Fresno, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted November 07, 2014
My wife and I are grandparent and guardians of a 7th grader new to this school and I can say the author previous writer (Oct, 22) is far off the mark - far off many marks. When we went to the initial presentation at the beginning of the school year, the manner in which we were introduced to all the teachers and classes was wonderful. It gave us an insight to was was to happen during the year. We met all the teachers our grandson was going to have for the year, and spoke to them all - one of them I knew from many years ago and I was happy to see a friendly face. All the teachers explained the burden and responsibility of learning was on the students to perform. This might be a new concept for uneducated parents lacking in responsibility, but finally, after elementary school, that seems to me a logical idea - time to learn mow the yard, count back change, turn in your homework, just the simple things to get you to adulthood. My wife and I thank all the teachers, administration, and support staff of Wawona Middle School for their efforts in helping my grandson become a productive member of society.

Wawona Middle School 2

Posted October 22, 2014
The teachers are not engaging the students in these classroom with over 35 students, such as trying to make connections between lesson and their daily lives. Instead, they seem to be running a grist mill on a great track school program. The staff are not very communicative it "depends who you are" as they openly ask one another just as soon as you turn your back, "who is she?" and start gossiping. Some of the staff appear to have graduated straight from Mexico. There are few displays of student art work, evidence of involvement in the humanities, reflection, or extracurricular involvement with the community. In a law and order type environment, with only basic needs attended to, the students delight in rebelling. I would fight to get my child out of here, it is like grooming for la familia, pardon all the trolls.

Posted September 02, 2010
I have one daughter who just graduated from Wawona, and another one just beginning as a 6th grader... and I wish they could stay there through 12th grade. The principal is the BEST THERE IS and the teachers are outstanding. This school truly is one of Fresno's best kept secrets... if parents only knew what they were missing, they would be breaking down the doors to get their kids into this school!

Wawona Middle School 4

Posted September 24, 2009
It is a safe school, with administration doing there part to keep it so. Students are expected to come to school prepared everyday, and ready to learn.

Posted September 22, 2009
What an awesome school! With the anticipation of my child attending 'middle' school; both my child and myself have been very pleased with the warming reception and continued attention we still receive. Thanks to all the Wawona staff for their effort and support. Go Wawona Wildcats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted September 21, 2009
It is a safe and well run educational facility with great teachers and students.

Posted September 18, 2009
Wonderful hardworking staff - super Administration - great kids - loving atmosphere - IB certified - a great place to spend the day!

Posted September 17, 2009
I love Wawona I.B. School because it is the most safeest and disiciplined Middle School in all of Fresno. It is a supportive and great place to work.

Posted September 17, 2009
For our children to succeed there must be teachers that expect them to succeed, I see teachers at Wawona standing up to this call. Hats off to Wawona. Sincerely, Elthadiya.

Posted September 17, 2009
I love the staff working at Wawona because they really care about our childrens education, and they have great activities that keep our childrens very interested in becamming profesional students I really recomend this school your kids life will have great success

Wawona Middle School
4524 North Thorne Avenue, Fresno, CA  93704
Last modified Wawona Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wawona Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top