Our Lady of Victory School

Private | K-8

Living in Fresno

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $76,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $770.

Sweep tile

Posted November 12, 2013

It is a shame that this school is still running with the amount of issues that it has. The curriculum is outdated and the teachers generally not skilled in educating young children. The children are not challenged and are far below academically in areas such as Math and Science. The shame is that the administration refuses to acknowledge the problem that has been going on for the past four or so years.

Posted August 8, 2012

While this school once had a thriving community of supporters, it is becoming more and more evident that they are lacking challenging education and strong leadership. The children that are attending are not receiving an education that meets the standards of the diocese of fresno. Many of the children that have left this school have been months behind their new peers. This is a problem that the school has been made aware of and still refuses to acknowledge and fix.

Posted June 15, 2012

For knowledge and problem solving, Our Lady of Victory school is the place to be. I am a father who desires my child to be a thinker and not just a test taker--like so many public schools who train students all year for the state test. I want my child to valued more than just a number. I also desire my child to have a spiritual foundation that will guide him throughout his life. Our Lady of Victory is assisting me greatly in these goals. My son just finished kindergarten which he loved and never had a bad day. I can't say enough about the academic instruction and the creativity that was experienced. It was an outstanding experience for my child and myself, education at its finest with inquiry, exploration, and mastery. The necessary elements that will propel a child's mind to think intellectually and creatively. I am thankful for Our Lady of Victory, and my son's experiences

Posted June 15, 2012

As a grandparent at Our Lady of Victory, I am truly impressed with the dedication the parents display. OLV parents are there for their children in every way possible - volunteering, fund raising, coaching, and for their academics. These parents realize that a child's success is not alone based on academics, but more on the teamwork that is created between the leadership, teachers, students, and parents. The one key element that seems to be a common thread is the respect that is shown throughout the school, which is ultimately acknowledged by students and, in turn, promotes mature relationships for all. Imagine our community and world based on this type of foundation. Here! Here! for Our Lady of Victory.

Posted June 14, 2012

I love this school, and I have been attending OLV for many years. All the teachers make us feel welcomed and supported. We actually get to do science and art which is not seen in many other public schools. I, in fact, tuttor many of my friends, who attend charter schools, with their reading and math assignments. I am thankful for OLV and their academics and extracurricular activities. Go Rebels!

Posted June 13, 2012

Our Lady of Victory school ol is a great place for children. There focus on academics is exceptional, always having children strive higher than state standards and grade level standards. There focus on the child as a whole is outstanding, preparing children for society and their world. The class sizes are wonderful, giving individual attention to each student. The teachers are always available and go that extra mile to ensure the child is academically successful. I can't say enough about this school and the leadership. This is a school environment where children can thrive.

Posted February 4, 2012

This school has many issues and does not serve its children well. only strong leadership could bring this school back to what it once was. Children are learning below grade level and there is no accountability.

Posted August 9, 2011

This school has gone downhill fast. Their has been a loss of enrollment and there are only a few good teachers left. There have been major changes made, which will greatly affect the childrens education. The source of this problem is a poor administrator with little to no experience in business and educational administration. Its sad because other Catholic schools in the area are thriving, while OLV is staying behind and falling fast. Great community of families who give a lot of their time.

Posted February 4, 2010

I love this school. The individual attention and support is amazing. The teachers are dedicated to providing a place where our children are thriving accademically while emphasizing faith and community.

Posted October 6, 2008

Excellent environment that gives students individual attention, great community

Posted September 23, 2008

Great Pre-K program - our 4 year old daughter loves it and had excelled since starting. Teacher to student ratio is great!

Posted September 4, 2008

OLV is a wonderful school, The changes that have been made in the last two years are night and day. Hats off to the staff for being so dedicated.

Posted February 28, 2008

Community and family environment, our family feels like we belong and have always belonged. Stresses the importance that parents are their children's primary teacher in life. I wasn't sure if I really wanted to send my children to Catholic school (being a product of a public school myself) but the gains have far exceeded my concerns. The choice has brought our entire family closer to God.

Posted August 31, 2006

OLV has a great academic program a number of changes have been made offering different levels of instruction to students in 6th - 8th grade. Recent hires have been outstanding, with both bachelors and masters degrees in science and English. New principal has offered Wonderful guidance and leadership, and a new web based grade system allows parents to be more involved with their children's education by offering grades online. It is not the sole responsibility of the school to educate, rather primary responsibility lie with parental involvement, which depends on commitment, and perseverance. I am extremely pleased, and feel OLV is worth every penny.

Posted August 5, 2006

Poor academics,music,after school activities.Refuses to address many complaints. Parents care more about seeing their name in the school newsletter then their childs education.Many students require outside tutoring.

Posted August 3, 2006

The academic program is more like hit and miss ,but with the students missing.

Posted May 13, 2006

I love the people. They do not focus mcuh on academics, which I which they would have.

Posted April 27, 2005

good academic programs, but very limited extra cirricular activities. Children attending school don't socialize with other children, which might be negative in the long run. parent involvement is great.

Posted September 14, 2004

My daughter came to OLV last year when she began 1st grade and the 1st grade teacher was such a positive figure in my daughter's life. The school is very close knit and has great activities outside of school. The best feature that OLV provides is the before and after school program. The price is very reasonable compared to other programs of similar nature. I feel that I made the right decision bringing my daughter to this private catholic school as I see her changing into a very bright student.

Posted November 13, 2003

This school is great. As an educator myself, a quality school is very important to me. All teachers are highly qualified and do a great job. I would reccomend this school highly to anyone looking for a quality, Catholic education.

Ethnicity This school
American Indian/Alaska Native 1%
Asian 1%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Fresno

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1626 West Princeton Avenue