Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teacher try their best to help your child learn the material. They are devoted to helping our children move up in school.

Amount of homework: Agree

For my third grader, they give him just the right amount of work to complete and the after school program is excellent at helping the students complete their homework.

Develops character: Strongly agree

My son is safe and returns home safe. Any issue they address the situation immediately.

Since my son started attending two years ago they have respectfully addressed me with any and all concerns. I have yet to have an issue with this school or any of its staff. They are devoted to safety and education. Very friendly environment and great devoted teachers. Especially Mrs. Ude She is a great 1st grade teacher!

I don't think Holland is a good school. The principal does not do her job right. The school is not safe. My daughters have been having problems with a little girl the whole year bullying her. And yesterday my daughter reacted to her bully and hit her on the way home. And today I get told that my daughter is getting suspended for one day. I was sad and very mad. I could not do nothing to help my daughter.

I love this school. My 6th grader wakes up every morning looking forward to another school day. Holland Hooray event is Awesome! Great way to reward all the students for their efforts. Office staff is very friendly. I have seen a tremendous change in the academic, behavior and personality for the best in my child since his last school(Pyle). Im a Happy Mom. :)

This school has little to no parent involvement. Ihave been in the neighborhood for over 12 years and this school wasnt as bad as it is now. There are a few teachers who strive to help every child and still have a passion for teaching but alot of them are just there and not helpful one bit. The principal there now is fairly new only 2nd year in but i see she wants to succeed. Holland doesnt offer any challenging academic programs. They do have a wonderfully excellent Special education program there, and also a wonderful afterschool program that has been run by the same person for at least 10 years which is great for the kids to have consistancy. I wanted my child to finish her entire elementary years there as her older sister did from k-6 but the school was alot more better then than it is now. But for my child who is currently there now isnt challenged and she scores advance in her math and proficient in her english star testing but with no extra anything for her to do there she isnt challenged and i have decided for her 5th grade year to be at Baird where she has been accepted. This school to me wont challenge and meet the needs my child deserves.

Holland has a wonderful special education dept for kindergarten and younger. My daughter attended for three years and has learned so much from the wonderful teachers and staff. We are now moving on and we will miss everyone. I only hope our next school will be as great.

Last modified Holland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.