Fullerton, CA
Students enrolled: 2,438

Sunny Hills High School 1

Posted July 04, 2015
First off I never chose to come here... my mom did. She promised me that I would have a wonderful year but I didn't! I wasted a year of my life that could've been better. None of my friends came here so I had to start new, which was a bad idea! Out of all 6 teachers I only had 2 that were the best! 2 out of 6 is pretty bad if you ask me. My final grade was great but that's only because I worked myself vigorously. The homework was too much! Every night I would go to bed very late because of the work load, having only a few hours of sleep left. Another problem was the friends. I honestly didn't really have true friends because they were all fake. Their was so many cliques & if you wanted to have friends you'd have to join a club. Since most of the population consists of Asians, and you happen to be a different race (like me) you would be judged and treated differently by them. Overall this school is terrible and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, especially if your coming alone. Don't come to "Shady hills"! They call it "Shady" for a reason.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted July 04, 2015
Everyday I would go to bed at ridiculous times because the amount of homework I would get! And I didn't even have honors! The amount of homework is way to much for anyone to handle. I've been in honors my whole life until sunny & I can't take it which is why Im leaving!

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted July 04, 2015
Nope the majority of the kids don't care. And you have to be in a clique if you want to be popular.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted July 04, 2015
This school is filled with students who only care about themselves. I've been judged by my ethnicity and called names just because I'm not the same race as them! Not a school for me.

Sunny Hills High School 3

Posted November 16, 2014
As a student, I can certainly say that the academics and extracurriculars are copious in amount. Teachers are supportive and actually care for how you do in class. However, the main problem in this school are the cliques. Students of one ethnicity stay together, hardly allowing any other person get involved with them. Additionally, it's safe to call this school "fake". Unless you are in a club, the chance of having a good friend at this school is slim. There is a reason why Sunny Hills is called "Shady Hills."

Sunny Hills High School 4

Posted October 14, 2013
Not too easy, not too hard. Some teachers are wack, but it is overall a good school! A good balance between having a social life and a decent education.

Sunny Hills High School 3

Posted September 29, 2013
Sunny Hills, man, it's an okay school. From my experience, 80% of the teachers are great, students are alright, activities are great, administration stinks, food stinks, it is a poor school. The things i hated the most were the bad students that smoke everywhere and the administration that don't do anything. I also hate the entrance they have because it is such a hassle and it is a very stupid design. A lot of teachers don't know how to teach at all. The school keeps taking our money and uses it for useless things. AND, if you're child isn't "popular" or involved, the rest excludes you and doesn't care. All the students have their cliques and exclude people that they don't think is cool enough or something. Administration really sucks, REALLY. the band stinks and the football team too. Academics are alright. I just wouldn't recommend this school to anyone that wants a happy four years of high school.

Sunny Hills High School 1

Posted August 04, 2013
this school is horrible all they care about is grades not the students, workers don't respect or listen to students' opinions also they spend all the money to the useless, pointless activities and now school asks students more money to pay for the school.

Sunny Hills High School 5

Posted December 05, 2010
as a student at Sunny Hills High School, i am very please with what i see socially and academically, during the first few months i have been at this school. the classes are diverse, and the school its self is amazing.

Sunny Hills High School 5

Posted March 29, 2010
I m a senior at Sunny Hills and I HIGHLY recommend this school. I ll be concise, since I m allotted 150 words. It has the largest variety of Social Science classes in comparison to many districts. An impressive variety of electives is also offered. All of the teachers genuinely care of their students and go out of their way to offer extra help. The amount of spirit and pride is the best it has been in 20 years. All of the students are friendly, creating a fun and comfortable atmosphere. The IB and AP students are well-rounded. The sport teams are at an all-time high. ASB does an amazing job at planning events. The staff members are all friendly and approachable. There is no violence at this school. It has every kind of club. I m absolutely sure that every student here will get the best out of this school, academically and socially.

1801 Warburton Way, Fullerton, CA  92833
Last modified Sunny Hills High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sunny Hills High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 67 reviews. Top