Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

The only good ones that I've heard about are the lap top program teachers other than that no and I've heard this from other parents and students

Amount of homework: Disagree

I've seen some of these students being up till midnight doing homework my student was up till 10-11 each night that's too much at this age and if they are in sports also!!

It's sad to think that you drop off your children to a place where you think that they are suppose to be safe the whole time when in fact their not, there's too many fights and the bulling is out of hand when the schools post No Bulling and you have a lot of teachers who don't care, or should t be working anymore and don't reach out to the students who need extra help and this policy that Tenaya has you can't get any homework till you're gone for 3 or more days is crazy. And attendance is another issue if you are at school but yet sent home hurt or sick which is excused the classes that you miss still goes against your attendance record ?? Something is wrong with that then when you call into the office to speak to an counseler or higher they don't return calls I had to call 5 different times and show up at school only to be told that I have to make an appt that's crazy and if a student has a problem with another student or issues they can't talk to anybody they have to write down a report of the event or whatever it was. I took my child out and it was the best thing ever we won't be going back there and I tell other parents and their not happy there as well

We were concerned about the quality of the teaching, but our daughter enrolled in the Laptop program and we are very pleased in all. Some things never change in schools. There are teachers who should have retired long ago and suffer burn out. Leadership, while good, seems to focus on keeping the problem kids in line, while the talented students are good at what they do, because of who they are and would have been good students anywhere. Parent involvement is none existent. This is the first school I known of that has a PTA organization, but they do absolutely nothing, let alone return inquiring emails. If you need get your child after school, you will need to designate a pick up spot away from the school entrance. Traffic is so bad and grid locked after school with people double parking and attempting 3 point turns in the middle of the street... it is flat out a traffic mess. What is worse...there is rarely an administrator or school employee out front encouraging the orderly progress of traffic. Unfortunately it seems to be a general reflection of the demographics.

Tenaya Middle School is a great place to go to school. At first I wasn't too sure about it but it turned out to be a great school. They have great teachers like Mr. Bruce, Mrs. Owensby, and Mr. Losey. The laptop program there is awesome and so are the teachers. They are there to help us students and get good grades. It's in a great neighborhood. The counselors are also nice and caring. I suggest that you let your child go there, they will be happy just like I am. :)

this is absolutely the WORST school you could ever send your child to. there are fights everyday, drugs, weapons, gangs, EVERY BAD THING YOU CAN IMAGINE. the teachers do not care about students. put so much stress on them, i currently go here and its HORRIBLE i have to watch my back just to make sure no ones gonna jump me AGAIN. Every girl in the school is trying to fight me at the same time. DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILDREN HERE.

What a horrible school truley. My daughter had a rough time there because of lazy teachers, disrespectful classmates, and a staff that is absolutely insensitive and careless. There is no culture there whats so ever. I hope the principal gets a wake up call soon.

Absolutely one of the worst schools my child has ever gone to, I will be trying my best to get my son out of there as soon as possible. The teachers are the laziest bunch of non-caring people it has been my misfortune to be acquainted with. Of course there are a couple of exceptions with the teachers, but the good teachers are the exception, not the norm. If your child is not an A student going into this school, they sure won t be coming out of it. They are more worried about dress codes and nit picking rules than they are about education. Don t expect any help from the current principal, she will not return phone calls or emails.

This is a terrible school!!! if your child needs a little extra help the teachers and staff don't have the time. If your child struggles they will let that child drown instead of giving the extra help they need. I have been told by some teachers that their class is too big to give the extra help he needs. If your student is failing they pass the student right along to the next grade to get their funding for that child. They do not care if they learned anything.

Tenaya Middle School is where I've been the librarian for five years. The students make all the difference at the school. They are some of the most polite, empathetic people I know! We have a mix of cultures and socio-economic ranges that allows for students to develop awareness of the similarities and differences that make this country so incredibly wonderful and unusual! For these and many other reasons, I love Tenaya.

Last modified Tenaya Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.