faculty change in principals and removing a VP position parents are encouraged to help and keep great relations with teachers. I am proud, grateful an honored for the teaching staff also to say my little ones are Liddell Lions for life. Congrats again to the girls reigning basketball championship my daughter truly enjoyed her years with you coach Scarberry.

Posted July 21, 2013
Absolutely love Liddell! Comparing to a few other schools in the central district my husband and I really like Liddell! My daughters attends this school and so will my youngest in a couple of years! All the staffs and parents are great!

Norman Liddell Elementary School 1

Posted March 22, 2011
Faculty and Pricipal look out for each other and not the students. So far I have a total of 5 parents who feel the same. They told me one thing and did another. Watch out for third grade teachers.

Posted May 21, 2010
All faculty staffs are very helpful and the environment school areas are safe for my children to attend the school. If my child have any problem with other children, teachers and principal takes action quickly. Thanks Liddell!

Posted May 04, 2010
My daughter attended Kindergarten with Mrs. Rodgers and I have to say that she is an amazing teacher. She and Mrs. McClelland make a great team of morning and afternoon Kindergarten teachers. They coordinate and plan everything together, which makes it easier for the kids. Mrs. Rodgers makes learning fun and expects excellence from her students. The office is very helpful and the GLC and Principal are very active and on top of it.

Norman Liddell Elementary School 3

Posted March 09, 2010
i love liddell mrs.harris great 3 grade teacher

Posted October 05, 2009
Liddell meets student academic and co corricular needs. The staff is excellent. It has a very good if not excellent environment. There is very good student teacher interaction.

Posted January 10, 2009
My children and I both love Liddell. The teachers, principal and VP are all so involved and wonderful. We just moved to a new district and I am saddened that we will have to transfer. I would say to anyone that is looking for an A+++ school, you have found one!

5455 West Alluvial Avenue, Fresno, CA  93722
Last modified Norman Liddell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Norman Liddell Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top