No rating

Fresno Adventist Academy

Private | K-12 | 200 students

Living in Fresno

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $150,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $770.

Posted April 8, 2014

My children really enjoy school. I believe it is because they are love respected by teachers and students. My children's character growth shows the nice difference that a private school can make. I would highly encourage other parents to choose a school that genuinely cares about your children and their family. Fresno Adventist Academy is a wonderful school.

Posted December 28, 2009

My son was enrolled at a good public school. The academic instruction was good but I was always worried about the influences of other children whose parents were uninvolved, permissive, and had a lack of respect for moral values and the existence of God. Student to teacher ratio was becoming an issue with so many children in each classroom. My son now attends FAA with only a few other children in his class. He learned to read in a very short time and his knowledge of the bible has never been so deep. His teacher is caring, professional, and involved. We love the music program. The academic instruction is standards based and competitive. Administration always spends several hcours of their time to address issues and concerns in a respectful and timely manner. I am a public school teacher and I do not want my son to attend one.

Posted November 9, 2009

Part 3: Safety has never been an issue for my child. She thanks me for sending her to the academy because she knows what happens at other schools. She is thankful to not have to deal with gangs, bullying, and sexual harassment. She always knows there is someone she can talk to if she has a problem. I can t praise the administration enough. The principal at FAA has always been there for me and my family. He is very busy because of the nature of his job, but he has always found time for my concerns. We have prayed together a number of times for the direction of the school. He has a passion and vision for our school. He has immense grace for the student body, so much so, that it isn t publicized when discipline has taken place. To me, that is true love which shows Christ s character.

Posted May 13, 2009

FAA is the only place I would send my children. I know they are being taught at high standards and respected by staff/facutly and students. They are learning the love of Jesus and how tho be good, caring people. Plus, Admin listens to concerns and addresses issues in a timely manner.

Posted September 13, 2008

Good school! Lots of extra attention to students, teachers really care about students progress and spiritual growth. Lots of extra curricular activities. Children are involved in several community service activities. Small school environment that encourages parent involvment. Strong sense of family with lifelong friendships formed at FAA.

Posted September 9, 2008

Bad results. Kids run wild, teachers aren't involved in anything but themselves. Nothing is ever addressed. Discipline is a joke. Hazing galore with no effort from staff to control it. Bad language, and bad environment. Will never send my kid there again

Posted August 14, 2008

The teachers are fantastic. They are very caring individuals and are willing to go the extra mile. There is quite a bit of extra curricular activities. Last year a group went to Washington DC. My son has experienced tremendous personal growth over the years. Way to go FAA!

Posted May 22, 2008

Not a very good school, Teachers are very unprofessional and rude. I have had first hand experiences with the principal, teachers, and children at the school and i wouldn't recommend sending my child to this school

Posted April 1, 2008

My child has experienced tremendous improvement in all areas since attending FAA; Academic, social, self-esteem, spiritual, etc. I can't say enough great things about this school.

Posted March 21, 2004

Great Teachers! Unbeatable student/teacher ratio! Bible principles throughout academic core! Well organized Athletic program! Beautiful 40 acre campus! Charming 'trendy' school dress code! Wonderful, Wonderful teachers! 3rd grade, 6th Grade and many more! Beautiful 'new' gym.

Posted February 23, 2004

Bible subjects are included in the curriculum, children were taught how to do missionary works, reached out for others. The school has a christian atmosphere, students were encouraged to show thier talents in music and sports.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Mr. David Gillham
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Seventh-day adventist
Associations
  • GCSDAC

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

5397 East Olive Avenue