Posted October 06, 2013
Wonderful school with great traditions! THE best Fall carnival in Fresno/Clovis area. They have an annual Turkey Trot that has been going on for 25 years strong. Teachers are friendly and are great with all types of learners. Thanks to the school bond, the school received a facelift with solar panels. Best of all, the students here are respectable, friendly, and will be great leaders in the future.

Posted January 27, 2012
This school is wonderful! The parent involvement should be commended by the state as they work so hard to fundraise and work with the school staff to provide the best experience for the kids. The teachers are caring, firm and have fun, creative learning tactics. The kids LOVE to learn and I think that is half the battle sometimes. They elevate learning and don't just focus on the CA testing. I would recommend this school to anyone in the Fresno area. It is just about perfect!

Fort Washington Elementary School 1

Posted October 14, 2011
This school is horrible to both my son and myself. He is struggling in one area and instead of helping him, the teachers refuse to help him and only complain about him to me. I took it to the principal and was totally ignored. I am trying to get out of this school sooooo fast.

Fort Washington Elementary School 2

Posted March 04, 2011
I do not like the atmosphere at this school. Bullying on the playground is excessive mainly because of the lack of supervision. Children in the lunchroom are not allowed to talk and are screamed at through a megaphone the entire lunch period. Even though these issues have been discussed numerous times with administration by various parents nothing is changed. Children are not challenged to reach their full potential. The bar is set low to allow everyone to achieve. Creates a very average student base at best.

Posted February 27, 2011
I believe this is a good school. My kids have been attending the school for 4 months now. We moved into the area recently. My kids are learning more here than any other school they have attended. Reading some of the other reviews about testing...every school my kids have been to, have been all about studying for the state testing at the end of the year. So, welcome to the new world of schooling. It is not just this school...it is every school.

Posted January 17, 2011
My second child currently attends FW (my oldest did as well and is excelling at the HS level) and I remain pleased with the excellent academic standards (and growth) that they have been able to maintain. The school is obviously doing something right as my children have both performed at high levels in even non-school sanctioned academic endeavors (i.e., math competitions etc). The negative reviewers strike me as folks that overlook the concept that test scores are an accepted measurement nationally and statewide and striving to achieve a 10/10 is not at all unique to FW. They are barking up the wrong tree with such gripes. To them, I'd ask: Would you really want your child to attend a school that strives to be a 5/5? Something tells me that's not the case.

Fort Washington Elementary School 4

Posted November 01, 2010
We LOVE Fort Washington! We were looking at a home out of FW area and decided not to buy it because our daughters grade is full and we would not be able to get a transfer.

Fort Washington Elementary School 2

Posted June 17, 2009
This school is mediocre at best. There are some great teachers, but there are also some who are subaverage. The aim is to score high on the standardized tests. Learning is secondary.

Posted January 05, 2008

Fort Washington Elementary School 3

Posted June 30, 2007
The school employs a mediocre curriculum that seems to manipulate state scores but deny children the true diversity and breadth of education that makes an education so valuable. While parents are very involved, class sizes are large.

Fort Washington Elementary School
960 East Teague Avenue, Fresno, CA  93720
Last modified Fort Washington Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fort Washington Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top