Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

The principal, Linda Mclaughlin, is a rude heartless person. she tries to find any little reason to discipline children and when she feels her rules are not being respected by a student she thinks she has the right to put her hands on them. She left scratch marks on my son when she grabbed his arm while trying to prevent him from receiving his award on the last day of school. No heartless principal on a power trip is going to prevent my baby from getting what he worked so hard for.

This school was incredible the teachers taught me great me things and treated all other students as if they were their own children. The other reviews are obviously not from the child's view point which matters 100% more than a stuck up parent's thoughts. Having a happy child who is passing is great! Why would you want anything else? If so send your child to a private school where they are limited to their happiness and freedom. Mccardle Elementary is incredible and if anyone half wit parent says otherwise I'd be willing to debate them! -Chance Angle

I am a former active parent of this school. I helped with PTA, SSC, in various classrooms and anywhere else I was needed. My whole family came to help at events. I finally pulled my kids out of this school because when I put my foot down and said I wasn't going to help anymore, I was treated like dirt. I was ignored. Any issues I had went ignored as well by the principal and VP. Now the teachers are excellent. This school has the BEST team of 6th grade teachers, HANDS DOWN. Even now, if I stop by the school to say hello, I am ignored by the administration. My family gave 2 years to that school and we got nothing in return but heartache.

If you want a school that encourages your child to be uniform and not stand out this is the school. I would not recommend sending an independent thinker to this school. The curriculum is below average and the homework packets are a joke. There are no field trips hardly no school activities but they're always fundraising and asking for money for something. The principal and the vice principal are both fake and act like they care until you have a complaint. After you complain you can expect to receive the cold shoulder the rest of the year. There's an after school program teacher (I won't mention her name) that doesn't even seem to like kids all year I not once have seen her smile. If you can avoid going here I would recommend it!

This school has made some changes so it seems its getting better it didn't use to be that goodteachers are friendly also

My 7 year old great granddaughter is very happy attending McCardle. She is learning a fast pace and she enjoys eveything about the school, which is very important for any child attending any school I am very pleased of her progress.

It is the best school ever !!!!! I love how it is so considerate !

This school if for the 'below average student.' If a child excels it's due to parents NOT the school. There is zero motivation for student success!

McCardle (as a whole) focuses on students who are below grade level. So, if your child excels, s/he will have lots of free time. That, in turn, lowers studens expectatioins. I regret to say we wasted my child's education at this school. McCardle needs teachers whose passion is teaching. In addition, this school needs to appreciate its diversity.

Gosh. I just moved my son to another school and boy, do I regret not having moved him sooner! I always had a gut feeling that this school was not a good match for my son due to soooo many reasons. I was right! This school is archaic when it comes to fostering an advanced, multicultural curriculum. My son FINALLY likes school. He says, 'a bad day at my new school is better than a good day at McCardle.' Wow...that came from a second grader? McCardle needs a stronger administrator who will run the school with high expectations! It, too, needs an administrator who genuinely cares about his/her students! Parents should not be given the runaround at any given time- especially when offering suggestions for global learning. Welcome all cultures, not just talk about it!

Last modified Mccardle Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.