Fresno, CA

Mountain View Elementary School 5

Posted February 11, 2014
The teachers are excellent, the principle is very involved and supportive, discipline is handled in a reasonable manner (and they have taken my input as a parent seriously), the other parents have always been friendly and supportive. The only problem is parking. Sometimes it is simply unsafe to park in the areas available, particularly during athletic competitions.

Posted January 21, 2014
We have been at Mt.view for about 4 years now and it really has become home to us! Administration is quick on any bullying issues with their zero tolerance rules. The teachers we have had have all been amazing (maybe one that needs to retire already) but other then that they're great. The education is program is excellent and the teachers are always willing to try fun ways to keep the children intrigued! The PTC is very involved! My only issue would be parking!!!! This school was met to be for bussed out kids but that's not the case now and it is a all out war for parking!

Mountain View Elementary School 1

Posted February 16, 2013
My child attended Mt. View for 2 years until I became frustrated enough to request a transfer to another school. There are many great programs, like the music program. The school also has great turnouts for school fundraisers like the school carnival as well as the the movie nights. Overall, I would say this school is plagued with a few "bad apples" who are more focused on testing than teaching critical thinking skills. There also seems to be a disconnect among the school administrators. My rating is also reflective of a belief that several members of the staff lack the cultural sensitivity to work with the diversity of the student population. I have personally witnessed some truly disgusting behavior by staff towards some of the students and parents.

Posted March 30, 2011
My child is happy and successful here at Mountain View for 4 years. The school has many great programs such as their challenging academics, sports, drama, music. Being in some activities help the student's to learn teamwork and responsibility and they work better in school. When they develop a skill or interest it helps them to be confident. It's also a great way for them to be social to make friends and share the same interest. Great school website to monitor students grades, attendance, calendar and lunch account which helps communication between parent, student and teacher. Good funding from support of fund-raising, donation, parent, staff and community involvement because of location. Every school has its plus and minus and it's about the big picture and the child's overall success will do really well here. Kids spend more hours of their day at school so their discipline and homework starts from home with parents support. Communication, positive encouragement and involvement is key.

Mountain View Elementary School 2

Posted March 20, 2010
I have had children at this school for over 12 years. I bought my house in this schools area because at the time it was a fabulous multiple Blue Ribbon school under great administration.... unfortunately that changed. I have seen too much turn over here at this school with teachers but not enough with Admin. The yard duty, library, and kitchen staff are very lacking in kid skills, upper grade teachers overwhelm kids with work, but there are some fabulous primary teachers, but a few teachers REALLY play favorites with the parents that donate big. There are some shining stars though, the special ed dept is fabulous, there is an upper grade teacher that is very compassionate yet firm wit the kids and he incorporates technology into the lessons to help prepare kids for higher learning. The choir and music program is fabulous as well.

Mountain View Elementary School 0

Posted January 13, 2009
it is a great school and the teachers really push there students

Posted June 25, 2008
Students really push the students to do their best. At times teachers may be tough but when parents talk to them everything is resolved. There is a lot of participation on the sports teams. If kids are not good at sports but would still like block mv points they can participate by being managers. This school is great and the staff really cares about the students

Posted November 24, 2007
There are many ways to get involved at Mt. View...attending parent club meetings is a great way to get to know administration, staff, and other parents. Communication is the key that opens the door, participation is how you make a difference at Mt. View. The Mt. View parent club is quick to respond to needs brought before them. In the last year I have seen countless gifts to Mt. View from the PTC...Kinder classes got colored square carpets, heavy duty pencil sharpeners for teachers, new music instruments, sports uniforms, bottled water in the portables. We have enjoyed our first few years at Mt. View and still have seven more ahead of us. The quality of education your child receives during school is up to you as a parent.

Posted August 26, 2007
Both of my daughters have attended Mountain View since their kindergarten year. They are now in 5th & 6th grade.We have seen many changes but the hearts of the teachers and staff remain the same.I will say we have come into contact with problems with teachers who expect/demand too much and the level of responsibility is stressful to our children.But when discussed with teachers they were all workable.I think the parents have to have a relationship with the school to benefit their childs school year.They have wonderful programs.From cheer,to music,sports and drama there is lots to do.The cultural festival is an exciting event we enjoy each year.My children have been taught to be proud of their Mexican culture.A family is never perfect but you love them anyway because you know their heart.Mountain View is a family and it always feels good to go home.

Posted June 28, 2007
My son just finished his first year at Mountain View and his teacher was wonderful. He is well prepared for the 1st grade in the fall. And the best part - he is enthusiastic about his learning! His teacher was always responsive to my requests and concerns. I know that his class did learn about various cultures and appreciation for the many differences respresented by their classmates. I am glad we live within the Mountain View encachment area!

Mountain View Elementary School
2002 East Alluvial Avenue, Fresno, CA  93720
Last modified Mountain View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mountain View Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top