Bad
Good

William Saroyan Elementary School 4

Posted December 22, 2013
Im a student im in 6th grade i love this school it has its up and down but its a great school i loved all my teachers the GIA is a little mean but shes alright

Posted August 18, 2013
Excellent school with an excellent staff. It's too bad the district office moves so many admins and teachers around, but Saroyan seems to overcome their meddling and I am grateful that both of my Daughters had the opportunity to attend the school. Mrs. Nesseth, Mrs. Hall and Mrs. Bolton were all amazing teachers.

Posted May 31, 2012
This is an amazing school that is full of community support and involvement, wouldn't choose another!

Posted May 23, 2012
My son has been going to this school since 1st grade now. He loves all of his teachers and for the most part his classmates. I plan on keeping him in this school until he finishes 6th grade. The turnover of staff doesn't bother me, it happens. People come and go, that doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad school. I haven't had any problems or issues with any of the staff at this school but I feel if I did it would be addressed. I like that they call us with updates every week. I like that the teachers send personal newsletters home every week. I like the parent/teacher involvement and the activities the school provides for my son.

William Saroyan Elementary School 3

Posted April 07, 2011
Seems to be a lot of staff turnover over the years including the Principal and Vice Principal (position was elminated due to budget cuts). It is really hard to say anything about the quality of teachers because it changes from year to year. At present, we are thinking about switching schools because we are not happy with the quality of teachers in certain grades. There are a few great teachers though in the school. Some teachers are horrible, not helpful to the student, do not return parent phone calls, and have poor communication skills toward the student and parent.

Posted February 06, 2006
I feel very lucky my daughter is able to attend Saroyan. I've been happy with all her teachers (she's gone there for 3 years) and pleased with the challenging curriculum.

Posted August 05, 2005
The academic programs are very level appropriate. The teachers that I have had the honor of having for my children have been very educational and charactar forming. The teachers have given my children the opportunity to realize thier potential. The teachers are very strict and yet very approachable if any questions are needed. I have three children that attend this school, and I am very excited and happy with the academic grades that my children have brought home to me. They have great parent involvement opportunities. I feel that I can go and volunteer in my childs class any time and be appreciated. This is definetly where we will stay.

William Saroyan Elementary School 4

Posted May 14, 2005
I think Saroyan is a great school! We are very lucky to have our children go there. When our children were younger, they both had the best teacher ever. She was understanding and patient and really taught our kids important lessons. I would tell everyone to go here if they had the chance.

Posted November 08, 2004
My son has attended Saroyan since Kindergarten. Currently, he's 6th grader. This school has been awesome! The teachers have been wonderful. They have made learning fun and exciting for my son. I will be forever grateful for Mrs Nesseth because I believe she's the reason that my son has continued to strive in his education. It was her encouragement, understanding and her all-around good nature that made him have the utmost respect for his teachers and his peers. She showed him that learning new things and experiencing new things was fun and exciting and shouldn't be feared. His favorite teachers have been Mrs Nesseth (kindergarten) and Mr Crough (5th & 6th grade).

Posted February 16, 2004
Teachers at Saroyan have high student expectations, both academically and behaviorally. I love that my child is challenged and is expected to be the best he can be. Great teachers make a great school!

William Saroyan Elementary School
5650 West Escalon Avenue, Fresno, CA  93722-3154
Last modified William Saroyan Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.