Bad
Good

Centennial Elementary School 2

Posted October 28, 2011
My son attended part of the 3rd grade, all of his 5th grade year, and is currently enrolled for 6th. During the 4th grade, he was (unprovoked) attacked in the bathroom severly by another student. He told the substitute teacher who didn't believe him. When I spoke to the principal, he "Called home and warned the parents if it happened again he would suspend the student". I had my son transferred out. There is a new principal now, and last year my son had a good teacher, but this year's teacher doesn't understand her students nor does she care to go above and beyond to assist students who don't fit the typical student mold. I am getting zero communication on behavior, which I requested. Zero also on any assistance with simple organizational needs which would help his academics tremendously. Zero tolerance on his socially awkward behaviors which make him stand out in class and embarrass him - the teacher punishes these behaviors rather than teaching him how to change them and boosting, rather than trashing, his self-esteem. I will again be requesting a transfer. My only positive comment - I think the new principal is doing a great job - I'm just not thrilled with some of the teachers.

Centennial Elementary School 4

Posted October 31, 2006
Centennial seems to be very well balanced. They have some great teachers and great programs including academics and sports. There is a diverse cultural population and a caring environment. Office staff (administration)is new so some things may need to be worked out there, but overall, I am very happy with my child's educational experience.

Centennial Elementary School 1

Posted August 15, 2006
This school has been a tremendous dissappointment. My child fell through the cracks and was left to fall behind. The communication between parent and teacher was never available to me. It was a very rough year for me and my child.

Centennial Elementary School 1

Posted May 06, 2006
Concidering I had four children go to this school at the end, the last child I had no help what so ever for her behaivor or her school grades... They always passed the buck on the parents. There attitude was ' must be the parents fault '.

Centennial Elementary School
3830 East Saginaw Way, Fresno, CA  93726-5126
Last modified Centennial Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.