Fresno, CA

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted June 09, 2015
Because when it comes to bullying, people tend to turn away and do nothing. Not enough staff to watch all of the kids.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted June 09, 2015
The bad kids aren't disciplined appropriately when they put their hands on the kids. Bullying is advertised as Zero tolerance, when in reality it should be if I didn't see it, it didn't happen.

Posted June 09, 2015
3 of my children attended Lawless Elementary/Middle school when it was still K-8. The teachers there are good, but the principal changed a few times while my children attended school there. Mrs. Schleutter was the most recent. Anti-bullying procedures? They claim to have one, yet they do absolutely nothing!! My daughter was punched in the face by a boy in 7th grade and my son was bullied for 2 years straight, along with my daughter!! The school did nothing, and hardly any actions were taken against any of the other students. FUSD sucks, with the exception of a few great schools. (Kratt) I recommend any other school but this one. Student to teacher ratio is way off, and there aren't enough yard duty staff to watch and supervise children on the playground. You might as well say that the kids run the school because the worst ones are still there!! This school needs some me serious help!!!

Lawless Elementary School 3

Posted October 24, 2013
I have 2 children attending this school since kinder.. I love most ove them. I have an issue with bullies, the school is great on zero tolerance; however enforcing and taking action is a different story. I think all staff employed and volunteer should be on the same page and follow the same procedure. My child does not feel safe at times and its starting to become more and more of an issue. I think more parents should get together like one would for D.A.R.E and lets put a stop to this.

Posted September 03, 2013
Terrible, terrible, terrible. I've been hounded due to my child being sick (with a doctor's excuse) and told to switch doctors as his current isn't 'well respected' in their school. I've almost lost a job due to the after-school director 'forgetting' that she agreed to let my child into the program and then later informing me that there was no room for him. I was then told that she's make room, but when I expressed my concerns and frustrations, I was then told immediate afterward that there was not room once again because she didn't like my attitude. I asked if there was someone else to speak to, she said no. C'mon, now. I've seen staff speed through the school zone in the a.m. when kids are going onto campus and I've even seen a teacher tell a child who fell and got hurt to 'get up right now and stop crying!' She did not attempt to aid him in anyway whatsoever. I've heard children yell obscenities on campus, only to be ignored by staff numerous times. While some of the teachers are amazing and I love the fact that the student body is so diverse but that's all the school has going for it. TL's priorities are all out of whack.
2 people found this helpful

Lawless Elementary School 5

Posted July 31, 2012
I have two children the attend Toby Lawless. This will be their 3 year there. I really love the staff, the teachers really care about what their students are learning. Anytime I have ever had a problem I could walk up to the principal and talk to her and before the end of the school day matters have been addresses and taken care of.

Lawless Elementary School 5

Posted July 31, 2012
I have two children that attend Toby Lawless. I love being on campus, teachers and staff welcome you in the classroom. The only complaint I have is that the school cafeteria food is terrible! The food one day maybe edible and the next day it may be just gross.

Posted May 29, 2010
I knew i wasn't the only parent that felt this way, and i agree 150%. My son had a great desire to attend school before going there, now he hates school, he comes home upset everyday and there is nothing ever done when a bully attacks, my son is the one punished, so now we do not report it. I reported these problems to fresno county and instead my son has been picked on more by the teachers.

Lawless Elementary School 4

Posted May 25, 2010
I atttended the school when I was younger, and very little has changed and that's a good thing. There is more adversity and that is wonderful!

Lawless Elementary School 2

Posted July 15, 2008
My son has been attending this school since k, he's going into 5th. I feel that the staff are overworked and need more funding do to the size and k-12 status. Lawless is neglected and the kids / staff suffer. Older kids should be kept more in line (too much bullying). The aces program really made a difference this year and I think it could be an awesome school and i love the diversity!

5255 North Reese Avenue, Fresno, CA  93722
Last modified Lawless Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lawless Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top