Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (4 responses)

Amount of homework: Neutral

No really. My kids didn't have an issue with homework. It's too easy and public school is actually a grade behind. Dumb downer are kids

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

Heck no! Too much bullying goes on here. Kids are so mean and nothing is done

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

No! My kids were the smartest in their grade and made fun. If for being nerds

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

No leadership at all. Kids are rude and lots of bullying here. I walked in campus and white kids were making fun of the ESl kids

This school is a hidden gem in Clovis Unified. The staff is fantastic. I honestly cannot name a teacher that does not care about the students whole-heartedly. Does every teacher/staff-member make a perfect personality match with each student or parent? No, but that is real life. Personality conflicts will always exist. That doesn't mean the teachers/staff aren't top notch. Likewise, 99% of the students and parents are loving and welcoming. So many parents go out of their way to meet each other and participate in school activities. There are too many smiles and happy faces on campus to count. They truly care about building well rounded students. We feel so blessed to have been part of this school.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

My childs camera was stolen on a field trip and we know who did it

Develops character: Strongly disagree

No! This school has a lot of bullying and kids are favored. Regardless if they get bad grades. If their parent is a coach or works on campus, the are the the best kid ever. Popularity is huge here and parents are catty

We have been at Valley Oak for several years now. I have 2 children who attend. My kids enjoy school and most of the staff is very nice and visible. The other families seem nice and school events are fun to attend. My children are not athletic and I have not found that to be a problem in the least. I do wish there was more available for Gifted students (only begin offering an after school one hour a week activity starting in 3rd grade) but this is a district wide issue and not only at Valley Oak. At least one of our teachers really knew how to challenge my student and the others have been average to good in this capacity. We have not had any problems here and I would recommend this school.

Valley oak is a school I would not recommend if your child isn't a sports fan. They have an mpr full of atchletic banners but only 3 academic posters in the back the 6th grade teacher mrs. Gregory is one who will give TLC to you if you don't push her buttons

I have three children currently at VO and one going into high school. Both my high performing children and my child with learning disabilities are challenged and supported. In fact, watching my older child and his VO peers continue their growth in middle and high school is so rewarding! To name just a few accomplishments, this year, VO has 2 destination imagination teams going to globals (for the 2nd year in a row), one student is moving on to state for spelling, and another for science fair. These kinds of results are consistent every year. My older child's class has a former VO student moving on to state for History competition and another former VO student going to state for a Science project. The teachers work so hard and truly care about the whole student. At any school there's a chance that a teacher and child is not a good fit. Every teacher that I have dealt with at VO are completely committed to their students and the overall school. Plus they recently installed an Outdoor Learning Ctr (organic garden) for more hands-on learning!

Last modified Valley Oak Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.