Fresno, CA

Posted February 12, 2013
The school is not taking our children's safety seriously, and it is disgusting! I have searched online for principal yang's email address for school so i can address my concerns with her, and can't find it. I used to email back and forth with Mr. Bohigian no problem and he was great. I fear the safety of our children there at Viking, with the school shootings going around, Viking still has not done their best to make sure everyone who enters the campus goes and checks into the office. The side gate for the staff is supposed to be locked from 8:15am to 2:30pm and they are not keeping on top of that. Just this afternoon I went to pick up my kindergartener and saw that side gate wide open. I called the office to find out why it was open and my concerns about anyone being able to get onto the campus through the back and how unsafe it was. Tamara just read some paper to me, and then agreed it should be locked at the time I noticed it was wide open and said she'd have the custodian go check on it. I really don't like that they are not taking any precautions in safety with our children's lives, I am very much disappointed in Viking Elementary School.

Posted August 29, 2011
NO STARS! I am very displeased and scared for children's safety ! Today was the worst day for my son and it breaks my heart to see such a good kid be so confused in kindergarten. His teacher (MRS. MORRISON) had apparently placed him on time out during recess and forgot about him? THANK GOD! I came to the school to pick him up early for an appointment. As I was walking to the class room after I had met with the office and after they had called the class room to inform Mrs. Morrison of my relieving him from class. I opened his class room door only to be met with her rude comments of disrespect! "DO you know you are cutting into his education right now?" She said. I looked at her with a look of confusion. She continued on about how my son was disruptive and non-responsive to her instructions. I thought to myself. "Not my son?"! He is the greatest and always listened. I felt as if she was keeping me from entering the class room. She was blocking my entrance with her arm stretched against the wall. I wanted my BOY! 10 min. Later another teacher asked me if I was missing a child.? I looked down to see my son in fear and wanting to cry. She lost my son! And she was trying covering it up!

Viking Elementary School 4

Posted August 22, 2011
over all this scholl was ok I think its better than bullard talent...by a long shot!!

Posted June 09, 2011
My oldest has been going here for the last seven years and I am not satisfied at this school at all. I will be trying my best to transfer my youngest to another school because I don't like this school at all. The teachers are alright, but the Principal Ronald Bohigian and the Vice Principal Cristy Yang are not very friendly. Once you've had an encounter with the Principal, he will ignore you and not even say Hi. Looks very bad on the school. Since the VP has been at the school, she has never said Hi to us and we've crossed paths many times. The principal is not a very fair principal and I'm not sure how he's keeping his job. Many parents have complained about him, but I guess Fresno Unified is in desperately need of Principals that they're keeping in on. As parents, we had one encounter with him, and it took me going to the school district for Mr. Bohigian to take care of my problem. He didn't want to deal with my problem until I wrote a formal letter to the district . If you are thinking about sending your child to Viking, keep in mind that the only way Ron Bohigian will like you is when you kiss his feet.I wished I had known that I could've sent my children elsewhere

Viking Elementary School 4

Posted December 13, 2008
My kid is a student in first grade here at Vikings the teachers are great a lot of comunication with parents who likes to get involved in the kid education and sports GREAT JOB!!!

Viking Elementary School 0

Posted November 24, 2008
Great school, son's in first grade, k teacher was the best, and his 1st grade teacher now is soooo awesome. My son's writing has gone from writing a few words to writing stories, vocabulary has increased significantly. Teachers show strong interest in the child, especially if parents are also involved. Friendly staff that I've seen so far.

Viking Elementary School 3

Posted March 28, 2006
Many teachers are excellent and wonderful to work with, but administration is lacking...the principal has difficulty connecting to students, and speaks to them like they are babies. Overall, an ok school.

Viking Elementary School 0

Posted February 09, 2006
My child's 3rd grade teacher was the most thorough teacher she ever had. She provided a weekly report on work missed, graded papers, and parent communication was excellent.

Viking Elementary School 5

Posted January 11, 2006
Teachers are great and call when the need arises. Principle kind and considerate even when my son has been tagged with 'unruly child' syndrome due to his outgoing personality. I think there is quite a bit of parent involvement. We are invited alot but both of us work and we are tired all the time so we don't really get involved other than homework. I do not agree with sending kids home with homework over Winter break afterall it is a break from school. But other than that, they have good homework and we as parents cannot control whether he turns it in the next day, but we do push him to do so. Safety appears to be excellent. Our son hasn't missed a bus or gotten lost or anything. The perimeter of the school seems to be secure. The reading program is excellent.

Viking Elementary School 5

Posted November 10, 2005
Great staff. Very friendly. Principal alsways active with students. Very good teachers. Daughter in 3rd grade now.

Viking Elementary School
4251 North Winery Avenue, Fresno, CA  93726
Last modified Viking Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Viking Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top