Posted August 18, 2013
Excellent school with an excellent staff. It's too bad the district office moves so many admins and teachers around, but Saroyan seems to overcome their meddling and I am grateful that both of my Daughters had the opportunity to attend the school. Mrs. Nesseth, Mrs. Hall and Mrs. Bolton were all amazing teachers.

Posted May 31, 2012
This is an amazing school that is full of community support and involvement, wouldn't choose another!

Posted May 23, 2012
My son has been going to this school since 1st grade now. He loves all of his teachers and for the most part his classmates. I plan on keeping him in this school until he finishes 6th grade. The turnover of staff doesn't bother me, it happens. People come and go, that doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad school. I haven't had any problems or issues with any of the staff at this school but I feel if I did it would be addressed. I like that they call us with updates every week. I like that the teachers send personal newsletters home every week. I like the parent/teacher involvement and the activities the school provides for my son.

William Saroyan Elementary School 3

Posted April 07, 2011
Seems to be a lot of staff turnover over the years including the Principal and Vice Principal (position was elminated due to budget cuts). It is really hard to say anything about the quality of teachers because it changes from year to year. At present, we are thinking about switching schools because we are not happy with the quality of teachers in certain grades. There are a few great teachers though in the school. Some teachers are horrible, not helpful to the student, do not return parent phone calls, and have poor communication skills toward the student and parent.

Posted October 28, 2008

Posted September 25, 2008

Posted September 21, 2008

Posted March 22, 2008

Posted August 16, 2007

Posted February 06, 2006
I feel very lucky my daughter is able to attend Saroyan. I've been happy with all her teachers (she's gone there for 3 years) and pleased with the challenging curriculum.

William Saroyan Elementary School
5650 West Escalon Avenue, Fresno, CA  93722
Last modified William Saroyan Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
William Saroyan Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top