Posted May 24, 2014
My daughter has blossomed in this school. I find most of the teachers to be highly proficient, dedicated and caring. I value a school with a high quality of education that challenges my kid to be the best she can be. My wife and I are working professionals and do not understand the correlation of Ms Graham's ability to say hi and remember all students and parents names has to her ability to be an effective leader - this seems to be the absurd gauge of several parents. Personally, we find Ms. Graham, her staff as well as all the teachers to be approachable, dedicated and caring. My daughrt just finished 7th grade in the IB program. I am amazed by the depth of what they learned and the collaborative. Interdisciplinary application of concepts in real life situation. Bottom line, your kid will be very prepared for math and sciences when they leave Beechwood. We have looked into private schools in Los Angeles and Pasadena areas when (we almost relocated), and I will tell you the quality you get here is comparable to a $30k to $40k school. We send our kids to school. It is about our kids and the quality of education they get - and not how "chummy" a principal is.

Posted May 22, 2014
Beechwood is a wonderful school! I have to say when I hear other friends speak of their children's school, staff and principal, I'm reminded that my kids are fortunate! We have a great staff and Principal Graham is top notch. As a working parent who does not get on campus often, I appreciate knowing there are so many caring, professional and knowledgeable teachers and staff leading my children. Thanks Beechwood!

Beechwood Elementary School 4

Posted March 19, 2014
I have been very happy with the teachers, the reduced class size reduction, and the implementation of technology at Beechwood. I do agree that there are cliques, and it feels hard to break into the current parent groups running the show. Also there is a lack of supervision of students after school with the lower grades getting out first and then upper grades. Other schools have teachers that stand out and make sure every student is picked up and those that are not are sent to the office. There are so many parents and students it feels chaotic. Finally, it is very suspicious that there are several reviews posted within days of each other during this schools open enrollment period glowing about the principal in stark contrast to previous reviews. In my opinion she doesn't truly care about the students like the previous principal, she does not know my children's names, and she isn't as present on campus. I am skeptical of those last reviews....

Posted March 06, 2014
Such a great time tonight at Open House and it reminds me how lucky I am to have my kids at Beechwood.

Posted February 21, 2014
Both of my children went through Beechwood's middle school program, we actually transferred them to the IB program there after hearing about it and taking a tour. I can't say enough about how positive the experience was for our family. Both children were very prepared for the competitive academic program at their high school and were very successful in high school, and for my son, beyond. After my sons freshman year he took the SAT subject test for biology and the instruction he had received at Beechwood along with his regular freshman bio resulted in his receiving a near perfect score. The science and math teachers at Beechwood are incredible, and instilled a love of both subjects in my children, both are planning to pursue careers relating to math and science as a result. I can't emphasize enough how happy we are that our kids attended Beechwood and how well it prepared them for high school.

Posted February 21, 2014
I love Beechwood! I have all four of my kids attending and have been since Pre-K. I have absolutely loved every teacher they have had. The caliber of teaching is above anything I have seen at other schools. When my friends and I talk about our kids' educations they are always impressed with all of the things that happen on a daily basis at Beechwood. My kids are well prepared in all aspects and are always challenged. I appreciate that my kids are treated as individuals and that the teachers and Mrs. Graham have always treated them with kindness. My children are always excited to go to school and come home sharing all of the great things they are learning. I am a working mom and have never felt shunned by other parents or the principal. Mrs. Graham has always been ready to listen to me and my kids. She is not Mr. M and nobody else will be and we should not expect her to be. Mr. M left because he wanted to. Of what I have observed, Mrs. Graham is doing an exceptional job!

Posted February 20, 2014
Great families, amazing children and wonderful staff - it would be easy for Beechwood to sit back and rest on its laurels. You won't, however, find a staff more dedicated to positive growth and innovation than the Beechwood staff. And the inspiration for innovation comes from Mrs. Graham. The staff works together to make sure that they provide a challenging and relevant education to prepare our children for the 21st century. My child s education doesn t look like mine did 20 years ago - and for that I am thankful. The world is changing and my child will be prepared to handle those changes. And they are doing more than handling change; they are thriving. What matters to me, as a parent, is that my child is loved, valued and nurtured everyday. I agree with a previous reviewer, it's not the bobcat way to be negative. Let's build this school up. Thank you, Mrs. Graham and staff, for the great work you do everyday for my child.

Posted February 19, 2014
I love Beechwood and I love our Principal, Mrs. Graham! She is an absolutely outstanding principal and a true visionary. She is professional and positive, and clearly has the best interests of all Beechwood students at heart. My kids love her and talk so positively about her. She demonstrates a keen understanding of learning expectations for each grade level and takes a personal interest in all students. I have watched her transform our school within the last few years into a center for innovative learning. She works tirelessly to support students, parents, and staff and is always positive. We know that our school will be at the forefront with the new Common Core Standards because of Mrs. Graham's wonderful leadership. She is an exemplary leader in every respect and I have complete confidence in her. My children are having the time of their lives at Beechwood every day and look forward to school because of the positive environment she has created. I could not be happier with this principal, and encourage the rest of you to take the high road! This negative talk is not the Bobcat Way! I encourage everyone to see Mrs Graham as the positive leader that she is!

Beechwood Elementary School 3

Posted January 31, 2014
I have to agree with most of the parents regarding Mrs. G. My son has been at Beechwood since Pre-school, now on 3rd grade and it just seems like the same kids with the right connections are always placed with the popular teachers. Too much favoritism, nepotism and double standards.

Posted January 09, 2014
We LOVE Beechwood. Both of our kids are happy, challenged, and excited about school. The staff is amazing! Teachers, principal, office ladies and even the custodian are warm and friendly. The community is really involved and there always seems to be something positive happening. We couldn't ask for a better environment for our children.

Beechwood Elementary School
780 Beechwood Avenue, Fullerton, CA  92835
Last modified Beechwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Beechwood Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top